Kingdom Hearts Sniper Wilds

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by Charmander's Key, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Charmander's Key Merlin's Housekeeper

I need help getting Power Stones from the Sniper Wilds in Traverse Town. I tried air assassination and magic spam but they just won't freaking drop the stone. I always get seen or die before I manage to get some. If it helps, I am at level 28 and I chose Rod drop Sword while playing on Proud. Any good strategies? And no I can't wait until later in the game because it makes me feel weak and I think that if something is available, it should already possible to do. Thanks in advance! ^-^

2. Mixt The dude that does the thing

It seems like you know, but to be explicit anyway; once they see you they can no longer drop anything. At that point there is no reason to stick around. Although there is a small window (when their eyes are going bright and stuff) that you can sneak in one more kill if you're lucky.

As for actually fighting them early like this, I'm only aware of one stable method. The range on your fire spell is longer than their field of view. So find the farthest point that you can lock on and open fire. Cheap, but it gets the job done. I highly recommend you come back with some form of stop to do your actual farming for power stones though. Once you have stop it is a matter of getting close without being spotted, but once it lands the kill is yours.

3. Charmander's Key Merlin's Housekeeper

Thanks for the help! I kept trying the whole day until I got some Power Stones. I died though because I was greedy and tried to get some more T-T
    Lesson Learned: Don't be greedy, it saves lives. Anyway I speedran to Monstro real quick to get Dumbo. Will this be a the best method or is there a better one considering I'm level 33 now.

4. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Really the 3 tactics are kill them fast (which is really just a post game strategy), kill them from far away, or use stop. And Stop is by far the most popular method. From there it is just a matter of specifics. If you use stop but have trouble killing all of them in time then do you cast stop again, attack with magic, run back out of sight (assuming they didn't see you on the way in)?

5. Charmander's Key Merlin's Housekeeper

Thanks for the reply! I really destroyed the first batch with stop so I don't need anymore replies. Thanks again!