Something you hate about KH?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Tora-chan, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Falco Twilight Town Denizen

I DESPISED fighting Cerberus for the very first time, it took me ages to finally get past that. Not being able to skip some cutscenes sucked, but it made the game feel longer compared to KH2 (since I skipped almost every damn cutscene).

2. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Nomura did with Kingdom Hearts what Tarantino did with Kill Bill: Having delivered a spectacular performance in many specialized facets with the first installment, he decided to jump around a bit and mess with the consumers, who he must've figured he had on a fish hook. The trouble is that where Tarantino got away with it, Nomura pushed me to the limit. The more I play KH2, the harder I find it to play; most of the good stuff is at the end, and it gets harder and harder to make the trek each time. Anything that comes before the big Hollow Bastion visit halfway through, be it the appearance of Mickey or the flaunting of the Disney cast, just doesn't appeal to me and feels like a very hollow attempt to milk the cash cow. The whole thing strikes me as sickeningly X-TREME, like it's trying to be the Devil May Cry of Square Enix. Meanwhile, the first game keeps me interested from start to finish with the childish wonderment of the Kingdom Hearts world interspersed with the genuine horror of the dark unknown; the closest it comes to complexity is its arguably being a reconstruction of the "Boy with Hero Sword" fantasy genre, addressing the flaws with most stories of its type and bringing some new ideas to the table, but still playing the whole thing out on the straight and narrow.

tl;dr ~ KH1 was a solid, straightforward fantasy world with lots of appeal; KH2 was a schizophrenic monster that tried too hard to be hip and grown-up.

3. Emma Wemma Traverse Town Homebody

KH - hated the camera and Sora's clothes
    KH2 - LOVED IT

4. Roxas~N~Namine Traverse Town Homebody

KH1 - The Fawking Camera; No cutscene skip.
    KH2 - Goofy.

5. Soxas Destiny Islands Resident

KH: The cutscenes
    KH2: To easy to finish the game on proud mode

6. Shuhbooty moon child

I disliked how when your about to heal yourself right before your about to die and there's that 3 second lag and then you die. I hate that so much.

7. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ugh I know omg Bump.

But I really don't like how it feels Square Enix does not try on KH like they do with FF.Don't get me wrong KH is just as fantastic as FF. I mean they would not dare use those ironed on faces you see in KH on a FF character.

omg this this this.

As dark as KH2 tried to be. Kingdom Hearts was just more darker. Kingdom Hearts to me felt as if you were stuck between that past and the present, unsure what to do. Something that happens to every child. Friends might become foe, struggling with purity and impurities, listening to your own conscience and listening/trusting to your 'heart'.

8. Cloud.Strife. Traverse Town Homebody

What I hated was the fact the stupid cutscenes kept embarresing me when I had friends over. (They didn't like KH already, so.) And I would be hammering on my controller until the thing ended.

9. Flamedancer Twilight Town Denizen

I'm not a big fan of how one-dimensional Sora is. Granted, he's not a bad character, but there could be more to him. I mean, he's a 14-15 year old boy; I can't speak from experience (since I'm a girl), but I'm pretty sure a lot goes on with those ages. Puberty, for one, which leads to confusion. And adding to the fact that he's fighting pretty much all the darkness in the KH universe, you'd think he'd be a little more complex.

Anyway, that's my two cents. Take it or leave it.

10. My Oh My Merlin's Housekeeper

The fact that I had to kill off all my favorite organization characters. T^T
    Dammit!
    (I did not want to kill Xion!!!!!)

11. Rexyggor_thenewmember Twilight Town Denizen

^^ You make me sad.

I personally hate Xion.

But I was kind of annoyed how the second one didn't really have a string to tie anything together. Like in the first one how most of the villains were conspiring to take over the universe or whatever. They didn't do that in the second one. Why not? Gaston, Hades, Shan yu (probably wrong), Cpt. Barbosa, and Scar could've been added to Maleficent's troop.

And I personally found no use in Aladdin. That world was a waste of space completely. Nothing seemed at all interesting in it. If Jafar had escaped with Pete to continue being part of Maleficent's evil, then that might've been cool.

12. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

Kh1- Wonderland, need i say more?

Kh2- Xiggy, Took me SO LONG to beat him

13. Gallade Roxas Merlin's Housekeeper

Not being able to open treasure chests during battle in this game.

14. Shadox D. Twilight Town Denizen

how incredibly HARD some of the bosses are :/8D:
    (currently stuck on one of the riku levels (lol) on COM :why?: )

15. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

The Lack of a combo in kh1
    TEH WORLD MAP IN KH1 WAS SO TEDIOUS

16. Nova We left a scar size extra-large.

Oh God. There's so much, that I'll just say what made me the most angry. It was too HARD. I suck at games, so I like them to tell me to go from point A to point B. KH didn't do that with very much description of what to do in between. Bl

17. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

The Gale Valleys, before the darkness attacks...
    NOTHING is under the sea!

I was really annoyed about the Alantica level what is the point of it? Why isn't there any heartless there at all? Are we ment to belive that all that singing keeps peoples spirits up so far that not one turns into a heartless, that there is just not right..........anyone with me?

18. IWuvshZexion Merlin's Housekeeper

Definitely with you on this one. It was so damn bothersome having to keep going back to Atlantica as well. You'd play through a stupid song, find out you can't advance, go to a different world, go back, play even more songs...and it just wouldn't end.

19. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

So many people say KH was hard. This confuses me greatly. D:

KH was challenging, but it was balanced. You could always tip the scales one way or another, whether by changing your customization options, getting some new armor, visiting another world to reap the benefits of it, or just leveling a little bit. The only time I legitimately got stuck in the first game was on Ansiku, and even then, once I learned how to beat him I could do it with my eyes closed. And KH2? Psh. Didn't even break a sweat.

I'll tell you what, if I had any one wish for the KH series, it's that they'd make it harder. Then again, the Final Mixes did that, so I guess I should just get those.

20. Stardust Chaser

For the series in general these days, I've actually really come to dislike how the story is panning out. They keep stretching it with different perspectives of the same things/events that happen at the same time, so you know how things are going to end a lot of the time; when we got to KH2 the story was nonexistent barring the beginning and the end of the game (to me it felt like confusing prologue ==> travel to a gazillion worlds and say hi to friends while doing mostly pointless stuff with Sora ==> Stuff all the revelations and whatnot into the very last world, the end). I also sort of dislike how we've got new characters appearing left and right that had no mention whatsoever beforehand. It couldn't be helped for KH to CoM because they had to see if KH was successful before planning a sequel, but everything else feels like it should have been planned better IMO. We've got loads of remakes and spinoffs, with no entry in the main series for a while now.
    I also can't say I like the villains all that much, so many of them are one-dimensional "I'm evil because I'm evil" characters. Not all of them, but a fair number of them. And I don't like Riku and his useless angst through KH2, but that seems to just be me. xD

And uh, the gummi ship sequences were always painful. Always.