Super Smash Bros Brawl - Delayed Edition

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Darkandroid, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leadcat Twilight Town Denizen

I don't mind knowing the characters so much, I already knew the Melee roster before I'd played it and that didn't ruin my experience. One thing I am avoiding though is how to unlock the characters.

2. TheMuffinMan Banned

You're about 6 months late on that, Deoxys was shown as a Pokeball summon forever ago, lol

Lucario is playable though

3. Jube Formerly Chuck's

Well I can't say much seeing as how I have not been playing the game for that long but it is entertaining so far.

Thpugh the fact that most stuff was leaked kinda makes the experience less accelerating. Once you use that character that you have been dieing to use you might wonder what you found so interesting in that character.

But it's good so far. (still rather be playing Gears of War though)

4. Soushirei 運命の欠片

That's what happens when people overhype their desired mains before actually playing them.

5. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

I said to myself a few days ago "It would be weird if they put R.O.B. in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. and know they did. lol!

6. *Hippie Jesus* "I get online and notice I have E-mail I click my

Between the area where your parent's have sex
    heart broken

7. Leadcat Twilight Town Denizen

The thought had crossed my mind before thanks to Mario Kart DS and his appearance in the Subspace Emissary. I do think he is quite a good choice, although I'm not sure how he plays yet.

*hasn't been keeping up with the flood of news past the characters and stages*

8. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

yeah I just found a video on youtube that shows Rob, Falco, Captain Falcons smash, and Lucario. IF you want to see it its here.

9. TheMuffinMan Banned

Neutral Special - Fires a horizontal laser that does 5%-10% damage (5% from far away, 10% if you're right near him) that goes through multiple enemies. No manual charging, just an instantly shot. Can't be rapid-fired, if you use it immediately after just using it, ROB's face sparks and nothing happens, gotta wait like 3 seconds between uses. This laser can also be angled upwards and downwards, and bounces off of Walls and the Stage Floor (Though I believe it goes straight through platforms)

Side Special - Spins his arms all around him in a whirlwind hitting the opponent with multiple hits. The tilts of his arms can be adjusted mid-attack so that he's aiming his arms upwards and downwards. It's unconfirmed, but I've hear that ROB can stand at the edge of a stage, arm his arms at a downward angle and use this attack, and if someone is recovering and runs into his spinning arms, they will be spiked down to their death (This was originally a function of Link's Up-B in Melee, his Up-B would "semi-spike" people downwards, but it was removed from Link in Brawl, and possibly given to ROB)

Down Special - Charges up a Gyromite Spinning Top, when it's done charging ROB can fire the Top at any time (It's like how you can charge Samus's Charge Canon and when it's done, Samus is flashing and then later you can just press B to fire a full charged blast). When ROB presses Down-Special again he launches the Spinning Top forward with a lot of force that does about 20% on the initial hit, after it hits it sits on the stage spinning in place, it can then be picked up and thrown like a normal item for 10% damage, or ROB can charge it up again to use.

Up Special - ROB uses a rocket jump with incredible recovery distance, ROB boosts himself with a rocket jet under himself, anyone directly under ROB get's burned by the blasts. ROB's Up Special is the only one in the game that you can actually stop using in Mid-Air, and then start using again, and ROB can even do aerial attacks in between boosts.

Final Smash - ROB's eyes electrify and he starts shooting out a tornado of lasers and damaging energy/electricity directly in front of him. ROB's Final Smash is not a huge explosion or anything that damages the whole stage, his eyes are simply shooting out immensely damaging lasers, so ROB must run and chase him opponents, trapping them in his damaging eye lasers for immense damage. The Final Smash lasts for a period of about 15 seconds, and in this time if used properly, ROB can do over 200% damage to an opponent.

You can see all of these here:

YouTube - SSB R.O.B. specials and training gameplay

I recently discovered, ROB's Neutral Special is actually like Wario's Fart attack: the longer you wait to use it the more damage it does.

The earliest blast does 5% damage, and then if you try and use it directly after, it hasn't had any time to 'charge' so it does nothing and just sparks. However, if you wait to use it the laser actually has an invisible charge time, and after about 30 seconds of not using it, it will be a more powerful blast that does 20% damage and can knock you off the stage (Possible 40% damage if you're directly next to ROB when he uses the more powerful blast)

Also, ROB's Back-A is a rocket-boost explosion sort of attack, which in addition to being an attack, propells ROB forward slightly when used. So, it can be comparable to Marth's Forward-B recovery from Melee, only with ROB's Back-A

Anyone remember that Jigglypuff combo video I showed awhile ago that showed how Jigglypuff could knock you off the stage and keep hitting you over and over and actually forcibly punch you all the way to death from the side of the stage? Well, with ROB's awesome jumps and ridiculous Up-B, ROB can do that now...yes, ROB is indeed capable of Jigglypuff's Wall of Pain

10. Leadcat Twilight Town Denizen

Thanks, both of you. :D

He sounds pretty awesome from that post MuffinMan. ROB for top tier! :P

11. Soushirei 運命の欠片

Jigglypuff's final smash for top tier.

12. Jube Formerly Chuck's

13. Moodkip ~洞爺湖~

AMEN. fillerz

14. TheMuffinMan Banned

Jigglypuff's Final Smash for being absolutely useless

15. Trigger hewwo uwu

lol agreed.

Despite Marth's Final Smash being a huge slash, I love it. I still love Ike's FS too. I find Luigi's the most interesting out of all of them, though.

16. Luka Deafening silence

fail falco fox and wolf all have same D:
    oh and Zeldas Final smash is epic win =D

17. Darkandroid Gets it Together

18. Leadcat Twilight Town Denizen

Landmaster for top tier. =D

xD

19. Soushirei 運命の欠片

Jigglypuf's final smash is pretty much one geared for specific situations. It still has plenty KO potential if you're edgeguarding with it. Or if you manage to catcn an opponent off guard, imagine forcing them off the side of the map (past the KO line) simply by enlarging yourself and consequently shoving them off.

20. Chad Thundercucc The dharma of valvu; the dream of a clatoris

Snake's final smash is pretty interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.