Sorry Tobey Maguire fans

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Fork, Jul 11, 2012.

1. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Oh god. I don't think they'd ever go for that (unless they're batshit insane).
    Oh god... Ant Man? Really?

2. burnitup Still the Best 1973

You know what the best part is? Peter snaped her neck trying to save her.
    [​IMG]
    That woman is his wife, just in case you were wondering.

3. ShibuyaGato Transformation

; ;
    There are no words for how terrible that would be in a movie.

I know it's his wife (you said it in a previous post), but mother of god...

4. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Agreed. It's fun when truths are spoken rather than fanboyisms.

5. burnitup Still the Best 1973

It was one of the most defining moments in comic history and signaled the end of the Silver Age.
    Fun fact! In the original Sam Raimi Spider-man movie, Gwen was suppose to be the love interest and she was suppose to die!

Yeeeeaaaah. Glad he isn't in the Avengers like they planned?

6. Hiro ✩ Guardian

7. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Yeah, defining is right. It just goes to show how fragile people really are, and that even heroes aren't invincible.
    Wow. I wonder who changed his mind.

Sort of...

8. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Oh! But it gets better: The storyline where this happened also included him killing old enemies in cold blood, and releasing murderous robots on New York just so he could look like a hero when he stopped them. Oh and he was on drugs the whole time.

Indeed.
    9/11.

Image Tony's roll call when he was talking with Loki: "a living legend, your brother the demigod, a couple of master assassins, a man with serious anger management issues, and a wife beater."

9. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Oh...

Pfft.

10. Jube Formerly Chuck's

I've said it before but he was a great Spider Man but an ass Peter Parker.
    Didn't really feel like the social outcast that Peter Parker is suppose to be, felt more like a dogged nice guy.

11. C This silence is mine

How can he be likable when he's got the douchiest hair imaginable.

And you guys are all lame, Spiderman 3 will always be my favourite because it was really hilarious. That dancing scene will be forever in my mind.

12. LARiA Twilight Town Denizen

I can agree with that. Maguire's Spiderman was lame, not the wisecracker we know and love. Garfield's Parker was... different. I hear some liked the change in character, thought his take on Parker to be unique, thought the nerdish Parker to be outdated. Overdone. I cannot say, I have not actually seen the trilogy...

Or I have, but it was so long ago I cannot remember much. Younger generation here.

In other words, you liked it for all the wrong reasons. That scene might have been hilarious, but not really Spiderman-esque. I was under the impression that film was not intended to be a comedy.

13. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

I don't know how much I should say since I haven't seen the Amazing Spiderman but I have seen the rest. I know some things about it but I'll say what I will. Personally I liked the first one the best, watching the second and the third one again this weekend I found out they weren't as bad as I thought they were. Though I'm still not a fan of Doc Oc becoming "Good" at the end. I'll say Toby is the better Peter. ​

Here's a little spoiler about something Spiderman.
    Remember at the end of Spiderman 1 where he had to choose whether to save the children or Mary Jane? That happened in the comic only it was Gwen instead of MJ and lets just say he wasn't able to save everyone. I believe that will happen in the movie.

14. C This silence is mine

If it's a good movie, it's a good movie. I saw it as a pretty good comedy, with some decent action and thought it was the best of the trilogy. Some of the best comedies are usually the ones that don't try, like Twilight for example. Spiderman might be one of the better Marvel heroes, but he's still not that exciting to see fight. He's not got that many ways of fighting. So the focus has to go to something else and comedy > drama.

15. LARiA Twilight Town Denizen

So would you say that Twilight is a decent movie, solely because of its potentially unintentional comedic value? You prefer the trilogy for its hilarity, and that's fine, but I hope you acknowledge the subjectivity of that statement. And don't degrade other's opinions, as you did earlier, "You guys are lame."

I inferred from that that you did not acknowledge your bias.

16. C This silence is mine

But clearly they are lame, as their bias over how they want their comic hero to act clouds their ability to understand that a scene is hilarious. Clearly I am the unbiased one here, as I see Spiderman as a pretty cool guy, but not much more than that.

17. LARiA Twilight Town Denizen

OK, whatever. *resignation*

18. C This silence is mine

Heck yeah, time to dance!

[video=youtube;zOtpeYERu9w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOtpeYERu9w[/video]

19. burnitup Still the Best 1973

20. C This silence is mine

I saw that, what about it?