Something I really wish would just HAPPEN in KH3

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by TLL13, Mar 22, 2014.

1. TLL13 Moogle Assistant

Okay, so...
    [​IMG]< cutscenes
    [​IMG] < end of game
    [​IMG] < trailers and whatnot
    In Kingdom Hearts 3...i doubt this will happen, but I wish that all the in-game cutscenes would look as good as the trailers. I know the graphics in KH3 are going to be exceptionally better, but I don't think they'll be THAT good. Maybe the end of/beginning of game cutscenes will improve, but I don't think that the in-game ones will as much. i really wish they would, but I realize that would take a lot more time. Who else really wishes they'd be that good?

2. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Well, to answer your question, who wouldn't want FF grade graphics throughout the entire game? That would be pretty spectacular. It would require a lot of time though and a lot of resources to give every single cutscene that level of graphics. While it might sound good in theory, practice would lead to a large hole in their pockets. I think we're all happy with the way things are. Seeing as the graphics are going to be better anyway, this is just a far off dream.

It would be cool though.

-Snow Queen

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  3. A Zebra Chaser

You want cutscenes that look as good as uprezzed PS2 graphics? Becuase that'sall the Days one is
    Anyways, it's insanely expensive to have cgi quality cutscenes. It's expensive when a movie does it, but that's only an hour or two, Square Enix games tend to be more in the seven hour range, and what's more Kingdom Hearts doesn't sell anywhere near as well as a comparative movie.
    The CGI in KH3 is going to look worlds better than the stuff in KH2 though, Square Enix have always been masters of that

4. Fearless A good and beautiful child

Well, considering KH3 will be on the PS4, I'm pretty sure the graphics (even the in game ones) will have a massive jump from what they were on the PS2.

Personally, I'm hoping for the end of Default Face.

5. A Zebra Chaser

The thing is, default face is a cost cutting measure. Animating lip sync is a lot more work than using preset animations. Like FF13 has default face for a lot of the more minor cutscenes, and the sequels have TONNES of it
    (though default face gets prettier as time goes on :P)

6. Misty gimme kiss

I'd expect it to be on-par, visually, with FFXIII and FFXV. Of course, the Kingdom Hearts series has a very different style from these two games, so there will be some variation, but both are gorgeous games. There is still a noticeable difference between the FMVs and the real-time cutscenes in FFXIII (dunno about FFXV yet obviously), but it's not too big. Considering KH3 will be on the PS4, I'd expect it to be even more negligible.

7. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

Not even PS2 graphics. Days was originally played on the DS, so I'm impressed they even got it looking as good as they did in the cutscene-movie.

And honestly, I've been waiting ages for this game. I don't particularly care what it looks like as long as I get to play it. Well, I care a bit. I've always hated the goldfish-mouth thing that goes on in KHI. It bothers me.

8. A Zebra Chaser

I... what?
    No, those are PS2 models. Days used prerendered cutscenes that used the PS2 models

9. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

Which explains why the cutscenes looked like Avatar (the blue one, not the arrow one) compared to the text scenes.

10. Hayabusa Venomous

Don't expect that. As has been pointed out, to create those graphics in a pre-rendered scene already takes a lot of time and effort (which costs money from the animators doing this stuff.) Expecting those same graphics being rendered in real-time? Yeah no. While the PS4 and Xbox One both can render some damn good graphics, they're still not as extensive in detail as the current high-end PC's, which are only limited in their power by the latest released components and the games that utilize the best graphical settings, and thus would be the only platform to realistically be able to run such high-end graphics as are seen in Kingdom Hearts' pre-rendered cutscenes at a decent frame-rate.

The graphics I've seen so far in just the two released trailers are already quite impressive, and I don't doubt they'll be even better with the eventual gameplay footage, so I'm alright with how Kingdom Hearts III is looking to be in the graphics department.

I think she (?) means that the DS had to tone down those PS2 model-using cutscenes to fit on the DS cartridge. I kinda see it with the coloration and slight pixelation, where you wouldn't with the original PS2 games.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  11. A Zebra Chaser

They COULD achieve something more akin to the CGI, Final Fantasy XV is proof of that, but honestly... the CGI Disney characters just look weird

12. Fearless A good and beautiful child

More weird than Donald Duck hanging out with Jack Sparrow?

13. A Zebra Chaser

yes

14. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Yeah, but then SE would go out of business because they could never profit from hiring enough animators and paying them weekly to animate such a game while paying enough programmers to make sure that the shiz can run at a decent speed from just $60 a sale. thatscrapatlas itskh itllsell Tomb Raider