Nintendo Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by . : tale_wind, Mar 9, 2018.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

To the surprise of many, Nintendo closed out yesterday's Nintendo Direct with an announcement for a new Super Smash Bros. game—scheduled to release this year.

There's no gameplay footage, release date, or full title announced yet, but the roster is confirmed to include Mario, Link (featuring his Breath of the Wild appearance), several more characters in silhouette (easily recognizable are Bowser and Donkey Kong), and newcomers the Inklings from Splatoon.

2. Trigger hewwo uwu

thank you for acknowledging this as a new Smash game and not just a port like everyone keeps thinking it is lol

i'm crazy excited. i hope the roster receives minimal or NO cuts from the previous game.

3. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

So long as I get the legendary, pure, awe inspiring, true gangsta: King Dedede, then we are good.

4. jackdaniel0 Twilight Town Denizen

I hope to God there's a story mode, I hated that the last game didn't have one because they were scared that the cutscenes would get leaked online.

5. rheds Banned

Love everything by Super Smash Bros. Can't wait for this!!!

6. Trigger hewwo uwu

i knew you were cool. i knew you was my ****in nibba

7. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

The game was fully revealed at E3 today as Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and will feature EVERY FIGHTER THAT HAS EVER APPEARED IN THE SERIES, in addition to the previously announced Inklings from Splatoon and now Daisy from the Mario series and Ridley from the Metroid series! Check out the full details!

8. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Five new fighters were announced in today's Smash Bros. Direct—two new fighters, and three Echo fighters!

Simon from Castlevania joins the fight, along with his Echo fighter Richter! Echo fighters Chrom (Echo of Roy) and Dark Samus (Echo of Samus) also appear, as well as King K. Rool from Donkey Kong!

Check out the video for all sorts of other cool news!

9. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

FINNALLLYYY CHROOMMM IS HERE!!!! Even though he’s a echo fighter....FINNALLLYYYY!!!! God I’ve been waiting for Nintendo to do this lol

10. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Today's Nintendo Direct brought us yet another brand-new fighter: Isabelle from the Animal Crossing series! Jump ahead to 34:57 to check her out!

11. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

[​IMG]

This Thursday, November 1, Nintendo will air a 40-minute Smash Direct! The Direct will be immediately followed by a Nintendo Treehouse presentation.

The Smash Direct will air at 10am ET. You can watch it on Nintendo's website, Twitch channel, or YouTube channel.

12. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Our final two base roster characters are Ken from the Street Fighter series (as an Echo of Ryu), and Incineroar from the Pokémon series! Additionally, shortly after the game's release, Piranha Plant from the Mario series will be the game's first DLC fighter, available initially for free, followed by five brand-new paid DLC fighters yet to be revealed!

Watch the Direct to learn more about the new fighters, some new Assist Trophies, and the brand-new Spirits mode!

13. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

Piranha Plant hype is strong. I goddamn love weird characters in fighting games.

14. Rinzler Destiny Islands Resident

Pray for Sora to be DLC! Also that adventure mode looks absolutely amazing, can’t wait to see what it’s got in store for us

15. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

The first of the five DLC fighters (excluding Piranha Plant) was just announced tonight at The Game Awards...

Joker from Persona 5! You'll never see it coming!

There's still no announced release date for the DLC fighters, but the season pass is available at the game's launch.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  16. Rinzler Destiny Islands Resident

A big fat....

B O I ? ! ? !

17. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Joker and his stage, Mementos, have been detailed in a new video about the game's 3.0 update. Also featured are new Mii costumes, as well as the new Stage Builder and Video Editor modes.

This update drops later today, April 17.

18. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

The Hero DLC released today, along with version 4.0.0! Check out the details here:

19. Rinzler Destiny Islands Resident

#KHForSmash

20. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Just announced! Banjo & Kazooie will be available today, and Terry Bogard from Fatal Fury in November! Additionally, more fighters after the Challengers Pack five will be coming in the future!

A new set of Mii Fighter costumes is also coming today with Version 5.0, including Proto Man, Goemon, Team Rocket, and Sans!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019