Film Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by . : tale_wind, Apr 29, 2014.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

[​IMG]

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens, set to be released on December 18, 2015, is the first movie of a new trilogy of Star Wars films. Episode VII will be directed by J.J. Abrams (Star Trek 2009; Alias; Lost; etc.), with a script by Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan (The Empire Strikes Back; Return of the Jedi).

• Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker
    • Carrie Fisher as Leia Organa
    • Harrison Ford as Han Solo
    • Anthony Daniels as C-3PO
    • Kenny Baker as R2-D2
    • Peter Mayhew as Chewbacca
    • Andy Serkis
    • John Boyega as Finn
    • Adam Driver as Kylo Ren
    • Oscar Isaac as Poe Dameron
    • Daisy Ridley as Rey
    • Domhnall Gleeson
    • Max von Sydow
    • Lupita Nyong'o as Maz Kanata
    • Gwendoline Christie as Captain Phasma
    • Pip Andersen
    • Crystal Clarke

Trailers:

Discuss!

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  2. 61 No. B

hey i was just about to make this lol

saw this article earlier with a really nice picture. Shooting starts in a couple weeks

3. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

...I'd edit the OP to include the picture, but I'm afraid of the bulleting formatting going ballistic on me. ._.

So I'll just put it here instead!

[​IMG]

Edit: Here's a breakdown by IGN of who all the cast members are.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  4. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Some assorted news:
    • Today it was announced that Lupita Nyong'o (12 Years A Slave) and Gwendoline Christie (Game of Thrones) have been added to the cast!
    • Principal photography began on May 15 in Abu Dhabi.
    • There's a contest going on to win a visit to the London set for the film and be filmed in a scene for the movie (presumably as an extra); the contest also is to help support UNICEF. More info here.

5. Misty gimme kiss

DO YOU KNOW HOW EXCITED I AM ABOUT LUPITA???????????????? VERY EXCITED

I mean I'm still quite curious as to what roles these female characters will be playing, so I don't want to rejoice just yet because they could very well be insignificant -- but a big name like Lupita must get a big role, I'd think.

6. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Two more cast members announced: Crystal Clarke and Pip Andersen. Neither have any film credits aside from Episode VII, excepting a 2015 film featuring Clarke; Andersen is a somewhat famous freerunner.

Also, production will have some halting in August due to Harrison Ford injuring himself on-set, but the film is still on track for its December 2015 release.

7. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

JJ Abrams is the guy who also directed the two new Star Trek films, right?

8. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Yep. Also the TV shows Lost and Alias, among others.

9. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Big news! Principal photography has finished on the film...which now has its official subtitle!

STAR WARS EPISODE VII: THE FORCE AWAKENS

10. Misty gimme kiss

The release date was also announced as December 18th of 2015. Kinda sad they didn't go with May 4th but that's way too soon if they've only just finished shooting. Hopefully we'll get some more details on the film now.

11. 61 No. B

I kinda doubt it. I think they're going to keep things close to the chest until it gets really close to release date, or at least that's what I hope they do. With a franchise like Star Wars, especially having not had a film installment in a decade and was expected to never get another, I expect they'll be highly selective with what details are released and put out as little as they can. They don't need to attract audiences, it's Star Wars, and this is a film that I don't want to feel like I've already scene going into the theater (like some other films these past years) and I would think they feel same.

12. Misty gimme kiss

That is true but things like the basic premise, when the movie is set (though we have an idea of that with the original cast being confirmed), and so on I'd at least expect. Basic things that you can glean from a trailer or something.

13. Ty Traverse Town Homebody

Nah, I think a trailer comes out before year's end. I remember reading on Twitter last week that John Williams is going to be scoring the trailer in mid-November.

I also found it interesting that the official Twitter page for Star Wars excluded "Episode VII" in the title when announcing it. JJ Abrams has made it clear he's wanted to do more of a throwback to the original trilogy with The Force Awakens, with the practical effects and all. That said, it makes sense for him to leave VII out since the original trilogy films weren't numbered at first. However, it breaks a trend and makes it seem like it's a standalone film, or reboot, at first glance.

14. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

15. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

And now the Star Wars Twitter has confirmed that we don't have to go to a specific theater to see the trailer--it will be up on iTunes tomorrow![DOUBLEPOST=1417190502][/DOUBLEPOST]THE TRAILER IS HERE

I LIKE WHERE THIS IS GOING VERY MUCH

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  16. Hayabusa Venomous

I just really hope there's a good explanation for that Lightsaber longsword emitting seemingly unnecessary energy.

And of course the writing and acting and direction better all be good. Star Trek Into Darkness was...well, pretty bad to be honest.

17. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

It looks like it was supposed to be a sort of lightsaber crossguard, you know, to keep someone from being able to swing down and lop your hand off. AWAKENED SITH AIN'T HAVING NONE OF YOUR OBLIGATORY STAR WARS DISMEMBERMENT.

Lawrence Kasdan is co-writing the script, and he's the one who was responsible for The Empire Strikes Back, so I have hope for it.

18. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

Very excited for this. John and Daisy look like they'll make very interesting leads. Also, the new storm trooper helmets look slick as hell. Whatever planet that sith was on looked pretty cool in that shot too. Also ALL THE ****ING SHIPS OH MY GOD THEY ALL LOOK SO NICE THIS IS GONNA BE GOOD.

19. Patman Bof

I like that last shot : interesting camera angles and no lens flare.

20. Patman Bof