Square Enix E3 line-up gets all the awards (or something like that!)

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Chevalier, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Chevalier Crystal Princess

Hey guys, Square Enix NA site has posted an article in which it shows how well their presentations fared and how they were nominated for various things. KH3D is listed.

Other games were listed, such as Toomb Raider and Hitman. As well as the tech demo Agni's philosophy. It seems Square made a good presentation.

Are you happy with this outcome? Do you believe Square is doing really well overall? Or do you see something wrong? Share your thoughts here!

Major props to Axel91 for the news.

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Chevalier, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      I'm glad that KH3D won something (though I'm curious what those three other awards are). And your welcome on getting the news as usual :)
    2. libregkd
    3. Chevalier
      Chevalier
      This was my concern too. The only really impressive and innovative thing was Agni's Philosophy (barring 3D and Theartrythm for a sec), but then you consider that it may be years before we get to see that in action and it suddenly gets debunked to Versus status, indefinitely in development hell.

Their presentation, coupled with the fact that they've announced that they'll outsource certain things, makes me wonder about their future. But to be fair, the Agni's presentation was amazing and it had some western people involved. So maybe if Square can make use of Eidos and Tri-Ace properly, we might get something that blows the RPG world in the future/ hopeful.
    4. libregkd
    5. Chevalier
      Chevalier
      Oh no. I didn't mean Agni's per se. But rather the use of the engine and seeing future games with it. It may take years, like versus. Which is pretty hopeful in a sense, but sad since we won't see it in action until possibly a new console (Versus being a semi-exception I hope)

Thist is true. It's possible we may see new at least 3-4 Final Fantasy games per console generation if they're smart. That doesn't sound too shabby.
    6. libregkd
    7. Noise
      Noise
      hopefully these games turn out as good as they look...Square has had a rough few years <.<;

But I wish they would seriously just say something about Versus XIII
    8. The Fuk?
      The Fuk?
      I thought the Final Fantasy tech demo was very impressive, but I was more interested in the non Square Enix developed side of Square Enix's showcasing. I have been disappointed by Square Enix's games recently and I don't play portable games, so those aren't relevant when it comes to my opinion of the quality of their games. Make another Dragon Quest that isn't a DS game or an MMO, or make another Kingdom Hearts game for console and I'll start buying their games again.
    9. Noise
      Noise
      BUT FIRST!

They need to finish the games they promised (cough cough VersusXIII)

But yes. Put KH back on a console and for the love of god! stop making MMOs

But I am glad they are moving away from JRPGs. This will make them much more successful in the western markerts