Something to celebrate my leaving staff...

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Misty, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Misty gimme kiss

I've been sitting on these for a while now, but I figure now's a good time to share them with everyone. Back in the day, fan sites would use overly Photoshopped banners rather than the simple logos that head off the page. Most of these you guys will recognize, because we used them for a long time, while others are some nice little bonuses I found in the depths of the staff section.

The original phpbb forum banner, from December 2005 to September 2006.
    Sosumi_logo.jpg

Our first vBulletin banner, first went up in September of 2006, not sure when it went down.
    header_logo.jpg

This banner belonged to what was probably the most beloved version of KHV, design-wise. For some reason Deathspank really liked that graffiti font.
    logo.jpg

The infamous Funky logo, which we had for something like two years. One person described it as a children's coloring book. I was always fond of it.
    banner.jpg

This was the first banner or logo I ever did for KHV, circa I think 2009 (the Dark Days skin). I first made it just for laughs then mocked up an entire site design based on it, which poor @Sanya then had to code. I intended to clean it up and make a final version before the skin actually went live but I never did and I felt bad asking RvR to update it (remember when I used to be afraid of you?). There's a few pixels under Axel's chin that shouldn't be there and that I can never unsee. The text is god awful, too. This banner haunts me to this day.
    darkdays.png

I could dig up some more but I feel the rest were in recent enough history that they won't really feel like throwbacks for anyone. Instead, I've got some goodies...

This banner DS posted in the staff section, I think it had a corresponding skin that never went live too. It showcases once again his weird obsession with this font.
    banner2.jpg

Same story as above.
    v3finalbannerrd5.jpg

And finally, my personal favorite...
    I don't recall the dates on this but DS at one point posted in the staff section asking if anyone would like to try to make him a banner because he didn't consider himself very good at Photoshop. Cin was on staff at the time (and this reflects his gfx style at the time) and posted this little number. I think he was serious about it.
    DS never asked for banners again and I like to think this is why.
    Untitled-3copy.png

2. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Ah the memories. Brings me back.

3. C This silence is mine

Cin's banner should have been KHV's banner for every theme. The Funky banner is still my favourite though, so good.

4. The Fuk? Dead

Funky was a great theme. I miss the white background with blue text and teal premiums.

5. Mish smiley day!

Thank god those two DS banners never saw the light of day.

6. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

And for the second time in a week you have reduced me to a puddle of nostalgia and tears.

I don't know if I should stand in awe or fear.