Dream Drop Distance Story Theory

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by The Graceful Assassin, Apr 10, 2011.

1. The Graceful Assassin It's Just Like Christmas Morning

Alright, this is a LITTLE too weird, but in the trailer, we see Sora and Riku in the ending of KH2. Then they change into KH1 clothes. As you can see Riku is about to face Ansem while Sora faces Xemnas. So I think Yensid must have prepared them by giving them a dream, which is DDD. I know it might seem strange, but that's what I think.

2. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Yeah, your idea seems to roll a little. Because, I mean, why would they just go straight back in time? How would they do that? Maybe the Mark of Mastery Exam is given through a dream-like state, which would semi-explain all the random switching in between...

3. Glen Returned from the dead

Another theory of why they're in KH1 clothes(however unlikely it is), is that Mickey may have used that time travel thing in birth by sleep to bring them back for some reason. Possibly to see if they were EVER worthy of the title "keyblade wielder"?

4. SonGoku Destiny Islands Resident

what if the entire game is a dream?

5. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

Thankx for ruining BBS for me. Anyway I think KH would be ruined by time travel. The dream theory fits the title more.

6. The Graceful Assassin It's Just Like Christmas Morning

7. Glen Returned from the dead

Far as i know, you don't GET a choice. I've read somewhere that gameplay just randomly switches between the two.

8. Rhiscx Banned

I like the whole dream idea, but what if the Ansem SoD Riku battles is actually Sora? And Xemnas that Sora battles is actually Riku? I don't think they would fight each other like Terra and Aqua did, so Yen Sid puts them in a dream state based on their memories, to help them be able to fight and see if they are worthy of the master title.

9. Llave Superless Moderator

That would make sense, however, I wonder if they both will become masters or will it end up like BBS? (a little non-sequetor: maybe in Days Xemnas( Terra's part of him) remembered fighting aqua and send Roxas and Xion to fight each other in Halloween town.) i dunno if that's relevant, but it would support your thesis, Bustersword777.

10. Rhiscx Banned

Yes, that sounds reasonable, but I don't want to see Riku fall back into darkness like Terra, or one of the two accidentally killing the other off. 'Cause, you know, that would be bad.

11. The Graceful Assassin It's Just Like Christmas Morning

It would give more of a reason to play this and make the plot more dynamic. Like you have to play as Riku and get out of the Realm of Darkness.

12. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

maybe yen sid put them in a dream so they could fight them (considering the real ones are already dead) and the exam is a race to see who can beat theirs first

13. Plums Wakanda Forever

I don't think it would be a race, but rather a test of growth and maturity.

It was pretty much Riku's entire story during KH and Reverse/Rebirth. He made some bad choices out of jealousy, and he had to mature past this petty envy of Sora to become the hero he is during KH2. There's also the question of Sora's maturity too; even though he's saved the worlds countless times, we still haven't seen the inner conflicts he may have with himself, especially since he is
    the keeper of everyone's hurt and what not.

14. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I do believe that this is all somehow a dream, hence the name and your theory makes sense. I believe Yen Sid puts them in a dream to fight Xemnas/Ansem again to probably overcome something or to learn something. For example, Riku getting over his darkness- it could be a similar story to Terra's in him having to get over it (I think this was already mentioned in this thread, but whatever).

It's possible that it's also to see is Sora can beat Xemnas alone, it is said that Xemnas is the strangest character in all of KH history and even Sora needed Riku to beat him. I believe this is either the Mark of Mastery exam or something preparing him for it.

15. Key master Sora Traverse Town Homebody

In everyone's hearts as the connection....
    but how would the dream state work? i mean it's a great theory and all but
    yen sid asked mickey to BRING sora and riku to him for the mark of mastery exam in the secret ending of re:Coded...
    I like the theory so would they be warned about it or was what he said empty words or would he put them in the dream state there or what would happen?

Nvmind this post... i like your theory even more now that i saw the trailer...

[video=youtube;Q6rSwB2MdUE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6rSwB2MdUE&feature=player_embedded[/video]

A user on the kingdom hearts ultimania
    Debenz 6 months ago

This is just a thought I came up with hours ago.

You see Ansem with a see through Xemnas behind him and Xemnas with a see through Ansem behind him. Nomura said that KH3D is about "trust". My thought is, so Sora can see Xemnas and Riku can see Ansem. Now what if Ansem and Xemnas were just an illusion, and Sora and Riku were fighting each other without knowing it because they think they're fighting Ansem/Xemans,and they would have to figure out that it's not really them.This is due to them taking the Mark of Mastery exam.

16. CarmineAngelo Moogle Assistant

I think it's the mark of mastery exam ;D