Super Tuesday

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by hangthesilver, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Repliku Chaser

I've been keeping up with this too and it's pretty interesting so far.

If Ron Paul hadn't of said he wanted to get rid of a lot of departments that I feel we need to keep balance then he would have had more of my support and probably others. There are just some things I do not trust in the hands of corporations. Insurance is bad enough and we pay exorbitant prices for it but have to have it or people don't have any and work for 50+ hours. It's just not right to me.

I'm also glad that though Huckabee won some states he's on the losing end. I really cannot stand that guy for his religious scheme position in all of this and do not want to see us degrade back 100 years instead of advancing our culture. I'm not sure I'd vote for McCain but if Clinton wins, I probably will.

I think right now, though I'm not sure I like his stance on the Iraq War scenario, I'm voting for Obama if he makes it through the primaries. I think he's not just all 'talk' and 'Point point, clap clap' like Clinton is and was happy to see he's 4 points ahead of her so far so people who thought he was out were wrong. I also think it's funny that the Clintons tried to say he got votes from all blacks when there are quite a few states that are predominantly white that he gained votes from over her and by a great margin. It just shows how biased they are. I'm really not here to vote for 'the first black man president' or 'the first woman president'. It's more I want the person in office I feel that is going to do the right job. I hope that a lot of people feel that way regardless of who they cast votes for.

I still debate that if somehow Huckabee or Clinton win, moving to Canada sounds like a good option as I feel they are both the most harmful to this country and we don't need another Clinton in office as much as we don't need another Bush. And Huckabee...I am so sick of religious zealots running for president. Every time we get one I feel we move back in time to the Puritan era.

2. hangthesilver Destiny Islands Resident

The Clintons saying that about the votes amused me too. And it irritates me that MSNBC suspended David Shuster because he said that Chelsea was being "pimped" out. Because freedom of speech is not tolerated in this country, apparently. /notamused.

As for the first "woman" or "black" president, I would hope some people wouldn't vote that way, but my grandmother is a prime example. "I'm voting for Hillary because shes'a woman, and women do better jobs than men." O.o Right, I'm an feminist as the next person, but dang, that's just messed up. It scares me, because I think we'll just have these masses of people who feel they need to make a statement to trump "AMERICA FINALLY HAS A BLACK/WOMAN PRESIDENT." I hope for more than that but... I've come across a lot of uneducated people recenty and it scares me that those people get the opportunity to vote when they're not informed, or at least as narrow-minded as my dearly beloved grandmother is.

And ditto about religious zealots. You're setting the stage for another Inquisition that way.

3. EvilMan_89 Code Master

it seems to be that the candidates are just saying what ppl want to hear, i dont' think they have any intention of doing what they promise. i mean, they promise that they will pull out of Iraq but that just seems a little unrealistic to me

EDIT: ok nvm, Hitlery Clinton has won my vote ONLY becuz i noticed that Barrack oSama avoids talking about the issues and keeps saying stupid things like "we can change" and ppl cheer for no reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.