Support Strange Occasional Issue with Sound

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Amaury, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

It's started recently, but it's not very often. My sound sometimes randomly stops working while simultaneously I can't get anything to play on WMA or WMM because there was reportedly an error with the file, but it's with all files, so it's not actually the files.

Closing all open applications or restarting my computer seems to fix it. It seems to happen when I'm using either Roxio or WMM to process/save videos.

2. Amaury Legendary Hero

Okay, so I haven't completely isolated the cause, but I've narrowed it down, I think.

It's closing only the Firefox application that fixes it, not all of the applications like I previously stated. However, it doesn't fix itself right away as I have to wait for the Firefox and Flash processes in the task manager to stop and disappear.

So it's either Firefox or Flash for some reason. Ever since Firefox 35, if I remember correctly, just about every time I close Firefox at night before I go to bed, shortly after I close it, it crashes. It's not a big deal since it only happens when I close it and I'm going to bed, anyway, but I wonder if it's related. Although I don't think that's likely as this issue only started recently and Firefox is now on version 38.

Firefox has crashed on me a few times lately while I was doing normal browsing, but I think that was because I was trying to do too much and the computer was still having some residual effects from video processing, which is normal.

3. Amaury Legendary Hero