So...is Kingdom Hearts a world?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Crypt, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Crypt Traverse Town Homebody

The heart-shaped moon...is it a world we can unlock in KH3? It's an unseen land, so I'm assuming.

2. Truly Mad Moves Destiny Islands Resident

Is it a world? So they say. Is it a world that we'll get to unlock? Couldn't tell you. No one knows... but it's possible. As Aqua, we were able to do a great deal of exploring of the Realm of Darkness, so perhaps Kingdom Hearts is a similar location. But what would be there? No matter what it was, many fans are sure to be disillusioned... perhaps it's better left in all of our imaginations. But after all the times the heart-shaped moon has been conjured and then the evil plan foiled... there's merit in both tradition and in breaking tradition, and a grand finale like Kingdom Hearts III definitely needs to up the stakes, so maybe, yes. Really, there's nothing we can do but guess at this point.

3. Daenerys Targaryen ok

That's a really interesting concept, and it would really answer a lot about the series itself. If fans don't look at it as a disappointment, (along with the high expectations for the game itself) I think it would be pretty cool, actually.

4. Plums Wakanda Forever

KH3D implied that the real 100% legit Kingdom Hearts (the place) is something different from what we've seen thus far. The heart shaped moon & the Kingdom Hearts at the end of KH1 were stated in game to be artificial constructs made from the hearts of people & the worlds consumed by darkness, respectively. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we do end up going to the true Kingdom Hearts in the endgame; it'd be pretty interesting and a hell of a way to wrap up the Xehanort saga, imo.

5. Antidote Façade

I've actually never thought of this. Cool idea.

Maybe some other big bad is lurking there, and they will be the new villain once the Xehanort saga is over with after III.

6. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

I always pictured Kingdom Hearts as more of an entity than a place, honestly. Although i suppose it could be a world unlocked in KH3. Would make for a nice final world, like TWTNW or End of the World.

7. A Zebra Chaser

They've established there are many different types of Kingdom Hearts. Which is handy because that means they can keep the title after the Xehanort Saga ends

8. Dredica SNES was the best.

I feel like Kingdom Hearts III's finale would be great though if we went into the untouched and non-artificial Kingdom Hearts, rather than the man-made ones we've experienced so far. It'd be nice to even get a little taste of it and then revisit it in the next like defining game, like Kingdom Hearts VI (trilogy then trilogy)

9. Eric Luna Destiny Islands Resident

Why shouldn't it be a world? Sora would visit it and understand how it keeps the hearts, understand why everyone wants it, and probably release the darkness within him.

10. Labrys King's Apprentice

Kingdom Hearts being a world is a good way to put it, but I'd imagine it would be a world with three or more worlds combined together. Or in other words, a universe.