Traditional Art Stupid Sexy Korra

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by Hayabusa, May 2, 2012.

1. Hayabusa Venomous

[​IMG]

Description from my deviantART:

Suck it Asami~

Attempting to get better at female anatomy. Tell me how well I did?

Also, lineart as usual if someone else wants to color it:

[​IMG]

2. Krowley Moderator

Very well done.
    My only nitpick is her neck seems a bit elongated and her hair seems longer than usual

3. Hayabusa Venomous

Yeah, necks are a pain in the neck

OH HO HO HO HO HO

But seriously I saw that after I scanned the sketch and couldn't really figure out how to fix it x.x

And forget me ever getting hair right

4. Lite The Future

Like I said in LPTP: Hot damn.

Seriously though, it's quite well done. I like the coloring, and the sunlight effect adds to the beach theme Korra's got.

Like Krowley said, the neck seems to be a tad bit long. Other than that, very well done.

5. The Graceful Assassin It's Just Like Christmas Morning

Yeah neck needs to be a bit shorter. Other than that, this is pretty good.

6. Krowley Moderator

Concerning the hair, you have most of it pretty down. The part running along her back doesn't really need to be there since there tied up at the front and back. Really just adding a tad more volume to the pieces that are tied could suffice.

7. Hayabusa Venomous

I get it guys, the neck sucks lol

Oh yeah, about the hair.

I was actually going to do two variations of it: one with it all down, and one with it in the ponytail.

However, I thought it looked fine as it was and was just too lazy to change it

8. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

Dat neck o_o I never knew she was a giraffe...

Other than that, I don't see anything else wrong with this. You've drawn it very nicely and neatly, and coloured it much the same too.

Great job! Looks awesome!

9. Mysty Unknown

Big neck. Very long. But that has been pointed out.

I also believe her breasts to be a bit dis-formed.

10. Te Deum Hollow Bastion Committee

Everybody's hatin' on the neck 0_o

Dude, it's fine. It's a tad bit lengthy, and her hair isn't that long, but whatever. They call it fanart for a reason, right?

Nice job bro~ Korra be lookin' sexay.

11. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

This is sexy. I don't really mind the neck, after all isn't your first try//attempt at female anatomy? Well, you're attempting to get better at it so I excuse the neck, not everyone can be perfect first time. I adore the colors and I'm really liking the hair.

Well done, Habu~

12. Peyton Goddess Of Love ♥

I don't want to rain on your parade or anything, but the proportions are a bit off. However, practice is what makes perfect ;D

First of all the feet are too small, especially since you've given her those long, sexy beach legs. Try making them a tad bigger, especially her right leg, then the legs will come together much nicer. Also her right lower leg isn't enitrely straight (it might just be because the black outline isn't even) which makes it look a bit broken. However, that being said you've done a great job with the perspective the feet are viewed in, and how you decided to solve drawing that. It's really difficult so kudos to you!
    Moving upwards, the upper abdomen is quite long and I suppose her ribcage is too big and it looks especially unproportional as you've chosen to make the ribcage so pointy. You should be able to fix both the long abdomen and the rib cage quite easily by trying to make the ribcage more round where it's at it's pointiest, and perhaps make the boobs a bit bigger so an illusion of the upper abdomen being shorter is created.
    And yeah as others have mentioned the neck is perhaps a bit too long, and the hands could be a bit bigger.
    Lastly, the head is a bit small for the body, which is very difficult to fix, however it's always something you can keep in mind for another drawing. This http://www.ehow.com/how_8408021_determine-head-size-drawing.html is one very simple guide on how to do it. I know the guide is intended for if you're working with a model, however it works just as well for free hand drawing without a model. The 1:8 ratio is something I usually find very helpful.

I really like her tan and the colours you've chosen for this drawing, and also the little details you've added all over the picture to make it more realistic(like the indication of her hip). Good job, and keep practising, this is not a bad attempt at the female anatomy. :'D