So...Korra

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Fork, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

Those episodes were really ****ing emotionally draining

It was such a bittersweet ending too :c Korra losing her connection to the past avatars, Bolin/Eska not being a thing ;~; ugh
    I gotta say though, those were some pretty ****ing epic fights.
    Korra with hair down is best korra.

I don't know how to feel about Deus Ex Jinora though. That was my only problem with the finale, that it wasn't explained what she did/how she did it

Edit: Also, can I just say that Bolin was the goddamn /man/ in Episode 11? Kicking those water benders' butts like it was nothing. AND HIM RIPPING HIS SLEEVES OFF. I was like *~swoon~*. This is the Bolin I love.

2. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Twisting like a flame in a slow dance, baby.
    Spoiler tag shows up in the preview dingus.

3. Yozora Archer

Korra dies .

4. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

fix'd .

5. Fearless A good and beautiful child

not opening the spoiler tags for obvious reasons, since I havn't seen the final two episodes yet but

Anyone have a link to the episodes that aren't Nick.com?
    nick.com is worse than youtube i swear to god

6. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

pssst
    check your inbox

7. Plums Wakanda Forever

When Korra went Avatar Titan, all I could think of was:

I've seen a few people come up with she just showed Korra where Raava was inside Vaatu. Korra couldn't originally find her when she pierced Unalaq, but then Jinora was able to help her find that "light in the dark," effectively living up to and fulfilling her role as "the guide" (all these episode titles coming back into play hot damn).

At first though I was afraid she was gonna pull a Yue, but MAH GIRL AIN'T DOWN WITH NO SACRIFICIAL SHIT.

8. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

Yeah, I did read about that. Apparently those butterflies we saw hovering over Jinora were 'light spirits' or something and that helped her. Jinora's pretty BA.
    Man though what a finale. Really wondering where they're gonna go now. Essentially, the whole "the connections with the past have been cut" thing is a way for the show to also cut its ties with ATLA, and become more its own thing. Balsy move.
    ALSO
    Poor Asami. Always getting shafted.
    A 5 second scene with Mako going back to her with a smile on his face would have helped

9. A Zebra Chaser

Korra's decision at the end is REALLY stupid

10. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I'm watching it right now, and it's going to get awkward between these guys really quick right about now

11. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

Uhm what? No it isn't. It's the smartest thing she's done all show.

12. A Zebra Chaser

face stealers. free access to things that can do stuff like destroy the moon. the spirits are ridiculously dangerous for so many reasons

13. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Fork, can you hold a seminar on how to properly use spoiler tags?

Because well done. I went into a thread with massive spoilers and nothing was ruined.

14. Plums Wakanda Forever

Well, Koh doesn't really actively go out to steal faces; the only time we've been made aware of him going out of his way to was to punish Kuruk for slacking off back in the flashback talks Aang had with him. The Moon/Ocean spirits should also be pretty safe since they're in the Northern Tribe and none of them have ever really messed with them.

If anything, I also think it'll be helped by the amount of people who do celebrate the spirits and have spiritual connections nowadays. As we saw during Wan's time, none of the humans were really united nor knew to respect the spirits. With 10,000 years of the Avatar mediating issues between both planes, I think there's a much more substantial number of people across all the nations who have at least a begrudging respect for them. Not to mention that the already very spirtual people (Tenzin, Jinora, the Air Acolytes, Fire Sages, old people in general, etc.) will be around to ease the coming together of both spirits and humans, along with Korra herself (which again, Jinora is there to help).

Also, it might just be the more lesser spirits that start to inhabit the human realm again. None of the uncorrupted ones we've seen in the material world were Koh or Wan Shi Tong level dangerous, and tbh I doubt either of them would exit the the Spirit World and leave their current stations. It's not like Korra is forcing everyone into one world; spirits and humans are free to traverse both, and if they opt to decide in their respective realms, they're free to do so.

15. A Zebra Chaser

Eh, I can almost guarantee that season 3 is going to deal at least somewhat with
    Korra solving disputes between humans and spirits. I could very easily see there being a plot or subplot about some businessman or something trying to abuse the pwoer of the spirits or something
    Can I ask why you went into a topic about Korra right after the finale if you're trying to avoid spoilers?

16. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

To see how controlled it was.

17. A Zebra Chaser

18. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

I just want to add that Koh isn't really an evil spirit. He's a bit chaotic in a way, but like Plums mentioned he punished Kuruk for slacking off as the Avatar (Which I kinda get why he was a bit laid back. His era was apparently extremely peaceful). Also, Koh did help Aang out by telling him where the Moon/Ocean spirits were. He's the kind of spirit that knows that the Avatar's job is important, but he was also testing Aang to see if he's truly cut for the job.
    Wan Shi Tong is just an idiot lol.
    Well I have a strong dislike for spoilers so it'd be prettty hypocritical of me to ruin things for other people, so that's why I'm careful.

19. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Holy **** ...

That moment when you thought you've seen the latest episode of Korra, so you go ahead and click on the spoiler ... and it turns out ... you haven't seen the latest episode of Korra ... I hate the ****ing site I use. They don't update fast enough.

Thankfully OP was not that descriptive and only briefly mentioned what I assumed to be a part of the final episode. I hate spoilers when they spoil stuff for me. You think they'd give them like a warning label or something to stop that. <--Joke

20. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

Ending was shit, show is shit. I've reserved judgment for two whole seasons before saying that. A much more generous offer than I give to most shows, but hey, I liked the original, so sue me.

Now, I know basically everyone here is gonna be like, "BUT GQ! WHY DO YOU HATE FUN SO MUCH?" Honestly, I just finished watching and I can confidently say I spent most of my time talking about how much of a dumb bitch, failure, piece of worthless garbage MC-chan was. In another way, I did not have fun. Every opportunity she had to do anything right she completely squandered. Close the gate on time? Whoops. Put the nigga in the tree? Whoops. Not get your ass beat down by someone with 1/4 the power you have? Whoops. Not get your ass beat down by the same guy after you basically hack the game? Whoops. And how does she get the credit for winning in spite of all these times she got beat down and saved by other people? "I'm de avatar and jew gotta dill wiff it." Yep. Even in the end when she supposedly found herself for who she was and shit, which by the way is like her fifth spiritual revelation that did nothing at all for her character development already, she still did not change her, "lemme hit it till it breaks", attitude and she still did not actually divorce herself from her presumed self at all. In fact, she just said. "lemme try doing the opposite rather than copying because that works right?" Yeah, dumb as a sack of bricks and just as charming.

Now, if you enjoy MC-chan getting everything handed to her because she can't walk on her own and you enjoy a completely stagnant character, that's fine. It's just not my cup of tea. It's my opinion and you don't actually have to deal with it at all.