So I have a confession...

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by DigitalAtlas, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

Perhaps. If he elaborates on his reasoning.

2. Mysty Unknown

He must elaborate on this. Tamers actually gives emotional attachments to the characters. You really find this out at the end. (Not spoiling). The story is also really well done. They separate into 3 different segments. The beginning really does a good job of introducing all of the characters and once you get to part two, a lot of drama occurs and to be honest it can drag on a bit. But it does pick right back up. You also get to experience something near the end of the second section that is completely different from any other series. I won't say what but it is a major plot twist.

3. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

So what ISSSSS the magic of Digimon? Minus nostalgia.

4. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Amg this^^^^^^

I hated the way he spoke sooo much. Your completely right it makes no sense. I was like wtf where they thinking by doing that? It only made the writers look stupid <_<

5. C This silence is mine

The first season is the only one worth your time. It has good characters, it's fun and the plot is somewhat decent. The kids are also stuck in the Digimon world, so that makes it far better than the later seasons where they can just leave as they please. It's also got that one episode, which I won't spoil.

Data Squad is also watchable, though nothing amazing. Every other season is mediocre.

6. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

Really, there are only two seasons where they can 'leave as they please'. 02 and Data Squad.
    Tamers starts out in the real world, but in the second half they leave for the Digital World and don't come back until the final stretch. Frontier pretty much follows the same path as Adventure in regards to the two worlds, and Xros Wars, as far as I can tell so far, also follows suit.

And I agree that Data Squad is decent, though most certainly not the best received among fans.

7. C This silence is mine

Tamers started out so slow that they might as well have just turned the whole thing into a slice-of-life anime. I don't really think that one counts either. Admitedly, I actually skipped Frontier, because 02 and Tamers just completely burned me out on the series. So that one I was wrong on.

That's because it was pretty different from the rest of the seasons, but it was refreshing and pretty fun. At least as far as post-adventure goes.

8. Hiro ✩ Guardian

I don't remember anything about Digimon except Agumon, Greymon, Metal Greymon, Patamon, Angelomon, and the kids who tamed them. I also have a tiny memory of a purple bird, and a girl wearing a dress and a stetson riding on a boxing cactus.

OMG, this show sounds awesome after 10 years!

9. Hayabusa Venomous

First season will always be the best. Tai, Matt, Izzy, Mimi, Sora, TK, Joe, and Kari UP IN HERE.
    02 had some cool moments, but I didn't care as much. Tamers started off SO SLOW but I loved the midway on (Beelzemon FTW). Never got to watch much of Frontier. Didn't watch Digital Data Squad.

Also, if you're going to watch the movie...watch the original Japanese versions. SO MUCH BETTER. None of the horrible forced humor, no scenes cut out (They cut out Greymon stabbing Parrotmon in the face...WRYYYYYYY), no super confusing plot holes (...well maybe there are some but they're not as noticeable as OH HEY LET'S REVERSE AGE BECAUSE WTF NOT), et cetera.

Though as a 90's kid, I miss the music added in the American dub massacred version just a tad.

10. phoenixkh93 Gummi Ship Junkie

Wasn't the English dub of the film actually the first Three Japanese films condensed into one? Not that I didn't enjoy the film, but when you keep that in mind it makes it a lot less disjointed and random feeling.

Did anyone else play that PS1 game Digimon world? That was such a fantastic game :)

11. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Started re watching Digimin, and let me say:

OMG, what was I thinking having given up on this!? Mimi, Matt, Tai, TK, Sora, and, Izzy are so amazing! Mimi's adorable, Matt's Mr. Cool, Tai is a bit like me irl, Sora's OK for a girl, and TK is so funny! Haven't seen the other seasons, but I vaguely remember Adventure 02. I also saw the openings. Seasons 1-4 look epic, and season 5 looks like "BLEGH!". Anyways, I can't wait to finish. I'm impressed at how much better this is than Pokémon.

12. Hayabusa Venomous

You seem to have forgotten Joe like I did

13. Hiro ✩ Guardian

I don't really like him. He complains way too much, then he tells my dear Mimi that you don't see him complaining.

Uncouth little noob...