Television Steven Universe

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Korosu, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

I thought I'd make an ~official~ thread for the show. I'm surprised one hadn't been made sooner considering the show's popularity/renown on the internet. Credit to @Feenie for the logo.

Steven Universe is an American animated television series created by Rebecca Sugar for Cartoon Network. It is the coming-of-age story of a young boy named Steven Universe, who lives in the fictional town of Beach City with the "Crystal Gems" – Pearl, Garnet, and Amethyst, three magical humanoid aliens. Steven, who is half-Gem, goes on adventures with his friends and helps the Gems protect the world from their own kind.
    credit (beware of spoilers)

At the time of writing this, there has been 113 episodes and the show has been renewed for a fifth season. Feel free to discuss and whatnot. I'll edit this intro post later on with more information, like reviews or articles about the show, later on.

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I'm really excited for the show to come back off of hiatus at the end of this month! If I remember correctly, Rebecca Sugar said somewhere a while back that they'd written the show to wrap up in five seasons, and with all the episodes that have currently been released we're already about a third of the way through season four, so we should be seeing things start to pick up with this next Stevenbomb.

3. Krowley Moderator

The Stevenbomb this week was awesome. Without giving too much away, you get to see a lot of new gem faces behind the diamond regime with a lot of feels and space adventures. Also I find the Zoo episodeto be a pretty neat look at humans under homeworld gem care.

4. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

I recall something similar being said! I hope they're able to pace it correctly. They have a full season left so they should be able to do it, in theory.

Have you watched the leaks yet?
    I thought it was pretty neat! Some parts I feel could have been handled better, like with the human zoo, for example. How many humans were first taken there? Etc.

~What's the use of feeling, Blue?~ I feel like Yellow's voice actor did a great job of her song. Found it very interesting that the Diamond's are able to feel emotion too, as well as how differently they react to the death of Pink, even after thousands of years has passed.

5. Day~Dream Kingdom Keeper

I recently got into Steven Universe after randomly getting on the wiki for it and reading up on some of the characters. It really interested me and I decided to give the show a shot and I'm glad I did. I'm gonna be honest I thought it was just a dumb kiddy show and boy was I wrong. I was never expecting it to get dark, mysterious, so real, and emotional. I'm up to the 2nd season and I'm dying to learn more about the
    gem war, Rose, and what went on with Pink DIamond and the other diamonds

6. Day~Dream Kingdom Keeper

So the Wanted special aired today, not sure if anyone else here saw it, but if you haven't please do. Like now. XD It was amazing. I saw a couple of spoilers on YT though I didn't think it was real
    like Lar's death
    I was not expecting that. Although the thing that got me the most was The Trial when
    Zircon brought up the theory/argument that Rose shattering Pink Diamond didn't add up, and I agree. Given Rose was against using The Breaking Point, I never thought she used it against PD and it was established her sword couldn't shatter gems let alone a Diamond, so when the Zircon brought up the theory that only someone close to her could've done it, like another Diamond, I was left speechless. x.x
    I never considered it but now I have my own somewhat of a theory as to who could've done it. ;D

7. Plums Wakanda Forever

Yeah! After they hammered it home so much with jasper & all, I hadn't considered Rose wasn't the one to kill PD. But hearing all the points Zircon raised, I'm definitely considering Pearl being the one to do it w/ Yellow Diamond's permission.

This is all assuming our Pearl was with Pink Diamond of course, but that explains how someone was able to get so close to PD to shatter her, and how everyone seems convinced (or in Yellow Diamond's case, pushing off the blame) onto Rose. "Who would ever think a Pearl would be good for anything?" has been such a long running thread in the lore, and it'd be super relevant to Pearl's ongoing arc of finding her self-worth that this was her first real decision.

granted, one that's totally messed up steven's emotions, but that's also been very much a Pearl Thing the last few seasons, lol

8. Day~Dream Kingdom Keeper

This was from the San Diego Comic Con.

I'm really excited for the upcoming season. The image that got me most hyped though was at 00:34. A lot of people are speculating that it's a flashback of the gem war. As much as that would be cool (seeing anything relating to the war would be cool to be honest) but something seems off within the image. At that time the crystal gems only consisted of Pearl, Garnet, Amethyst, Bismuth, and Rose. (at least that's what we've been lead to believe so far) so who are the other 2 gems that are present and where is Rose? You'd think the person who helped lead the war would be there.

Either they had more allies that they haven't felt the need to disclose, or they are being kept as secret for whatever reason (Like how Bismuth was kept secret) or it's a present day fight w/ 2 new gems aiding in the fight (the one next to Garnet kind of resembles Peridot funny enough) and PD was never actually shattered and she's back for either vengeance or to finish what she started with Earth's colonization. (just a crazy theory, don't mind me)

I definitely agree that it must have been an inside job. I think YD knows more than she lets on. And I don't know if it's because of her lack of appearance but I've always suspected White Diamond in having had a hand in PD's shattering. She was even absent for the trial. That to me shows indifference towards finding the truth. Maybe she saw PD as weak since it was one of her creations that began the rebellion. One that she wasn't able to end so WD put an end to it by having her shattered.

OR

I read an interesting theory on why White Diamond has yet to make an appearance. Someone wrote that maybe she stays away b/c she doesn't trust the other diamonds. That she too suspects of either one or both of them having played a role in PD's shattering and that maybe she'll become an ally for Steven in figuring out the truth.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  9. Day~Dream Kingdom Keeper

White diamond confirmed, all aboard the hype train!

I'm glad that we're finally here, the moment we've all been waiting for, information about the war and PD's shattering.

The series returns on April 9th with 3 new story arcs. Still not sure how many episodes it'll be exactly, but here's some info on some of the new episodes.

Source

10. Day~Dream Kingdom Keeper

If you haven't seen the 2 part special that aired May 7th I highly suggest watching it now.

NEVER in a million years would I have thought that the Rose is PD theorists were right. But holy g watching those episodes... I figured it would still be a long way until we figured out who shattered PD, only to find out PD was never shattered, and had been living as Rose and ultimately as Steven this whole time. I really hope they explore how PD came to wanting to be Rose and wanting to have Steven.

Also, a new promo for the Summer!

MAJOR SPOILERSs: I highly recommend watching episodes 17 and 18 of season 5 before watching the promo

11. Day~Dream Kingdom Keeper

New Steven Universe episodes airing next week! (5 in total) starting July 2nd.