Super Mario Bros. Z Revival

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by . : tale_wind, Sep 21, 2015.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Super Mario Bros. Z was a fanmade Flash sprite animation crossover between the Super Mario Bros. and Sonic franchises with the drama and action of Dragonball Z that was as ambitious as it was wildly popular. The first episode was released on Newgrounds in 2006, but the series was officially canceled in 2012--over two years after the release of the eighth episode. The series was widely acclaimed for its plot and its stunning animation (later episodes in the series somehow exceeded Flash's 16K frame cap, and Newgrounds increased its file upload size just so the eighth episode could be released). Creator Alvin Earthworm's disillusionment with his work, the sheer amount of work he put into this series, and overbearing and demanding fans all contributed to his abandonment of the series.

But this month he launched a Patreon page announcing the series' revival! Only a new trailer (the one above) has been released thus far and the revival has already garnered pledges of over $2000 per episode.

One of my best friends introduced me to the series back in its heyday and we were crushed that it ended. BUT NOW IT'S COMING BACK AAAAAAAA

2. jackdaniel0 Twilight Town Denizen

Dude, when I saw this a few days ago, I almost screamed. That show was my childhood, it was the highest level of cool and badass and everything awesome.
    To see it come back, with a complete new start, with complete updated graphics and a new range of skills Alvin has learned over the years, it makes me giddy. I can't wait to see this new masterpiece.

3. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Oh it'd be neat to see this revived! This was one of the many things friends and I would talk about for days after watching the latest episode. Hope this Revival come to fruition as I'd love to see this now when animation software has so much going for it.

4. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

TA-DAAAAA~

5. burnitup Still the Best 1973

God, I loved this series back then. And it is looking good now.