SotW Signature of the Week - IDEAS thread

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ienzo, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Plums Wakanda Forever

I think this one is a bit too specific? I mean, there are quite a few people who like it here, but I imagine an equally large amount of people that enter SotW may not be a fan. So maybe just a general Webcomics theme would work better?

plums shut up

2. Llave Superless Moderator

Well I'm not a fan (yet) of Homestuck, but if there was a competition based on that, I wouldn't have a problem. Thanks to most of the fans, I know a good amount of the characters. (Not by heart however.)

I guess it can be easier being specific, if it's too vague in terms of vastness it can be a little frustrating at times. Just a thought.

3. Hayabusa Venomous

I personally wouldn't find it fair to do something so specific. I feel like, sure, having it open makes the difficulty choosing what to do, but at least you'll have stuff you know, while with Homestuck, I personally have no clue what to do because i have no knowledge of it. The only appropriate specific thing would be Kingdom Hearts I think, because this is a Kingdom Hearts forum.

Thats just my $.02 though.

4. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

No, I agree with you. There are a lot of specific themes that have been suggested which I try to steer away from unless the topic is very popular with a large portion of the community or I can broaden the spectrum of choices from the inspriation of the topic suggested (e.g. Homestuck->Webcomics). I've added Webcomics though :)

5. Misty gimme kiss

Hey all, it's my turn to host SotW and I was trying to think up a theme. We haven't done a collaboration one in some time, so I thought I'd measure interest? Obviously we can't do it if not enough people will enter. So please, post here and tell me if you are interested!

If not, we can just do another theme.

For those who do not know, a collaboration theme means you'll be partnered up with someone (randomly), and you two will have to create a signature together! This can be achieved by passing around the PSD, or through applications like TeamViewer. How you do it is up to you and your partner, though the former is the easiest & more traditional way of going about it. The goal is to play upon your teammate's strengths and create something that blends your unique styles!

6. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I'm happily up for the idea! I did it last year when my skills weren't great and so feel I could do so much more this time around :D

7. T3F Chaser

I have never participated in a collab, so I'll definitely want to give this a shot! :)

8. Hayabusa Venomous

Sure, if people are tolerant for my lack of talent.

9. Sumi suicidé

I would totally be down for trying that. :3!!

10. Karuta Reborn

I'd do a collab.

11. Chevalier Crystal Princess

Well doing a collab is scary because I can't drop out if need be. The last collab one worked great, though. There's also the aspect of everyone not having the same programs, ect.

But if everyone is down with it, then sure. Sounds nice.