Sorry Tobey Maguire fans

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Fork, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

But Andrew Garfield is the better Spiderman. He's much more likable.

2. The Fuk? Dead

Sorry Amazing Spider Man fans, the original movie was much, much better.

3. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

4. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

Tobey was a great Spiderman but then...

[​IMG]

this happened ugh...just no

5. ShibuyaGato Transformation

6. burnitup Still the Best 1973

[video=youtube;1yy62Vds8-4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yy62Vds8-4[/video]

7. The Fuk? Dead

8. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Sony wanted Venom in it.

9. Sabby Sleepy Panda Assassin

and cuter.

10. ShibuyaGato Transformation

A universal truth that cannot be denied.

11. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Well he looks like he could still be in high school in the movie. Unlike Tobey.

12. Britishism Gummi Ship Junkie

Andrew Garfield is really attractive but I just want to grab him and give him a human being haircut

13. ShibuyaGato Transformation

You know, I actually brought that up in an argument about it the other day. The counter was "Well, he's 30. He doesn't exactly look like a high schooler to me."

Sure they had Tobey in college for two out of three, but one of the big things with Spidey is balancing his personal life (taking care of Aunt May and his crush on MJ/Gwen), High School and his secret. With college, it sort of became easier for him to avoid dealing with his aunt and school, plus they had him reveal his identity to her, so that sort of makes it easier for him. Balancing everything is part of the enjoyment and I felt that this reboot, regardless of whether it was the same old origin story, kept us on our toes for quite a while (especially with Mr Stacy, cop extraordinaire). Even though he told Gwen already, I have a feeling that the next one (that will inevitably be made) might deal with that just a tad bit better than previous entries.

Though nobody can deny that Spider-Man 2 was a great film in its own right.

14. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Just like everyone having a crush on Karen Gillan?

15. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

I do like the original trilogy (especially Spider Man 2) , but it's just way too silly when I watch it today. Amazing Spiderman was darker and grittier (ANGST ANGST ANGST) and at least the characters are smarter in this one >_>

Yeah, the third one sucked xD But I will say one thing about it, the birth of sandman scene is probably one of the most beautiful things ever.
    Seriously
    Watch it again now

[video=youtube;rXOa5bWFRKw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXOa5bWFRKw[/video]

16. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Sandman was a good villain.
    A good, tortured villain, like Doc Ock (terrible circumstances, not a terrible person at heart).
    Sony, why did you have to destroy it with Venom?

WHY?

17. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Yeah, the hair was weird.

Actually I think Andrew Garfield is 28. But yeah, you make a good case, Cat.
    I still think Gwen will die in the next movie. And if not, let's hope if they have a third movie that Peter doesn't have a dance number and pops her in the face afterwards.

Spider-man 2 is personally my favorite Sam Raimi Spider-man movie.

18. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

He is a good villain, but some of the decisions they made in the movie were so bad .-. Like him being Uncle Ben's real killer. THEY DIDN'T NEED TO DO THAT. IT'S NOT EVEN IN THE COMICS.
    Also, the Spider Man "forgiving" him scene. That was stupid too.

19. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Why thank you.
    I honestly hope she doesn't die. They can bring her close to death and show Pete the consequences of being a hero (though I think the end of this film sort of showed that he already understands that), or something along those lines, but just killing her off would be terrible. And yeah, his evil alter ego was always one of the worst parts of that movie.

If you ask most people, they will say the same thing.
    It really is one of the better non-Avengers superhero movies.

Well, that terrible decision was probably related to bringing Venom in (give him a motive to be pissed and go after him and someone said "Ohey, let's have him be 'ol Uncle Ben's murderer").
    I didn't mind it all that much because it was him telling Peter why he did the things he did. If you take out the part about killing Uncle Ben, it might've been a better scene.

20. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I guess it depends on how canon accurate the director wants it to be. If they want it accurate, then Spider-Man is the one who accidently kills her.
    Let's be glad the whole punching Mary Jane thing isn't something that happened in comic (to my knowledge). Peter Parker would forever be known as a wife beater if that happened. Hank Pym (Ant Man) hit his wife one time and no one ever lets that go. No one.