so I just watched a nightmare on elm street

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by gintasthebest, Sep 26, 2014.

1. gintasthebest Traverse Town Homebody

Omfg I'm so not sleeping tonight... I wanted a scary movie and I got it.gotta say it was nice though that it was actually scary. Between Friday the 13th, the exorcist, and the shining, finally I got through the entire movie. Texas chainsaw massacre didn't hold my interest either. Anyone know of any other movies that are actually scary? Annabelle is supposed to be coming out next month so I'm gonna go with a friend to see that if it turns out to be scary. I need scary movies to find and watch that aren't boring scary. Come on kh-vids internet people. One of you has gotta know some scary movies I can watch keeping in mind that the exorcist and the shining are supposed to be scary but they bored me! :rolleyes:

2. Hayabusa Venomous

Nightmare on Elm Street isn't really scary. If anything I find it kind of funny now.

The Shining, John Carpenter's The Thing, Alien, [REC], and Jacob's Ladder are some of my favorite horror films.

3. gintasthebest Traverse Town Homebody

Wow its like you're my total opposite. The shining is the first on your list while I would've turned it off after the first 15min if my mom would've let me. But nooo she isnsited that if I watched more, stuff would happen. I think cuz nothing really happens until after half way through the movie I wasnt even really watching it. If I ever think a nightmare on elm street is funny, teach me how to deal with that

So far I have:

Orphan
    The mist
    A nightmare on elm street
    Goosebumps the haunting hour
    It (clowns are scary as it but when one hangs in the sewer and wants you to have a balloon filled with blood, that's going too far clowns!)
    The sixth sense

Any other scary movie I've seen wasn't that scary

4. Laurence_Fox Chaser

Well if you've already seen Freddy, you might as well watch Halloween and Friday the 13th. They were kind of made about the same time as Nightmare on Elm Street. I don't really watch most modern horror movies since they just tend to be straight up gore fests which are 'meh'. I'd rather be scared than disgusted.

5. Hayabusa Venomous

The Shining isn't about trying to jump at you and go "BOO." It's about something far deeper, instilling a sense of dread in you, using a mundane environment like a hotel and managing to turn it into a nightmare. There is a lot of symbolism and other forms of subtext in that film that many viewers miss on their first few views, but once you find what's going on, it makes the film all the more disturbing.

Orphan was pretty forgettable to me.
    The Mist is pretty decent actually. I especially like the sense of otherworldly creatures invading our suburbs. And the ending is great.
    It is just stupid, I'm sorry. I used to be scared of it as a child, but growing up, it's just plain ridiculous.
    Don't think I've watched Goosebumps: The Haunting Horror.
    The Sixth Sense isn't really a horror film...I mean, it's good, but it's not exactly in the same field if you ask me.

For context, here's a short list of what I've watched:

• The Thing (1982)
    • The Shining
    • The Silence of the Lambs
    • The Fly
    • The Mist
    • Session 9
    • Grave Encounters (1-2)
    • V/H/S (1-2)
    • Paranormal Activity (1-4, The Marked Ones)
    • Insidious
    • Sinister
    • The Omen
    • Poltergeist
    • Alien
    • Predator (1, 2, Predators)
    • Alien Vs. Predator (1-Requiem)
    • Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)
    • Jacob's Ladder
    • Jaws
    • The Others
    • Nightmare on Elm Street
    • [REC]
    • The Sixth Sense
    • Silent Hill (1-Revelations)
    • The Descent
    • The Conjuring

6. Patman Bof

If you' re looking for the same brand of goofy horror as the Freddys you should give the Hellraiser series a try. Or, you know, the other Freddys. There' s like seven or eight of them.

7. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Freddy is hilarious. Dude tells jokes and kills people with irony.

Someone mentioned It too... Tim Curry swinging from a chandelier SPOOOOOKY. Seriously, it's dumb.

8. jafar custom title

may i suggest scary movie 4

9. gintasthebest Traverse Town Homebody

Jaws I liked. I think silence of the lambs is around on one of the kovie shelves somewhere. Maybe tomorrow night I'll watch it. I'll have to keep an eytre out for the others

There's a scary movie 4? Where was I for this????[DOUBLEPOST=1411775675][/DOUBLEPOST]And kakurenbo: hide and seek. Still kinda freaky and disturbing. My art teacher in 5th grade would less us watch it sometimes. Up until about 2 years ago when I found it on youtube I couldn't stop thinking about it. I think its more disturbing than anything. Anytime I tell people about it though they're like what the heck is kakurenbo? Hide and seek got a lot creepier

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  10. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

If you really want scary movies I would suggest Asian Horror because I can not stand any of that oh god

But then again my wimp level is like maxed out.

11. Hayabusa Venomous

Hey Dinny let's watch Dark Water :>

12. Laurence_Fox Chaser

I'll say this, the Asian countries really know how to do horror. Even their myths and folklore are terrifying.

13. Hayabusa Venomous

I agree. It's not surprise to me that Japanese horror games dominate the horror genre of video games in terms of quality.

14. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

I don't even want to know what that is.... ; A ;
    Dark waters - like the actual dark water - are like one of my numero uno fears //sobs//

This is so true. I can not deal //sobs harder//