Kingdom Hearts So Donald vs Goofy in KHFM Gameplay Wise.

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by ReverofEnola, Dec 25, 2013.

?

The Better Party Member

1. Donald

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. Goofy

18 vote(s)
    90.0%
  1. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

Which character do you prefer more in Kingdom Hearts Final Mix just gameplay wise? Who comes through for you more when you are taking on loads of enemies and tackling difficult bosses?
    Donald with his occasionally Curaga and Aeroga, his advanced magic spells, high MP, and MP boosting abilities.
    Or Goofy with his shield techniques, high strength and defense, MP Gift/Evolution, and high item stock?
    [​IMG]

2. Arch Mana Knight

Goofy. He doesn't afraid of anything.

But seriously, MP Gift is infinitely more useful than Donald's spells in late game. Donald's pretty useful when he casts Aero or Cure but outside of that, Sora's outdamaging both of them by so much that you don't really need anything more than a steady supply of MP.

3. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

Exactly!! All you have to do is remove Goofy's MP techniques such as Charge or Rocket and just give have MP Gift or Evolution equipped and Goofy is ten times more of the "white mage" than Donald would be. Plus, with his high HP and defense he definitely outshines Donald when it comes to who lives longer in battle. Thus, giving him more time to replenish your health and MP :)

4. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

Goofy FTW. Like what Aiden said, MP Gift is very useful later in the game. And I can store a lot of potions and ethers on Goofy.

5. Zeroxys Twilight Town Denizen

MP gift + MP rage on goofy is essential to kurt zisa & phantom fight.
    When i faced these bosses thats all goofy had equipped, MP rage + MP gift = infinte mp for Sora :P

6. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

I actually found donald to be the more useful one. With the accessories i gave him, his MP was immense. He was able to do a fair amount of damage with his magic and keep himself and goofy alive at the same time.

7. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

True, Donald can have immense MP. His spell-casting is top notch, and he occasionally casts Curaga or Aeroga on me. He can also earn tech points for me when he using the correct element on my opponents. However, the main problem with Donald is...

I can't control any of his spell-casting :(
    Sure I can tell him how often to use spells but that doesn't stop him from casting Stopga while I'm in a tournament time trial. It also doesn't stop him from healing Goofy instead of me, or using so much of his MP that Goofy uses MP Gift on him. What I'm trying to say is Donald's high MP was worthless to me if I couldn't control it or use it to my benefit. While with Goofy, I make him have two choices (Evolution or MP Gift) when it comes to how he uses his MP. I can't tell Donald what spells to use and what spells not to use :(

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  8. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

From my experience I gotta vote Goofy. For the first boss fight in Traverse down Donald went down in 2 hits, while Goofy stayed up and fought with me. He stays up longer then Donald, and for some reason I find if I'm running out of HP he'll heal me faster then Donald, even though they're on the same Config settings. Either way, I find that neither of them are very smart when it comes to battle (I.E Running right into attacks and getting stuck in corners) But if I had to only have one it's Goofy for sure.

9. Amaury Legendary Hero

Once you learn Cure, though, which Donald also automatically learns at the same time, he's a lot better at staying alive. Once he learns Second Wind and Second Chance, he's pretty hard to be knocked out.

In Kingdom Hearts II, it's even better, since he starts out with Donald Cure right off the bat, and adding to the fact that Kingdom Hearts II is easier than Kingdom Hearts as well.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  10. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

I hope that's the case XDD Because it's really hard to only fight with one of them, and then they're both down and your like #KeepCalmAndDodgeRollAway Until they come back. :P

11. Antidote Façade

I'd say Goofy. Donald is pretty useless in my eyes. Even when I change his strategy he just ends up getting in the way more often than not. I always switch him out for other world-exclusive party members whenever possible. :X

I actually wish the KH series would let you just remove party members rather than switch them out for someone else.

12. 61 No. B

I mean, it's the same as on KH which has been out for more than a decade now and my opinion still stands. Donald. Having Cure on a party member is invaluable when you can set that party members preferred actions to be support Sora. This means you almost never have to use Cure on yourself in low-level fights. This with MP Gift practically eliminates the need to heal yourself or use items for less-demanding fights.

13. Jin うごかないで

The problem is, on my playthrough of KHFM in the KH 1.5 REmix version is that donald seems to cure you just after you cure yourself, though it might just be me but he seems to do that with every boss, if I got low on health with early EXP grinding he'd cure me most of the time

14. Amaury Legendary Hero

It's because when you're on low HP, he will always heal you.

If everyone's on low HP, he'll heal Sora first, then himself and then whoever the third party member is.

15. 61 No. B

That's just your bad luck. Did you customize the character to do what you want? And this happens to me sometimes in kh and khfm and has nothing to do with which game its in.

16. Jin うごかないで

I guess because in the original ones I used to play it on beginner or normal, Critical I used to go to low health a lot and yeah, I did customize both goofy and donald , donald would only use healing spells occassionally which should be when I'm low on health but I guess i always used to get worried that he wouldn't heal me in time. It never happens in KH2 though. KH2 i only get healed if I equip them with potions

17. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Since the MP Gift nerf I find them about equally useful for most situations, but whenever more advanced tactics are required, I inevitably fall back on Goofy. He's still too valuable to leave behind. Plus Donald's heals usually come too late, especially on Proud where if you're being hit then you need to stop getting hit, not heal it off.

18. Amaury Legendary Hero

What's this nerf you're talking about?

19. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

In KH vanilla, MP Gift cost Goofy one MP and gave his target three. Now it costs him two. It really does make a difference, since he can't spam it nonstop, even once he gets MP Rage.

20. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

But Donald is still too unpredictable when it comes to his spell casting :(.