SotW Voting Signature of the Week #95 - Freestyle

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Llave, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Llave Superless Moderator

[​IMG]
    no. 95
    [voting thread; votes due July 8th, 2013]
    FREESTYLE
    The previous freestyle was last year, so the trend must go on! Almost anything goes, so there is no reason not to participate! (We just love to see your arts.)
    Happy sigging!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If you are unsure of how to vote then check out this thread here, anyone is welcome to vote but entrants MUST vote.

Plums
    [​IMG]

Beau
    [​IMG]

cstar
    [​IMG]

Amethyst
    [​IMG]

What?
    [​IMG]

GhettoXemnas
    [​IMG]

Hayabusa
    [​IMG]

2. Hayabusa Venomous

1.Plums - Instant +1 for Gurren Lagann. The various shades of colors going on makes it really easy on the eyes. The text effectively reflects on the series, and blends with the mecha. Additional effects serve to make the image feel complete to me.

2.Amethyst - Nice use of light and darkness. Colors really pop out to me. The play on sharpness and blurs also are well done, as seen with the text against the blurring corners.

3. What? - Really like the colors , though some of the blurring seems overdone. The text looks nice, and the image is well contrasted against the background, but the sides look a little bit dead.

3. T3F Chaser

1. What?-I actually envy your smudging skills. All that blending is absolutely gorgeous, the sharpening is, too! You managed to create a really good flow with the sig, and the shape is gorgeous!
    2. Hayabusa- It looks like a really hard render to pull off a great sig with, but you did an excellent job! Loving the effects you put, and while I'm not a huge fan of having one block of text on one side and another on the other side, I think it works really well here. Good job!
    3. Plums-I think it's a little too monotone for me, but it's so sparkly! I love all the little effects you put in, and I really like the text. well done.

4. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

1. Amethyst- I just love the colours! I have said most of my critique in the actual thread but the boldness of this piece really stood out to me.

2. Hayabusa- I just love the dynamic of this piece as the colours all merge nicely together and the flow really emphasises the fight scene. It's dark character also gives it a more sinister feel and I just think it works really well.

3. GhettoXemnas- It's simple yet effective. I think the smudging and flower clipping masks are really well done and it all blends well together. However, I don't know if it's just me but Xemnas does look rather orange so toning down the saturation may be better (or it could just be my eyesight xD). I'm also not normally one for having the render right in the middle but I think this one works well.

5. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

What? - DEM COLORS N DAT SMUDGING
    Hayabusa - Flows very well and love the colors
    Plums - Nice blending of the render

6. cstar stay away from my waifu

1. Amethyst-
    I don't know what it is, but something about the way the colours and the text pop out makes me smile and I really love to just look at it.

2. What?-
    I really love the shape, the colours, the smudging, and the overall feeling of it. The only problem I really have is the colour choice of the text. It may just be because I have a bad monitor but the colour was hard to pick out and I didn't know it said VOY.

3.Hayabusa-
    I really love the Thor artwork you chose and the text that went along with it. The colour of the text to match the capes was a really nice touch.

7. Beau Hollow Bastion Committee

1. Plums - though the whole piece seems to be a little... dull, i really enjoy it. the specks of light are probably my fave part, but i do also like your blending. one thing that bugs me though is that white text... idk to me it just seems unecessary?? anyway great job! c:
    2. Hayabusa - okay i /really/ like the transition between the light and dark because it's so... seamless to me. the blending is great, the stock is awesome, the lighting is perf... an overall great piece! however, those thick lines at the bottom right corner by thor just seem... off to me i don't really like them there gomen
    3. Amethyst - the colors here are just adorably bright like your stock teehee which i enjoy a lot! your blending is amazing and the 'trouble' text looks super cool! but two things seem... eh to me: the first is the text above it, it's tiny and the fact is that it's italicized and cursive makes it hard to read at first glance. the second is that odd cloud surrounding the stock... it just seems weird to me. super amazing job nonetheless! * 3 *

good job to everyone who entered! all the entries were mega great and picking them was super tough!! ^ u ^

8. What? 『 music is freedom 』

Dear lord this is extremely hard. +1 to everyone participating because your graphics give me a veritable mind blowing!

1 | Hayabusa :: Highly enjoy the dichotomy between the light and darkness. Very good centering, good stock usage, and the directional alignment gives it a nice flow. Nothing is too over-textured and the shadows, especially in contrast with some of the text, work very well.

Potential Improvement: Something to make it pop out more a bit, or round out the piece; the bottom right corner may give you a good key, for while the slight asymmetry does not necessarily break the balance, something to counteract could potentially help it.

2 | Plums :: Colour palette is gorgeous, and the stars make it look very pretty while fitting with the actual content of the piece. Stock blends immensely well into the rest of the graphic and the small, cloudy smudging affects carry an attention to detail that shows precision and finesse. That text there is used very creatively and makes the inner typography geek in myself proud.

Potential Improvement: Perhaps making it more dynamic; some movement and flow with the piece would make it even more wonderful. Focusing on depth with a slight light/dark contrast could also possibly help. ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER.

3 | Amethyst :: Very beautiful colour selection fitting the stock. Curvy effects behind the stock give it some lovely movement without detracting from the focus. The combination of everything actually incites a feeling of emotion in terms of the mischief that the work portrays, so in that manner it blends the various elements of visuals fairly well. 2000% kawaii

Potential Improvement: Emphasizing light/dark to give it depth could give more food for the eyes, and cleaner integration of the stock into the back graphics may offer a smoother transition.

You are all wonderful artists, my lord.

9. Llave Superless Moderator

The votes are in, and with the intensity of the calculations of victory, only one remains... The winner of SotW #95 - Freestyle is none other than Hayabusa !

Your piece will be added to our Wall of Fame, and you are eligible to gain the SotW Winner Pin:
    [​IMG]

Message Chevalier to get it!

Thank you all for participating and voting! #96 will be up shortly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.