South Carolina College Bans Homosexuality after Two Volleyball Players Come Out

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Amaury, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

I am just absolutely disgusted by this. Everyone who was part of the decision should be fired immediately and thrown in prison for life!

I am repulsed that we still live in a world where we're afraid of homosexuals, bisexuals, etc. and anyone who's not heterosexual we insult and sometimes lead them to commit suicide.

This is just... completely unforgivable!

2. Patman Bof

While I don' t expect humans to shed their intrinsic fear of the unknown anytime soon I think this kind of news is part of a larger trend. There' s this double standard going on in the US, the strange idea that portraying a belief as religiously held somehow makes it all chpechal. What is even more perplexing to the Frenchman that I am is that a lot of Americans label themselves as agnostics, yet often fail to recognize that double standard when they see it.

Remember that thread Boy Wonder made some time ago now ? Back when he was trying to call his school board on its infringement on secularism ? It took pages and pages for some people to start taking a hint that Boy Wonder wasn' t a bitchy atheist trying to steal the Chritian' s lolipops from their poor crying mouths, but actually just protecting both himself and Christians. I' m not sure how representative of the American society that thread was, but considering the stuff that keeps popping up in your news (creationism and gay bashing pushed in schools, measles outbreaks, over half of your Republicans openly wishing for a theocracy ...) I' m inclined to say very.

Somewhere along the line you' ve stopped caring about secularism. We stole that idea from you, you know ? It was a brilliant idea, you should have stuck to it more closely. It' s not a perfect tool by any means (I mean hello, je suis Charlie), but I can' t think of a better one to keep religion in check.