So

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Chad Thundercucc, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Chad Thundercucc The dharma of valvu; the dream of a clatoris

I'm not really sure where to start, but I'm kind of in a bad place right now.

To summarize, my dad kicked me out of the house after thanksgiving break for something really trivial (I was going to make a thread here, but I didn't want it to seem like I was fishing for sympathy) and now refuses to pay for my tuition for the same reason while I'm a semester away from graduating college. With my mother being deceased since I was eleven, and no real family to turn to, I don't have anyone else to really depend on. I could go on about the abuse I had to deal with growing up and the depression that's been creeping over me these last few months, but this isn't supposed to be a sob story (if you want to know the details, you can pm me).

But, since this is one of the only online communities that I feel very comfortable with, I thought I'd share this with you guys. I'm essentially homeless (I have to move out of my on-campus apartment soon since I can't pay tuition) and am filling out job applications frantically, like a madman, to try and get some money to survive. No luck yet, but I'm still hopeful. In the meantime, I'm making music in the hopes that it can support me, even if just a little bit. Please, let me know what you think, tell your friends if you can, and support it on bandcamp if you like it. The official album should be out 1/24/17, the same day as KH2.8.

But yeah, if you have two sane parents, please do me a favor and go hug them for me lol.

2. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Oh dude... I'm so sorry this happened to you. *hugs* I'll pray for you and I hope you find a place to stay.

3. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

That's horrible, man, I'm sorry to hear it. The track is pretty nice, though. It's a little repetitive, but the beat is cool and really like the sounds you chose. The anime sample in the middle was appreciated. I'd be interested in hearing a full album.

4. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

I really like that you're tackling this head on by making music. That drive is gonna get you through this.

I'll try my best to spread the link around. (can't listen until later)

It might be in your interest to give out your music to a couple twitch streamers who get like 30-40 regular viewers (if you follow any). Streamers are ALWAYS looking for things to play during their breaks so it won't hurt to try and pitch it to streamers you know. If you don't know any, I suggest going in chat and asking them personal questions, right? Then respond with like "that's cool, I make music for a living" and if they respond positively, suggest handing them a link or two. Miiight even be worth messaging a bunch of lower tier YouTubers and suggesting a track or two as background music for them. YouTubers are always trying to dodge copyright strikes so that might be to your benefit if you can make a background tune or two. Like, I just went on Twitter and searched "copyright strike" and found a bunch of people complaining about audio related strikes

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  5. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Put in some money, and I'll spread the link around where I can. Keep fightin' boi.