Anime Sword Art Online

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by Sanya, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

That...was actually a good conclusion. Much better than how they ended the last season at least. Although, I really could have done without the last 30 seconds before the credits. Like, really? Do we really need to end on a note like that? It kinda took me out of everything and go, "oh, right, this is SAO".

Still, good episode.
    Good arc.
    Mediocre season.

2. Glen Returned from the dead

This last episode was very sad for me, but enjoyable nonetheless. It was a bit weird right at the end, but I still thought it fit in its own kind of way.

Although, I did read this afterwards, and the timing was just too much for my feels to handle.

3. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Due to my current interest in light novels, I decided to check out the first volume of Sword Art Online.

I can honestly say that I was pleasantly surprised by it. The story is very focused and detailed. While Kirito is still a very bland protagonist, the other characters around him keep the spirit alive; and this is especially true when it comes to Asuna. I mean, wow! The anime really did an injustice to Asuna as a character when comparing it to the source material.

One thing that I also liked was that most of the stuff I rather was not fond of in the first arc (the inclusion of Kirito's harem as well as Yui) was completely absent in the first volume (I know that they are in volume 2, but this is just judging on the first volume). As well, with all of this stuff being excluded, Kirito doesn't really come off as "GOD MOD BADASS", but a ("physically") strong character, and the amount of losses he goes through really makes him balanced.

Trust me, there are still plenty of problems with it (The ending still feels very rushed and ham-fisted), but I honestly had a blast reading it. It's a lot better than the anime for me, that's for sure.

4. Mysty Unknown

Out of curiosity, has anyone read the Light Novels to current? The translation currently is done with 15. I just wanted to talk to somebody about them. I'm halfway through 14 at the moment. There ks a lot to come to the SAO story and I feel Alicization is going to be the best arc thus far.

5. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Now that you mention it, I actually haven't read any of the light novel past Gun Gale Online, nor have I watched the anime past the end of the Alfheim arc.

6. Mysty Unknown

I'm caught up with the Light Novels now as well as read the side plot Sister's Prayer.

There is soo much coming to SAO guys. Seasons's 3 and 4 are going to be huge. The next VR will be the most emotional and thrilling experience yet, finally escaping the chains of the harem and focusing on the main hero Kirito. There is a feeling of desperation and suspense throughout the latest 7 inanimated novels. It also doesn't step away from the anime's focus, the VRMMO Sword Art Online. The original VR has a heavy influence on the fourth arc that can be much more appreciated than those of the 2nd and 3rd. Hope you all are looking forward to it when it is animated. I certainly am.

7. Mysty Unknown

Hey Ya'll. here with some new SAO news!

SAO is going to be having a movie come out soon. It will most likely be like Extra Edition in which it will link SAOII with SAOIII. There is a trailer, but it says nothing more than its coming. More info for the movie will be out on October 10th