Anime Sword Art Online

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by Sanya, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

No thread for the most popular show this season?

[​IMG]

Anyways just got caught up with it. Pretty enjoyable so far, who else is watching?​
    Also:​
    Finally that ******* got what was coming to him. Also Asuna and just their relationship is way too cute. With two episodes left I'm not sure what will happen next, maybe more run-ins with Laughing Coffin. I find it hard to believe they'll finish all 100 floors within two episodes though, so I'm guessing a second season.

2. Gamefreak103 A Freak of Games

I started watching this show since ep 5, and it's an ok show so far. Nothing amazing has happened in this show to make it memorable, but then again it isn't even half over yet. I'm just hoping this anime doesn't turn out to be a stinker in the end...

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I literally just started reading the manga, and I'm wondering why there's only 7 chapters everywhere online when there's still 10 books already out. I plan on watching the anime, because it looks like it's going to be really good.

4. Jayn

SAO...So many mixed feelings, etc.

> Critical Jayn strikes again.

So, when I first started the series I was really excited. The first episode intrigued me so much and it was so gripping. I went in blind, though. I didn't know anything about it and it caught me off guard that they were trapped in the game. It kind of reminded me ( a lot ) of my initial feelings for Mirai Nikki.

There were a few things that made no sense to me though, like. How would they survive without being able to eat if eating in that world only made them think they weren't hungry? And, what if the connection was lost? Etc. Apparently these things were answered in the Light Novel among some other things.

What I still don't understand if how they can feel pain if they apparently 'can't feel anything. I don't understand, every time they mention feeling something, lol. Or tasting something. Maybe that's explained in the novel too?

Ignoring those things, I was enjoying SAO immensely until I started feeling like I was tricked into watching a harem anime. Don't generally like that genre. All of the girls, my God. I would have really liked it more if it were more ... linear. I mean, it's normal in life to run into a bunch of girls. But it was like...the time skips stopped making sense to me after the loli. Everything happened SO FAST. And if there's another season, then I don't understand why they didn't pace themselves more.

I feel like the anime has been really rushed. Once Asuna x Kirito started to be painfully obvious, it slowed down and became more enjoyable for me. Even though I feel like their relationship was rushed, too. LOL.

I'm excited to see what happens, and still interested in watching.

Animation = Wonderfully glorious. I love the fight scenes.
    Music = Meh.
    Characters = Meh-eh. I only really liked Lizbeth, and Yui because she was too adorable. I liked Sachi too, actually. Asuna is blah whatever to me. And Kirito is like ... just the male protagonist. He only really stood out to me when he went all "YES...I AM...A BEATER, DESU. //CAPE" But I like those cray cray Light/Lelouch/Future!Shu character types. Otherwise, he's just a guy I could care less about personality-wise. I won't remember him.
    I really want to see what happens and how the ending plays out. That's what'll really make the difference for me.

5. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Speaking as someone who has read the Light Novels already...

You guys have a lot to look forward to. XD

And to answer the question in RvR's spoiler.
    I see the odds of more seasons being really high, although... it's hard for me to explain why without giving spoilers from the Light Novel, so I can't actually say here. :/
    But yeah, the odds of more seasons are pretty much guaranteed I'd say. Unless they do decide to end things after the 100 floors so to speak which'd be a big big shame.

As for a personal thought on the series: The anime has done a really good job in adapting the light novel... A fantastic job at that, but at the same time, due to the constraint of so few episodes, it has had to miss out a fair few things and details that I personally liked too.
    Some of you may have guessed with how time in the game has passed pretty quickly. (hence the rushed feeling that Jayn mentioned)
    I personally wish the anime could have had more episodes to give it more depth like how the light novel does, but again (repeating myself), considering the limited amount of time they've had for that... the anime has done a great job.

On that note, people may want to consider reading the Light Novel too. It's worth it for sure in my opinion.

6. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

Well if it's really going to break 50k sales like they're predicting, it will get a second season and then some probably. But yeah I haven't read the LNs but I hear there's a lot more left, which is good.

7. Cia (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧*.✧

There's only like two eps available on HuluPlus, which is what I use. I like the story a lot actually. I mean I've only seen two eps, I think it has a lot of potential. I had no idea the other eps where out btw, so now I gotta catch up lol. If anyone knows a good place so I could watch the others, leave a posstt~! c:

8. Labrys King's Apprentice

Personally I think the show lacks in some elements.

9. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Care to expand on that?
    Like what do you think it lacks exactly and so on? What do you think it could use etc?
    Just trying to get some discussion rolling here.[DOUBLEPOST=1351010181][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I use several places, I'll VM them to you or something.

10. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

... *stickies to List of Things Tale Needs to Watch*

This does look pretty interesting. The virtual reality game part makes me think of .hack//, which I kind of like (haven't read/watched enough for a really good impression, though), but this seems like it's genuinely its own original thing.

11. Chie Satonaka Twilight Town Denizen

I do not like Kirito's new design in ALFheim... I like his Aincrad version better...

12. Labrys King's Apprentice

I didn't like how they skip time each episode, it's too fast.
    They lack fights, they kinda skip through boss fights.
    Lacks the fantasy element that is in every RPG (Magic like fire, ice, water ect.)
    The fights suck
    No detail on the characters techniques
    It's basically a drama.
    Too fast
    Missing some major detail

13. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

As we've sorta said above, that's easily explained. The simple fact is, they did a very good job in adapting it from the huge series of Light novels it had. But I see your point in a way.

Uh... say what? There was plenty of action, and a fair few boss fights at that. But yeah. There was more point to the anime than just fighting. An anime doesn't need lots of fights to be good.

Because it's primarily about swords maybe? Just wait for the later seasons if that's what you're looking for.
    Also, not every single RPG possesses those elements, and it's kinda refreshing to see something different. But as I said, you'll get more of that later anyway. The other fact is to consider that it's a series based on an RPG in a way and isn't and RPG itself. If you were reviewing a game, I'd see your point more, but yeah, it's an anime so I don't see how that is too important. That might just be me though.

I'm gonna guess that you didn't stick out the series. A lot of the fights were pretty incredible and were recreated in the anime very well. Essentially, this also fits in with some of the stuff I said in point two above.

...Uh? Don't quite get what you mean. But is that really a problem? A lot of anime aren't that clear about such things, and again, there is stuff still explained about them and story relevant techniques and stuff later anyway.

Welcome to anime. Most of it tends to be filled with drama.

You kinda said that already, so refer to my above statement near the top.

That's not that specific really. :/
    But yeah, as I said. The anime did miss out some of the details the light novels had, but considering the time frame they've got episode wise for these things. It's still very well done.

Either way, you're entitled to your opinion and points, but yeah. I just felt I needed to have my say on those as well.
    I don't know if you did stick the series out or not, but if you didn't, perhaps give it a bit more of a chance?Maybe you'll change your mind. If not, fair enough, but yeah.

14. Labrys King's Apprentice

Oh yeah, I watch every new episode that comes out. Thanks for respecting my opinions

15. StardustXtreme Chaser

I changed my avatar and signature because of this series, pretty much explains my love for it.

16. Chie Satonaka Twilight Town Denizen

AWESOME~~~~~

ok anyways...
    I really really really really a million times over HATE SUGOU. *streams of curses towards sugou coming out of my mouth. you can imagine it*

17. StardustXtreme Chaser

Well duh, anyone woudl for his...tendenacies and what he's done.

18. Jayn

Okay, my opinion has improved with this next ark.
    Since it's expanding on what happens after everything, it's boosted up on my list a bit. New confusions. These may have been explained, so feel free to remind me.

> Why does no one know who Kirito is? He cleared the last game and saved all of those people, and yet no one recognizes the name Kirito--specifically his own 'SISTER'? Why would he even use that name, knowing Sugou or whatever is batshit cray. It seemed like he thought about whether or not to use it, and then did so I'm just wondering.

> Why does his sister not recognize him? His avatar looks JUST LIKE HIM, WAT?

> Why is anyone playing this elf game after what happed in SAO? This is more of an opinion. I'm sorry, but never would I ever. How much time has passed since that incident, again?

Anyway, I'm hoping it doesn't take long for his sister to realize it's him because that's ridiculous.

It's pretty good so far. I always appreciate anime that go above and beyond. Like, past the expected, which SAO has done.

I think the exploiting the software thing is a bit redundant (I mean it just happened), but nbd.

Also wondering why all of these girls swoon over Kirito. He is so bland imho, I'm sorry. Meh, anime. That being said, I find both Asuna (less so) and Kirito pretty blargh as characters, but I'll still be pretty bummed if they don't end up together. Unless Kirito ends up with Lizbeth--*shot* Nah, but Leafa is pretty much Asuna 2.0, so.

Overall, though. Worth watching.

19. StardustXtreme Chaser

1. If you recall, when Sugou si introduced, he shakes hands with Kazuto as he says in surprise he's Kirito, most likely, the goverment and such released infomation about Krito freeing the Players or the previous visits Kazuto has at the hospital, Asuna's father inquired about it since Kazuto asked the goveremant where Asuna is in exchange about what happened in SAO.

Kazuto most likely never told Sugaha about his account name and he did debate on choosing the name Kirito but he decided on that perhaps to show Sugou that he can't get away with anything and also, so Asuna can know it's actually him, either that or Sugou woudl think Kirito is just some random person tryign to emulate the SAO Kirito.

2. Ah the powers of look-alike and neve rjumping to a conclusion, it's proabbaly teh fact Kirito of ALO has spiky hair and pointy ears, after all Suguha's Avatar looks nothing liek ehr real world self except her face, but we have to remmeber, it's a survival thign going in ALO with the race's and secondly, Kirito is more focused on saving Asuna from Sugou's scheme and reunite with her.

3. It was 2 months after SAO was cleared but in those 2 months, anything of could of occured such as increased security or a law stating all MMO's are checked throuoghly to ensure a scheme like SAO never occurs again.

I admit, Kirito is dense to feelings of other girls he encounters but Asuna has that spark they didn't have, plus, the other girls weren't front-line fighters since Lisbeth was just a blacksmith, SIlca a Beast Tamer whose partner was killed and also allowed to live 3 more days, it's likely after she used it, she stopped fighting. Sachi died sadly but if she lived, Kirito would probabaly end up with her.

20. Labrys King's Apprentice

I agree 100%.
    Hey did you guys hear that there is gonna be a sword art video game coming out?