Sony Sony stopping gamesharing

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Majik, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Majik Chaser

You can now only share your account with 1 other PS3, instead of 4 like every day till now.
    http://www.ps3hax.net/2011/11/sony-reduces-game-sharing-from-5-to-2-playstation/

FML.

2. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    Oh, hey, Sony stripping down the PS3 and its software, what else is new /sarcasm

3. libregkd -

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Hmm, I guess I shouldn't worry too much about this, since the my Infamous and Assassin's Creed files are on a shared account on my friend's PS3, and since we only use that when I'm there, it's no problem

5. EvilMan_89 Code Master

that sucks for people who are affected. i felt that Sony was being generous with 5 systems to begin with but it sucks now that they are taking it away. i personally am not affected but i can feel for people who are.

6. Majik Chaser

No one is really affected by this. It only counts towards purchases made on Novermber 18th and beyond. If you have a account on your PS3 that has been shared with other people, no one will lose any content. It just sucks that one of my favorite features of PSN is going away. Everyone can agree sharing a account with 5 people who all buy stuff is nice. Especially when you pay $100 and get $500 worth of content back.

7. Chevalier Crystal Princess

On the up-side of things, people shouldn't be -too- affected. Since they can deactivate/active stuff to free up slots. And the process to do that shouldn't be too hard anymore, as Libre mentioned.

3 would have been nice, but the average person would just have one PS3 and one PSP/Vita. Which they could activate and deactivate remotely. So, at least it's not all doom and gloom. Hopefully no one gets screwed over with this decision Sony has made.

8. Majik Chaser

On the flip side to that, freeing slots isn't too helpful. Once a content has been downloaded twice it will require you to repurchase it.

9. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

I dont think anyone is really effected by this unless your rich and have like a PS3 in every room. Im not effected by this because the average person has 1 of each system or shares a account with a friend like what Kisala said.

10. libregkd -

11. Majik Chaser

What I was referring to was the number of times your allowed to download the content. Although you are right. You can deactivate someone using your account, but it will not help you because the content has been downloaded twice (5 times currently) already. This is assuming the person actually game shared with you. Not only does Sony have a limit on how many times you can account share, but they also have a limit on how many times that account can download a purchased content. Although, it can help for future purchases.

This may be abit confusing so let me try to explain what im saying abit better. I assume your trying to describe a way to have each PS3 take turns activating the account to play some content. True, even if each PS3 did have it already downloaded, what you need in order to play the content is a license file. Sony will only give out 5 license files (as of today) per purchases content. If you deactivate a console, all the license files for the content that account owns gets deleted, hence, your unable to use that content. If you already have the content and no license file, to get another license file takes away a download slot still.

12. libregkd -

13. Majik Chaser

I'm sure that's how it works for PS3's. Otherwise I cannot explain a problem I had before. When I went to custom firmware I used something called "QA Flagging" to downgrade my consoles firmware. Unfortunately, when I did that I didn't know it deletes every license file on the PS3. When I returned to official firmware I tried to re-download some of my PS1 classics, but it wouldn't allow me because the content had been downloaded too much. (because of game sharing)

14. libregkd -

15. kingdom_hearts_loverXX Gummi Ship Junkie

Sucks for those who are effected by it, Used to own 2 PSP's other than that I have no problem with this change.