Dream Drop Distance Spoilers leaked?! Hoo boy... (Spoilers obviously)

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Mama-mia, Mar 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mama-mia Merlin's Housekeeper

Just, well, look at the attached picture. It also contains a little NSFW language, so yeah.

Not sure if this counts as a news thread, since it may or may not be true. Sorry if I'm wrong.

I realize the pic's from 4chan, but that doesn't question its validity. After all, several details about several upcoming games, including GTA V have been leaked there before, and they turned out to be true. That, and the game's only a few days away. And considering how the plot for KH has been going so far, I wouldn't put it past Tetsuya Nomura to pull a Hideo Kojima, if you know what I mean.

Legit? Fake? You decide...

Those trailers with Sora questioning his existence and Nomura's interviews about turning the story upside down with this game? Yyyyyyeah...

Attached Files:

2. NemesisPrime Hollow Bastion Committee

I personally question this.

It doesn't match up with anything. Sora has ALWAYS been Sora. Roxas is the body of Sora after he stabbed himself with the KOPH and He went to sleep for a year to regain his memories. Sora being a replica doesn't make sense, Sure your not confusing this with Xion?

Yeah, I'm not buying what your selling.

3. Misty gimme kiss

I'm not sure I buy it either. I mean, number one, that would probably be the biggest trollface that Nomura has given us in the entirety of the series... which is really saying something. Secondly, it just doesn't seem right that
    throughout Kingdom Hearts II, Sora was a clone, a la Riku Replica. That would mean he had no heart, right? So how could he have absorbed Roxas? Opened the door to light?
    Additionally... Naminé and Riku would have known about this, would they not? Why wouldn't they have said or done anything?
    @Nemesis: Mama-mia isn't saying this, someone posted it on 4chan.

Also, small moderator note to later posters, but please remember to use spoiler tags within the thread. =] If you're unsure how...
    Code:
    [noparse][spoiler]Darth Vader is Luke's father![/spoiler][/noparse]
    or
    Code:
    [noparse][spoiler="Empire Strikes Back"]Darth Vader is Luke's father![/spoiler][/noparse]
    Just replace the Darth Vader is Luke's father! with whatever you want to say.

4. Krowley Moderator

Of all this information I only believe;
    Though it's something to think about, I doubt it would be planned out this way.
    When would he have even been cloned? O.o

5. Kyubi the Keyblade Master Twilight Town Denizen

When you think about it, they never went into too much detail as to what happened
    while he was sleeping inside the pod. Furthermore, Sora went to sleep in Castle Oblivion. He woke up in Twilight Town. How could the pod have been moved there?

6. KH2man13 Gummi Ship Junkie

Ansem the Wise convinced Namine to move to Twilight Town for safety reasons, as revealed in Secret Ansem Report 10.

Also, I wouldn't trust anyone on 4chan as far as I could throw them. If they had a credible source, then maybe.

7. Thunderbandit Merlin's Housekeeper

Not sure about this info but I will at least keep it in mind.
    For those of you asking how Replisora(thats what I think we should call him if he's real) could have absorbed Roxas if he was a replica. Remember Xion tried to absorb Roxas at the end of Days when she was reprogrammed by Xemnas. The problem now is when did this switch happen. Wouldn't it be neat if this switch was done by Marluxia and Larxene and was their plan all along? It would give them a reason to introduce us to their somebodies.

P.S. Also this is my first post. Nice to meet you all!

8. Misty gimme kiss

Okay, so trying to make sense of it all:

1. Organization XIII is planning to make a Sora clone, or at least turn Sora to their side, and thus lures him to Castle Oblivion.
    2. Somewhere along the line, a clone is created, presumably by Vexen. As we saw with Repliku, this doesn't seem to require any kind of contact with the original, explaining why the player is unaware of it.
    3. The original Sora (following what the image says) becomes Roxas. The clone Sora (Replisora, using Thunderbandit's word) is the one we see waking up in Twilight Town in Kingdom Hearts II.
      1. Roxas was created before CoM, and up until Kingdom Hearts II, had no contact with Sora. How, then, would he become the "real" Sora?
      2. Are Naminé, DiZ, and Riku aware they have a clone on their hands? Do they think it's the real deal?
      3. If they know they have Replisora, why are they working so hard to restore him? Wouldn't it just be wiser to destroy him/keep him slumbering?
    4. Kingdom Hearts II happens. You're Replisora the whole time.
    5. Replisora & Roxas (the "real Sora") meet in The World That Never Was. They merge, making Sora whole again.
      1. But then why does the image say the real Sora is/was in Castle Oblivion?
      2. Why is Sora still a clone in Dream Drop Distance if he and Roxas, the real Sora, merge?
    just... aslkdfhjkdsbkfas. It makes sense and it doesn't. Still not fully convinced. Too many holes.
    And welcome, hope you enjoy it here!

9. Thunderbandit Merlin's Housekeeper

If this turns out to be true I figure it went like this:
    1. Sora stabs himself with the keyblade of peoples hearts and creates Roxas.
    2. Sora finds and enters CO and starts to climb up it.
    3. Marluxia has Vexen(or maybe someone else depending on how replicas are made) make a replica of sora, this one would be better than Xion. Namine then puts sora's memories into this new replisora.
    4. At somepoint in CoM Marluxia switches out the real Sora for Replisora.
    5. Replisora goes to sleep and is moved to Twilight Town.
    6. Roxas at the end of his 7 days merges with what he and DiZ thought was the real Sora.
    7. KHII happens.

Basically Marluxia had this Replisora made so that if the real sora was to much trouble he could just replace him with Replisora and take over Org. XIII. I also think that if this was the case perhaps Marluxia's somebody will return along with Larxene's somebody to use this Replisora from some evil plan.

I am not sure what this would mean or where the real sora would be. I really hope this is not the case but if it is it sure is quite the plot twist.

10. Misty gimme kiss

But here's my problem:
    We control Sora for the entirety of Chain of Memories. We would have noticed if this had happened, wouldn't we? Unless Nomura didn't plan this ahead and decided to shoehorn it in... which is a possibility, but still.

There is always the possibility that this was after we lose control of Sora, i.e. when he goes into the pod, but that would mean that either Naminé, Riku, or DiZ is responsible. What motive would they have?

11. Thunderbandit Merlin's Housekeeper

I completely agree, it would defiantly fell shoehorned in now. Besides its not even a necessarily plot twist, I mean there are no weird loose ends that this would explain. I could perhaps see if this was actually Xemnas's plot and one time when namine, DiZ, or Riku are not around he switched sora with replisora. This way Namine would give Replisora sora's memories. But still I defiantly think this is unnecessary if it is true.

12. Misty gimme kiss

That's what it comes down to.
    The question of why. I mean, people seem to generally get the impression that something bad is happening to Sora in Dream Drop Distance, and I'm happy about that. Not in a sadistic way, but it will be nice to see Sora struggle with who he is and his attachment to the light. Character development and all. Throwing in this clone concept just seems like a "we don't want to taint the actual Sora so we'll just make everything happen to his clone." And you're right, at the end of the day, how much does this change? Very little, seeing as the clone has all the, if not more, powers as the "real" Sora.

If it is true, I mean, I'm willing to see how Nomura pulls it off. But there are really no discernible hints towards it in previous games, nor does it, as you said, resolve or answer any questions.

13. Always Dance Chaser

2ch? Sure. 4Chan? ABSOLUTELY NOT. This would have gone to 2ch first, and we saw nothing. 2ch always gets the leaks first. We already know this is crap because of
    This invalidates the entire thing already because Nomura already confirmed that you only fight with Dream Eaters. We can stop this pointlessness now.

14. Mama-mia Merlin's Housekeeper

Actually, I don't know which chan it came from. I just assumed 4chan since it was an imageboard post. But the picture is in Yotsuba B, not the default 4chan colors, which means it may have been from somewhere else.

15. Misty gimme kiss

I wouldn't say that.
    Neku may not join the party formally, but rather act as a support character, as Riku did during the Parasite Cage fight in Kingdom Hearts. Even so, that's a very minor thing and hardly makes the entire post go out the window.

16. Krowley Moderator

While the theory is possible, I think it's unnecessary.

I Re-watched trailers in wonder of seeing any hints toward this possibility and I notice near the very end of the most recent trailer, it shows Sora sitting on one of the High Nobody Chair's as if he's waking up.
    [​IMG]

17. Thunderbandit Merlin's Housekeeper

I just wonder if this is true, what about the real sora? I mean obviously he is that same as in the end of KH but this Replisora has roxas..... man this is just confusing.... could they combine to make a full real sora? Would this combined sora have replisora's memories from KHII? What about his abilities and skill from KHII and DDD? My head hurts....

18. Always Dance Chaser

Yotsuba B is the default for /v/, which is where this was probably posted.

The point is, if this was real, it would have been on 2ch first, and someone would have brought it up. Whatever board this was, it wasn't 2ch.

19. Mama-mia Merlin's Housekeeper

You don't know if it was posted on 2chan first or not. It's entirely possible that it was, and then 4chan got the info as well.

20. Always Dance Chaser

Stuff on 2ch stays alive for days, if it was posted on 2ch the day this was posted here, it would still be alive. Someone would have seen it and we would have seen something about. We haven't. No screenshot, nothing. Furthermore, if somebody actually got a hold of the game and was posting spoilers of it on 2ch, they would have still been posting now and would have been supplying screenshots. That's how these things work, I've seen it tons of times

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.