Dream Drop Distance [SPOILERS]Xehanort.

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Drop., Jul 30, 2012.

1. CrownMoksha Decimo

He should be, but Mickey and Yen Sid are still looking for him.

2. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Well then that'll probably be part of KHIII: Find Terra.

3. CrownMoksha Decimo

That and Get Aqua out of the realm if darkness and find Ven's body.

4. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Nomura better see this thread.

5. CrownMoksha Decimo

Yeah, it'll hopefully speed up production of the two games that come before KHIII

6. Drop. Merlin's Housekeeper

It's my opinion, but I can't picture Terra helping the Lights. I only see him like Ventus; a vegetable.

He's a member of the Organization. Xehanort has enough physical, mental and psychological power against Terra.

No, I do think they'll return, but after the battle, seeing as how they've acquired their own persona and Sora understands they deserve to live.

Terra has too much darkness on his heart to be a Light. Before, during and after Xehanort took his body, a lot of darkness was inside him.

Right.

He's more than found; in the Organization. Xehanort hinted towards him being in it.

I'm sure Nomura will event something along the lines of a secret keyhole that'll grant access to the Dark Realm, they go there, rescue Aqua, she uses her powers to decipher Castle Oblivion (but that's assuming he's there, seeing as how hints have been shown that he has a stable heart and could have tried to escape and is trapped in there, relieving his darkest memories).

7. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Xehanort.

He's a being of immense power.

The time travelling bits are like, eh, can't be bothered to think about the details, since time travel can always be subverted by someone's logic, so ignoring that...

Xehanort is an immense threat, effectively there are 12 versions of him (13 eventually) and as we have seen and felt in gameplay, all of them are destructive and incredibly powerful. I can see a number of them being revealed and fought in the next game, I can only imagine what his other incarnations are.

I do find it weird that all this ancient mistake mumbo jumbo means he is at the centre of the true darkness itself when he combines him and his copies together, but I suppose it may be revealed more exactly how he got this far in terms of a mad master plan like this.

He's a frightening enemy now knowing his plan.

8. Drop. Merlin's Housekeeper

Actually, in KH3D, he's named the most powerful of the Keyblade Masters.

It has always happened since the dawn of its introduction to video game plots. '_'

They could just be former characters with confronted with altered looks (yellow eyes, pointy ears and tanned skin). The only reason Xehanort corrupts them is to make them Keyblade wielders of the dark, he has no control over the appearance changing effects.

I wouldn't go as far as calling them copies, seeing as how they all have their own persona (even though they share Xehanort's mind). Other than that, they're just corrupted.

What do you mean? There are two ways to recreate the Xblade:

+ Clash a heart of pure darkness and one of pure light;
    + Clash seven Keyblade wielders of light and thirteen of the dark.

Xehanort went by the first route and failed, now he's using a plan b.

9. Hiro ✩ Guardian

From what I understand, Kairi will be a Light and Lea will definitely take Terra's place. Reasons:

Kairi: Yen Sid asked for Kairi to be his "guest" since she can wield a Keyblade. I see some training in there.

Lea: He has a Keyblade now, so he'll probably be trained a bit.

Next game:

Kingdom Hearts: The Training of Lea who now has a Keyblade and of the Princess that Sora Loves.

10. Drop. Merlin's Housekeeper

Knowing Yen Sid, I presume he'll ask Mickey to teach her along the way, experiencing things first hand. Unless, of course, he plans to use the Realm of Dreams as a means of training grounds (she could also learn some team work from the little Spirits).

Mmhmm, he'll replace Terra, seeing as how Xehanort hinted he's in the Organization.

No. Next game will be KH3, seeing as how that, in the ending, it's displayed as KINGDOM HEARTS 3. Both Lea's and Kairi's training might be referenced and touched through Memoirs, that is, if they return.

11. Noise For Love and Justice

I would just like to say that I am super glad that this game's story tied multiple games stories together.

After the first KH they did pretty much nothing in regards to the 7 princesses of light (cept for the small mention in BBS). So I was glad that that plot point was back.

Also I liked how they explained why the Organization has 13 members. I thought that was going to be a part of Days's story but maybe that was just my imagination.

I liked how Coded actually had some mention in this story (cause I thought that game was pointless) but I hope it is expanded more in the next game.

I also liked how we finally had Xehanort in the present and we saw what hes trying to do.

But yes....the time travel confused me but I think I got it.

Basically...this game was fantastic in terms of forward momentum.

12. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Very much. I agree. I hope the next couple of games give ust this much momentum, all leading up to the final battle.

13. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

I basically mean how effectively the plot of the first two games feel rather irrelevant after 3D, seeing as how apparently Xehanort's master plan was not for his Heartless or the original Organisation to succeed in opening Kingdom Hearts in artificial ways, but in the end just get the Seven Lights and Thirteen Darknesses together to get the X-blade and Kingdom Hearts naturally.

I mean, how the hell did he come up with this master plan? It just seems a little all over the place slightly. But like I said, maybe the next game will explain how he gets towards making this plan.

14. Alan Smithee Destiny Islands Resident

I find it difficult to believe that Xehanort was ever able to subdue Terra to that degree, seeing as how Eraqus also joined his Heart with Terra in order to counter Xehanort's.

If anything, I feel that Xehanort was likely hinting at BBS-Terranort time-traveled from the past, when his control over Terra was obviously at its peak.

15. Noise For Love and Justice

Could you please give some sort of proof about this? cause I don't remember hearing about this

And that is what Coded and Days (and even Birth by Sleep) was lacking...yes they told stories that filled in holes but it really didn't do anything to push the story forward...at all.

Coded had that chance but it really didn't do anything at all. At the end of the day the only real thing that pushed the overall plot of the series forward was the secret ending but barley.

Days had the chance to maybe hint at Xemnas' understanding of the true goal, in regards to Roxas and Xion, but it didn't. It was just a sad story of why Roxas was the way he was. I hope Xion is brought back because she was an interesting character that wasn't really developed.

The problem with having a multi-game series is that the overall plot can get deluded with the more games that come out. But I feel that the KH team lost sight of the goal when the made Coded and Days. But with DDD I feel that its back on track and you can now almost over look the irrelevance of those games.

This is probably of the best games they have made so far.