Duet Roulette: Sis Puella Magica! [Duet Roulette]

Discussion in 'KHV Chorus' started by Jayn, May 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayn

Sis Puella Magica
    Deadline: Before May 23rd.

Notes;

I feel like I'm going to have a hard time finding people who can sing in this language (it doesn't exist), haha. I'm already having a hard time finding people who don't have 'another language' in their can't dos. ;A; I'll make a reference ... Mostly because the 'original' provided, isn't actually the original. It's a cover, and they're pronouncing the lyrics ... Japanese-ly. (Even though I'm not going to have that amazing fake latin-ish accent, either, you'll be able to follow along better with me.)

We will probably not voice act, unless you guys want to. If you want to, I'll script some corny Meduka translation of the Japanese. It's not hassle to me, just let me know. If the majority want to voice act, we'll do it. (The original most likely took clips from the actual anime though it doesn't sound like the VAs, so we can do that, too.)

Now the way this works is that I'll have this thread closed until the singers are revealed and reply to my invitation. No one claim lines except for the ones who receive the invitation. This song was chosen randomly, as will the four singers be. You'll not know who you're singing with until I get a reply from everyone.

The deadline is shorter than a week and always will be unless the song is really long or in another language. There are only four people singing as opposed to 13+ so we really don't need more than a couple of days. That being said, there is no drop-out grace period. If you reply to my invitation and say that you can do it, I'll be expecting your lines unless there is a emergency.

If you KNOW you're going to be too busy to record in the next couple of days, then please reply to the invitation letting me know you'll be busy and can't participate. If I don't get a response from you in 24 hours or less from the time I send you the invitation, I'll be generating a new number to take your place.

Keep in mind that there is a difference between busy and not knowing the song well/not liking the song. If you're going to be fickle depending on the song choice then this project may not be for you. The potential challenge/unfamiliarity is part of the event/game. Try to stick with it. I will always try my absolute best to be respectful towards you and the things you absolutely cannot do. I will re-draw if your name comes up and you've stated you're uncomfortable with the type of song.

I also promise on everything I love that I will not be tampering with any of the randomization of it all. I will hit generate, and that is that UNLESS two of the same numbers come up or the song that's chosen doesn't have a find-able instrumental.

To pick your 'parts', all you have to do is post when the thread is opened (I'll let you know) and chose the shape you want.

The Song?

[video=youtube;ExE-PThLqNI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExE-PThLqNI[/video]

[video=youtube;0LL4xYkC0YU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LL4xYkC0YU[/video]

Lyrics/Parts:

Black Lines = EVERYONE records that part.

♦ = Fearless

♥ = Dinny Grayson

★ = Jayn

✿ = Shadow_Rocks

When all of the shapes are black, I've received all confirmations.
    This color means that that part sings harmonies.

[♦♥] samia dostia
    ari aditida
    tori adito madora

[♦] estia morita
    nari amitia
    sori arito asora

[♥] estia morita
    nari amitia
    sori arito asora

[♦] semari aisi isola matola

[♥]soribia doche irora amita

[♥♦] samaria dose ifia mio lora fia sia adora

[★
    ] samia dostia
    ari aditida
    tori adito madora

[✿] estia morita
    nari amitia
    sori arito asora

[★] semari aisi isola matola
    [✿] soribia doche irora amita
    [★✿] samaria dose ifia mio lora fia sia adora

[
    ] samia dostia
    ari aditida
    tori adito madora

[
    ] estia morita
    nari amitia
    sori arito asora

[
    ] samia dostia
    ari aditida
    tori adito madora

[
    ]estia morita
    nari amitia
    sori arito asora

{Humming/Aah-ing here}

semari aisi isola matola
    soribia doche irora amita
    samaria dose ifia mio lora fia sia adora

semari aisi isola matola
    soribia doche irora amita
    samaria dose ifia mio lora fia sia adora

Lines In

Jayn
    Fearless
    Shadow_Rocks
    Dinny

2. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

may I have the heart? c:

3. Shadow_Rocks Gummi Ship Junkie

May I have the flower

4. Jayn

Updated. Thank you all. Four others I've contacted have declined or been busy and then my number came up so, lolol angst. If you can get through it without the guide, go ahead and record. If you'd like to wait for my reference, you can do so. I'll sing it tonight.

For the parts where we all sing, you can sing the melody and the harmony, if you'd like (two separate files.)

Is everyone comfortable voice acting? If so, I have an ideaaaa. ~ If not, it's okay! Just say so. xD

Here's a more recent tutorial on how to record and send stuff to me.

If I don't have a render from you, I need that. Details here. Full body ones mean a lot to me. *u*​

[​IMG]

5. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

I think I'll be waiting for the reference hehe. In how many hours would be 'tonight' for you? xD
    I'm just wondering because I'm not so sure if I'll be able to record tomorrow...

I don't mind giving a shot at voice acting 8D
    Could be fun eheheheh.

Lastly, I'm finding quite difficulty with the harmonies. I just... don't quite get it. lol. I'm so sorry ; ;
    I apologize for all of this xD
    I'm just so nervous and I'm singing with you guys? Oh my..

6. Shadow_Rocks Gummi Ship Junkie

I'm okay with voice acting
    yep

7. Jayn

I'm working on it right now. How much longer are you willing to stay up? ;A; I don't want to ... make you super sleepy, haha.

As for the harmonies, the guide will include that, too. So you can hear it alone, without the music or the main melody, so it will probably make more sense? :D

No worries! It's my job to make things clear for you guys. As clear as possible, haha.

@Thread; Well there are five magical girls, and it's fine if you haven't seen Madoka.

There's Madoka, Mami, Sayaka, Kyoko and Homura. (Mainly Homura, Sayaka, Kyoko and Madoka because...WELL YEAH, EPISODE THREE.) I'd like to be either Mami or Homura because of my voice type, but if someone really wants to be either of them and I take one, you can have them. I'll make whatever work, yo!

...You guys can just snag someone. WHO DO YOU WANT TO BE? If you haven't seen the anime, it's okay, none of the dialogue will have spoilers or something. Just pick someone. I'll have to script that...I think that in the original one up top, only Homura and Madoka are present. I have a list of quote (English) from the anime, so that'll work. You can wait to see the script, too, if you want. It'll probably just be an important line for each (four) character, so a line per person. ...Maybe. Either that or various lines per person, all put together in an EPIC LINE SHOWCASE SOMETHING. ...We'll probably do the one line thing because it'll work better.

It'll make sense however it's done, trust me, lawl.

Cast-list

Kyoko
    Shadow_Rocks

Homura

Jayn

Mami
    Dinny Grayson

Madoka
    Fearless

[​IMG]

8. Shadow_Rocks Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG] HAHA

I want
    Kyoko
    yes
    /has watched Madoka Mahou Shoujo

9. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

Okay! Thank you so much Jayn ; u ; <333
    Don't rush, it's like 2 in the afternoon where I am at ahahaha. So you can take your time c:

Oh and i haven't watched the anime (but I have been told to) so i'd like to take Mami - which I have also been told to pick xD
    <3

10. Jayn

All done with the references! They aren't the best (and I flubbed on some of the pronunciations in the harmony guides).

Main Reference; This reference is me singing the song in a lower octave, you don't have to sing it in this octave, if you can sing the original one, do so, I just didn't feel like straining my vocal cords for a reference, lol. Anyway, if you follow along with the lyrics, you should be able to ... yeah. Follow along with the pronunciations.

Harmony_01; These are the two scripted harmonies.

Harmony_02; This is a harmony reference that doesn't follow the script, in case you want to do unscripted harmonies elsewhere. Remember, pronunciation is more lax here. The melody is the important thing.

All versions have the music behind it. If you'd like just the raw vocals, then ask and you shall recieve.

Important parts...

1:49 - 2:11 = Room for Adlids. Oohs and ahhs, much like the ones found later in the reference...

2:46 - 3:07 = Actual plzdothese adlibs.

3:07 - 4:06 = Our spoken lines + break.
    Lines...

As for the script, I'm not making references for that, it doesn't matter. Just try to actually ... act. Don't just say the line, xD. I understand not all of us are actors, but yeah. I'm in the process of finding powerful quote from the series. The quote under the character you pick is your line. I'm still updating this post, so. If it says derp, I haven't found one yet, hang tight!

If there's a quote you want to say specifically, that you can find, feel free to let me know and I'll replace it. *u*

Kyoko

Homura

Mami

or

Madoka

Sayaka

[​IMG]

11. greater_bloo Gummi Ship Junkie

This is one complicated Duet Roulette! O_O
    But yeah the more complicated it is, usually the better the final results are! Looking forward to seeing it, and do your best! :D

12. kingdomheartsgeek Traverse Town Homebody

Nice song i say. Since all the slots are full and i dont have a mic i just let me surprise

13. Mysty Unknown

I really wish I could be a part of this song. Such a fantastic song.

14. Fearless A good and beautiful child

15. Jayn

Mmkay. Updated the OP.

I started the video last night, too. 2 minutes in. c':

Edit: Fearless and I are mixed. ​

[​IMG]

16. Shadow_Rocks Gummi Ship Junkie

Do you not want the instrumental in our recording
    :B
    cause it is in mine so yeah

17. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

I was trying to sing it last night and Moshi and Myst even helped me because I just felt like I wasn't doing good at all ; ; Then I got really upset with myself and stuff so I wasn't able to record but don't worry, I'm sending my lines in maybe in the next 2 hours. I'm just going to fix my room and freshen up then run away into my bathroom so I can record there xD I'm still trying to figure out reaper lol (the tutorial was great though, Jayn! I'm just horribly slow : P)

Expect lines soon c:
    unfortunately ; ;
    lol I have no confidence oh golly

Jayn just wants the track with our voices only
    n __ n

18. Shadow_Rocks Gummi Ship Junkie

Mkay
    I really hate using file to mp3 converters
    They make my computer freeze
    I dont have llam or whatever it is audacity makes u download to export a project as mp3 because it wouldnt work on my computer

19. Jayn

As Dinny said, no instrumental. It has to be just your voice. Oh, and for the .dll file Audacity says you need, just download it from the internet. That's all you have to do, lol. What's the exact file is says you need to export to MP3?

@Dinny; It's okay. ;__; It takes time. You'll be great, no worries. <3 ​

[​IMG]

20. Shadow_Rocks Gummi Ship Junkie

i tried to download it
    It didnt work on ny computer
    I always exported files as .wav
    i trt using mp3 converters but they make firefox crash

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.