Dream Drop Distance [SPOILERS]Xehanort.

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Drop., Jul 30, 2012.

1. Drop. Merlin's Housekeeper

Honestly, the series has taken a turn to the more complex side;

As of KINGDOM HEARTS, Ansem Seeker of Darkness was an all powerful Heartless yearning for Kingdom Hearts, the omnipotent force that would grant him the powers to rule all worlds and plunge them into darkness.

As of KINGDOM HEARTS II, it's revealed that Ansem SoD was an imposter and that he was the true Ansem's apprentice, Xehanort. This individual had no recollection of his past before his master found him on his world and that his Nobody, Xemnas, was the leader of Organization XIII, an all powerful entity yearning for Kingdom Hearts, the omnipotent force that would grant him the powers to mold the Realm of Light to his ideals.

As of KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep, Xehanort's past is revealed; he's not a person, but Master Xehanort striving for control in Terra's body, wanting to wield the Xblade to summon Kingdom Hearts, the omnipotent force that would grant him the powres to fulfill his ideal of creating an equilibrium between light and dark.

As of KINGDOM HEARTS 3D Dream. Drop. Distance., I don't know what's up with Xehanort. After the time-traveling was introduced, everything seems as if Young Xehanort was corrupted by his older self and became who he is today; a man bent on doing anything, anything, to accomplish his goal, even if it takes killing your best friend.

So what are your thoughts on the series' complexity? Has it been furthered?

2. Darkandroid Gets it Together

God knows where it'll go, the story of Xehanort is just getting more and more pointlessly complex.

As for Young Xehanort, it was mentioned that when time travelling you can't change the events of the past. So technically the older Xehanort can't corrupt his younger self as that will change his past/future (which is technically a plothole as going in the past is technically changing the past anyway). He went back in time so that all the forms of Xehanort can make it to the same point in time and make the true Organisation XIII. (but isn't that in itself changing the past, by him pushing his past selves into meeting at the end of KH:DDD, god this time travelling thing was confusing)

3. Drop. Merlin's Housekeeper

Mmhmm. '_'

Xehanort:

+ Ansem Seeker of Darkness manipulates Maleficent into accumulating the heart of all worlds to summon the Door to Darkness and get Kingdom Hearts so he can return all worlds to darkness.

+ It's revealed Ansem SoD was an imposter, he was actually the real Ansem's apprentice's Heartless and his Nobody, Xemnas, is the head of Organization XIII creating a Kingdom Hearts from people's hearts so he can use that tremendous force to create a world to his ideals.

+ Xehanort's past is revealed; he's an amnesiac Master Xehanort and Terra fighting for control of the heart.

Everything established here was something interesting; an individual with no memory of his heart plunges his curiosity into researching the heart, trying to find out who he is. In doing so, he succumbed to darkness and created both a Heartless and a Nobody to carry on his research. It's then revealed that he's actually an all powerful Keyblade Master trying to get ahold of Kingdom Hearts so he can balance light and darkness once and for all, fighting over control of a younger body belonging to Terra.

Now this is where things get convulsed:

+ The Organization was supposed to be a group of Xehanorts that would fight seven keyblade wielders of light to unite the twenty pieces that formed the Xblade.

+ Ansem trime travels to gather all Xehanorts more easily.

+ Time travels complicates a lot of stuff.

The problem with Organization twist is that no one was expecting something as extreme as this, mixed with the timetraveling mumbo jumbo.

Seriously, the Second Keyblade War is inevitable, as much as Yen Sid wants to avoid it. The Seven Lights and the Thirteen Darkness will share an area and fight it all out, reforging the Xblade, Xehanort takes it, summons KH, becomes all powerful, Sora links his heart to Xehanort's and an all out internal battle ensures.

4. Darkandroid Gets it Together

I meant that, knowing Nomura he will throw another curveball to the story that is Xehanort.

I agree that his story is interesting, especially Master Xehanort. But you have to admit, it doesn't need to be as complex as it is. I get his background. But there are many people that are still confused by it, and each game keeps on adding to that complexity. So those people are getting more and more confused.

5. Drop. Merlin's Housekeeper

What else can he do? Make a son appear out of nowhere? Summon his Nobody? There's another Xehanort made from the timetravel ****? I can't picture Nomura making it more complex than it is (then again, no one expected the time manipulation thing)... Scratch that, Xemnas will use his plot-device space powers to go to another dimension and find the rest of the Xehanorts. '_'

Mmhmm.

Sora and Xehanort are like two drops of water, only with different contents. Sora links his heart to help people, while Xehanort links his to damage them. It's like they're opposite.

Everything was crystal clear:

+ Ansem Seeker of Darkness wanted power to plunge everything into darkness.
    + Ansem SoD is actually Ansem the Wise's apprentice's Heartless.
    + Xemnas is Xehanort's Nobody, yearning power to create a world according to his ideals.
    + Xehanort has a more mysterious past.
    + Xehanort is actually Master Xehanort fighting Terra over control of the latter's body to wield the Xblade and balance light and dark.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    + Ansem goes back to the past, talks with Young Xehanort and they both get the other Xehanorts to speed up the Xehanortganization.

If Nomura hadn't specified anything about time travel, there wouldn't be any issues. What he established himself is damaging his idea (unless, of course, he has something up his sleeve in KH3).

+ Amnesiac researcher.
    + Becomes a Heartless and Nobody.
    + It's revealed he's a hybrid between an old man and a young adult.
    + Supposedly during the intro of KH3D, he remembered from the beginning who he was.

At least if you start by KH2, you can understand what happened in past titles. But BbS henceforth, you're pretty much stuck.

6. Hiro ✩ Guardian

If he becomes who he is because of his older self, that makes it a stable time loop.

A break in that loop would erase all the events thus far, meaning that:

Xehanort never killed Eraqus, causing Terra to not get trapped as a suit of armor, nor Aqua getting stuck in the dark realm.

Vanitas would not have been created, because Xehanort created him due to Ventus not using the darkness.

The events of KH could have happened, but a lot differently, meaning Sora wouldn't have the keyblade since he got it through Ven fusing hearts with Sora, since that's a result of Ven and Vanitas's fight.

Riku wouldn't have succumed to the Darkness, he would have met Ven, Terra, and Aqua, but Maleficent would have been the big baddie in KH because No Evil Xehanort=No Ansem SoD.

CoM would be unlikely, since Ansem SoD never existed.

358 wouldn't have happened, unless Riku had created his own Nobody the way that Sora made Roxas, which is unlikely.

KH2 wouldn't have been the same, because No Ansem SoD=No Xemnas.

and I haven't played 3D.

7. Drop. Merlin's Housekeeper

Yes, but what of Yen Sid establishing that Xehanort became mad after wanting knowledge towards the heart's origin? It's different from Young Xehanort being corrupted by Master Xehanort from the future. =/

8. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Future Xehanort told him things, and that inspired young Xehanort to learn about the heart.

9. Darkandroid Gets it Together

You discover Xehanort is Kingdom Hearts, Ha ha!

I must say I love the word Xehanortganization. May have to use it for now on.

10. Drop. Merlin's Housekeeper

What about him naturally wanting to know about the heart? Seriously, first it was Apprentice Xehanort wanting to know about the heart because of his amnesia, then it's revealed he actually remembered who he is. NOW, Young Xehanort wants to know things about the heart because his older self told him on a reunion in the future?! What the eff, Nomura?! Xehanort doesn't need to get more complex, please. :v

Nah, that's too simple; Xemnas manipulates space, goes into an alternate dimension and brings more Xehanorts than you can count Lindsay Lohan's cases. '_' Or even better; Braig makes an Emblem Xehanorts machine (much like the Emblem Heartless) and divides Xehanorts between Pureblood and Emblem. '_'

11. Amber PLUR

I watched all the DDD cutscenes on Youtube, but I'm still finding the whole concept difficult to grasp. So let me try to sort this out.

- Xehanort needs bodies to take over in order to time travel to get more bodies
    - He needs 13 bodies of pure darkness aka 13 Xehanorts
    - When 13 bodies of darkness and 7 bodies of light collide, it'll recreate the keyblade wars... or something like that...
    - Organization 13 was supposed to be possessed by Xehanort, but he only succeeded with a couple.

Xehanort's New 13
    - BBS Xehanort
    - Ansem SoD
    - Ansem SoD Heartless
    - Xemnas
    - Xigbar
    - Saix
    - Terra
    - The Ansem at Destiny Island in KH1
    - Young Xehanort
    - Ven
    - Sora
    - 2 others? Somebody help me here.

- I'm confused as to whether the 7 hearts of light is a reference to the princesses of heart or the 7 keyblade weilders they're assembling.

7 Keyblade Heroes
    - Sora
    - Riku
    - Mickey
    - Axel
    - Kairi
    - Aqua
    - Ven

I probably have a lot wrong here. Like I said, I only watched the Japanese cutscenes with subs a few months ago, so my memory's fuzzy. I'm watching an English walkthrough now, and will edit this post if I get better info.

12. Drop. Merlin's Housekeeper

To be more specific; he needs thirteen Keblade Wielders of Darkness.

He'll recreate both the war and the weapon (Xblade).

Correct.

Right.
    No, no, it's actually one. xD

Mmhmm.

Probably Vanitas and other former members of the group.

The Seven Lights refers to Seven Keyblade Wielders of Light.

Pretty much this.

In summation;
    Thirteen Keyblade wielders of the dark (Xehanorts), will clash with seven wielders of light, recreating the Keyblade War, and at the same time, the Xblade, which Xehanort will use to summon Kingdom Hearts, gets his omnipotent powers and fulfill his wish; an everlasting equilibrium between light and darkness.

13. Amber PLUR

Okay, after watching the secret ending again, I'm confused. Yen Sid said that the x-blade divided into 7 lights and 13 darknesses, and that the 7 lights were supposed to protect the 7 princesses of heart. Okay. That makes sense. But then how is Kairi in both groups?

14. CrownMoksha Decimo

The 7 light and 13 darkness has really confused me. Mainly with the amount of keyblade wielders, whats been said in the game, and all the people connected to Sora. As for the 13 Darkness I'm justlooking forwards to seeing and fighting all of them without their hoods up.

15. Drop. Merlin's Housekeeper

Because she can wield a Keyblade? He's gonna train her so she becomes the seventh Light, it's not like Yen Sid is going to do any battling and Terra won't be returning to his senses until Xehanort is finally out, so that leaves her with the spot.

The Seven Lights:
    + Sora
    + Master Riku
    + Master Mickey
    + Kairi
    + Master Aqua
    + Ventus
    + Lea

The Thirteen Darkness:
    + Master Xehanort
    + Ansem Seeker of Darkness
    + Xemnas
    + Braig
    + Isa
    + Terra
    + Five more fellows (although it's theorized Vanitas might be in it).

Sora can connect his heart to others, that's all.

Just because Xehanort corrupts them doesn't mean they'll immediately look like them. :v It's been eleven years since BbS, Braig and Isa still haven't changed appearance nor acquired the ability to wield a Keyblade.

16. CrownMoksha Decimo

The thing about that is that Mickey says that the six of the seven wielder were Sora, Riku, Himself, his three lost friends ( Terra, Ventus and Aqua) and the last one's Kairi. I think Lea going to be an ally of then seven light since he still has a promise to keep. Assuming Roxas makes an appearance in KH3.

17. Amber PLUR

I believe Lea was meant to take Terra's place, since Terra was taken by Xehanort.

18. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Seems legit.

I could see Lea take the place of Terra.

Or, what If Roxas and Xion are a part of this? They're a part of Sora, and with Lea they form another Trio.

19. CrownMoksha Decimo

While that would make perfect sense, Xehanort told Mickey that all seven wielder would appear. Though I have no idea how there going to get Terra back with everything that's happened to his heart and body, but I'm just going off Mickey's and Xehanort conversation.

20. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Isn't Terra back since him and Xehanort's Heartless and Nobody got destroyed? That'd explain why Lea's back.