Support Skype IM History

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Amaury, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

It seems you can only go back as far as three months, whereas before you could back to your very first IM with someone, unless I'm missing something. Is there still a way to see your entire IM history with someone or not?

Skype.png

2. Karuta Reborn

As long as you haven't cleared it, i'm pretty sure you can use programs like this to view your logs. There's other software out there, this is just one that I have personally used.

3. Misty gimme kiss

Skyperious is excellent. In my experience, years worth of Skype logs of group chats and such were seriously slowing down the program each time I logged in. I backed everything up to my preferred format with Skyperious, saved a backup of the database, then started a fresh one. I tried a few different one and preferred Skyperious. Fair warning though that the export all option takes forever and eventually just froze on my laptop (in fairness I had a lot of **** in there), so I just exported each conversation individually (the ones I cared about).

4. Amaury Legendary Hero

Could you clarify what you mean here? Is this something on the computer side or Skype side? Like, since my old computer basically no longer works and I'm now using Skype on my new computer, is that going to be a problem? (Same thing with my laptop, though I've had Skype on it longer.)

I wonder if that's why they changed it however long ago it was.

5. Karuta Reborn

There's a way in Skype settings to clear your logs. It just deletes the .db file.

The programs mentioned in this thread should do the trick.

6. axel. Merlin's Housekeeper

Microsoft lets you see your Skype conversations in the cloud from 30 days back if you start fresh. As long as you have the database file it goes as far back as you have had that. Personally I like to backup the whole folder every few months since it starts slowing down after a while and I just start fresh with those 30 days :D.