Sora and Ansem weren't the only ones to get updated textures for 1.5 HD ReMix...

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by Meilin Lee, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

While I was playing through the Hollow Bastion portion of 1.5 HD ReMix, one thing I noticed was how Snow White, Cinderella, and Aurora all looked as though they were taken straight out of BBS. Certainly much better than their ugly textures used in the original KH1.

2. EvilMan_89 Code Master

are the model upgrades really noticeable? i heard they used models from later games but unless someone showed me a side by side, i've never noticed any differences.

3. Zeroxys Twilight Town Denizen

they do look better than they did in the original. but everything looks better than the original :P

4. Amaury Legendary Hero

That is not necessarily always the case. Kingdom Hearts is better in areas.

5. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

Exactly. Like most of the Heartless models.... ugh......

But Phantom's new model in Final Mix is the only one that I liked for some reason.

6. 61 No. B

Phantom is one of the few changes that I actively disliked. I was indifferent to most of the changes made to the Heartless, but that looked terrible imo. The black/blue makes much more sense for a "Phantom."

7. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

I can't argue with that. You've got your opinion and I got mine. But I do agree that the color scheme of the original Phantom makes more sense for it.

8. 61 No. B

My problem with it was that the decided to make the sleeves black. If they had made it all white I would have loved it.

9. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

I see your point there. It would be better if Phantom in Final Mix is all white.

10. Zeroxys Twilight Town Denizen

I loved all the new color schemes and models honestly. i thought it was kinda cool and gave that "new game" feeling to it.

11. Jin うごかないで

I feel stupid for not realising this when I originally played KH on the ps2 but Sora's zip goes all the way down his outfit like , I thought it stopped at the trouser/waist section but it goes all the way down , Maybe I was just originally oblivious to detail when I was younger but I noticed that straight away along with the zips on donald's hat.

12. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

IMHO most final mix recolored heartless are horrible. Guard Armor is the worst, heartless should be dark colored because they come from darkness, what's the point in making Guard Armor look like my little pony?

13. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I agree with this, when I saw them I wandered why on earth they looked all sickly green and yellow. I just don't understand the intent on changing that. All it did was give another change to the final mix version but don't see the point and I dislike the new colours.

As for the textures, I do absolutely love them all, very nice to see the game in HD while still retaining the same feel. It's amazing how far graphics have come in 12 years.

14. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

Hey, you're right! He's wearing a jumpsuit! With a short jacket over it. I thought he was wearing shorts or something...

Anyways, I was pretty happy with the redesigns. Since I've played it about 8 times, it keeps the game new-ish. "Ooh, they changed the design for Soldiers, I wonder about the Wizards!"

15. Jin うごかないで

Yep. first thing I noticed was the fact he had a zip OVER HIS GROIN and I was like "DID HE HAVE THAT IN THE ORIGINAL" AND HE DID AND I WAS JUST LIKE "WHEN HOW WHAT WHY SQUARE ENIX " Square enix always go overboard with zips B|

16. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Guard Armor was awful, but I warmed up to most of the normal enemies' palette swaps. They seemed to match their environments a little better. Most noticeable in the Powerwilds of Deep Jungle, where before they were blue for some reason. Some of the changes made them look less like toys, some moreso. Not sure how that happened.

17. A Zebra Chaser

There's definitely a sort of internal logic to the recolours. Soldiers look more like camo, Guard Armour looks more like a toy, and for the most part they blend with their environments more. Some are completely gratuitous, like giving the Stealth Sneak a different pattern
    And I just think Phantom looks way cooler now

18. Glen Returned from the dead

I never noticed that myself. After going back through another run-through, I did in fact notice it though. Thanks for pointing it out, that's actually a really, really nice touch.