Help Stupid spoiler tags

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by Glen, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Glen Returned from the dead

So, if you make a spoiler tag currently and put information in it, for the most part it's all fine and dandy.

And then you click edit.

If you edit something in that post that involves additional coding (for example, changing some text to italics) it quite often will change it into multiple spoiler tags, for some reason, and won't let me change it back. I have tried changing the spoilers to the tab system, but well..

My first question is this: Is there a way to fix this? It really annoys me and makes posting in roleplays extremely frustrating.

My second question? Why does it happen in the first place? Surely there has to be something that could be done about it?

EDIT: Something that should be noted is that I HAVE gone into the bb code editor and simply removed the additional spoiler tags, but upon clicking "Save Changes" it simply places them back in.

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Just wanna add that I've had this problem and seen it a couple of other times on the forum, too, so it definitely isn't a Shu-only thing.

3. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I have had similar problems while RPing. This really needs some attention.

4. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

This problem should be resolved if you do all of your complex coding using the Plaintext mode. The error most likely happens because of faulty closing practices.

e.g.:
    Code:
    [SPOILER]Some [B]bold text.[/SPOILER]Some more bold text.[/B]

5. Glen Returned from the dead

That seems to have fixed it, thanks. Still, is there some kind of system that could be put in place to prevent it screwing that up in future?

6. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

I'm afraid that asking the computer to write your style for you is probably asking too much. If you want my advice, Plaintext mode is your safest bet to perfect coding.

Here are some user-end resources you can use to write your codes in plain BBCode:

BBCode Post Editor (Standalone off-site editor)
    Plaintext BBCode Buttons (Script that adds BBCode buttons to Plaintext mode on the site)