Sunburn Help

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by Johnny Bravo, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Johnny Bravo Chaser

Okay, so I went swimming on Saturday, fell asleep in the sun and now I have first degree burns all over my chest, back, and part of my legs and arms. All of these area's are clearing up but a few blisters have began forming on my back. They appear to be second degree blisters from over-expossure to the sun, but I am not 100% sure. Have any of you had this before? Do any of you know any ways to clear this up quicker? (I can provide a photo if needed to see the blisters.)

2. Iskandar King of Conquerors

My brother got the same kind of problem when we were up in Seattle visiting my brother. What I do know is DO NOT mess with the blisters and pop them. See if you can find some kind of ointment or whatever to put on them to make it better. They're going to be there a little while, but you'll have to deal with it

3. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

In general terms for more severe burns, some types of cream applied to the affected area can help quicken healing and reduce pain.

Also, to shower or bath in cold water and to expose them to air (heals quicker and they won'r rub against the the affected area which could irritate it further).

I recently have suffered burns to my legs after readin to intently for hours without applying sun cream. The affected area has now begun to peel. Thought you might like to know that you're not alone! XD

4. Johnny Bravo Chaser

Thank you both for the advice, and dont worry, I am on an exchange trip in Germany, and 4 of my other friends and a bunch of Germans are burned too so im not too alone (although I am the worst)

5. Yozora Archer

I've had sunburn before, but they were teenager burns compared to your monster ones. Well, what I did was apply lotion over my burns, then I put a towel over them. I did this when the spots started to itch like ****.

I guess this isn't much, but you could try it when your blisters are gone or something. The lotion and towel thing doesn't completely make everything better, but it does give some relief.

6. Shadox D. Twilight Town Denizen

Have you tried aloe vera? I think it's supposed to help with healing and pain.