SotW Voting Signature of the Week #89- Fixed stock

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ienzo, Dec 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

[​IMG]
    no. 89
    [voting thread; votes due December 24th, 2012]
    Fixed Stock
    After your wonderful uploads I have decided on the ones to use (including one of my own due to lack of people uploading them). So you can use any of the renders given in this thread as the main focal but the rest can be whatever you want. Just right click and "save image as" for your use (make sure it's a .PNG otherwise it won't be a render).
    Happy sigging!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​
    If you are unsure of how to vote then check out this thread here, anyone is welcome to vote but entrants MUST vote.​
    Beau
    [​IMG]
    Doukuro
    [​IMG]
    Cookiie
    [​IMG]
    Amethyst
    [​IMG]
    Muff Monkey
    [​IMG]
    Plums
    [​IMG]
    Loriah
    [​IMG]
    Surfer Santa
    [​IMG]
    Nights
    [​IMG]

2. T3F Chaser

muff monkey: I remember saying that entries like yours make me not want to enter. This is absolutely beautiful! I love the lighting and the colours you put in this, and the text is absolutely gorgeous. Well done!

surfer santa: I feel like the left side is a little empty, but the tag as a whole was very nicely done. I wouldn't have picked those peachy colours for Sora but you made it work. Also love how the text is really subtle and nice. Good Job!

Plums: I love it. Overall I think its a little too pale but you've got the blending and the smudging spot on. I also really like the texture it has. Nice work!

3. Doukuro Chaser

Surfer Santa: It's just really soft and pleasant to look at. The texture is neat as well.

Muff Monkey: Probably the neatest text out of them all and the render is blended in nicely.

Beau: Fluttershy eep <3 It fits here, even with that face. Nice background and like how it starts to fade 'round the edges.

4. muff monkey Twilight Town Denizen

doukuro: this is my favorite one. iron man blends in so well with the background and i think it looks great.

plums: although it's fairly pale, i really enjoy this. the smudging and blending of it looks very nice.

surfer santa: i really like how sora looks like he's sitting on a big, fluffy pink cloud. the colors are really pretty and i like this a lot.

5. Misty gimme kiss

1. muff monkey: Really nice! I just adore the colors in here. You have some depth going on in here but I think if you play some more with it and perhaps try to branch from this style a little, you could develop a lot more, but all the same, it's a nice technique you have.
    2. Surfer Santa: The effects in here and overall tag are super nice, it probably would have taken my first place if there was just a bit more to it. Play around with contrast (not as in the adjustment, I mean contrasting elements of your signature) and remove that big ol' blotch over Sora. Blending your stock is important but you don't want to obstruct it either!
    3. Amethyst: I was torn between your entry and Doukuro's but eventually went with yours because I feel the composition is superior. I would like the see the left side have a bit as much impact as the right, and for there to be some kind of flow created with his arm, but still, nice work!

6. Cookiie Traverse Town Homebody

Surfer Santa: I really like the textures you put into the piece, as well as the colours. The blending was really well done in my opinion.

Muff Monkey: Everything was done so that everything blended together nicely, and that's what I really love about your piece. I also enjoy how you incorporated the different colours (ex/ reds, greens, oranges).

Doukuro: I like the background, but I really enjoyed how you added the illuminated ball of light to make it so that he was reaching towards something. It gave your piece a great, added effect.

7. Beau Hollow Bastion Committee

1. muff monkey- I really like the background and green orbs of light floating around Sora! The colors work really well together, and it's crisp and kept together nicely! I also really like the text too! Although, I don't really like how it gets lighter the higher you go. I think I know what you were going for, but I think it'd look better with it all being dark. Great job!
    2. Doukuro- I love the fiery effect by his arm! The way you positioned the stock really fits with your piece, and it's also very neat! However, I do feel the text is a little lacking though.
    3. surfer santa- I like the wispy, cloud effect you have around Sora! It's really relaxing, though I feel the text is weak and there's too much blank space! Maybe try something to fill it up...?

Great job everyone!

8. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Amythest- It just really seems befitting of the stock that was used. I'm not really sure what it is calling out to me, but it is. Good work ^.^

Surfer Santa- The blending of the stock into the cloudy atmosphere is really pretty. It doesn't have anything "major" going on, and that's what makes it special. It's a very soothing picture, one I could stare at for hours ^.^

Muff Monkey- Placing the render into the starry picture almost sends me on a trip into the universe. It's simply stunning. Very good signature. ^.^

~I wish I could give everyone the vote, because these are all very good pictures. Sadly I had to choose the three that most stood out to me. Everyone did a great job, you all should be proud ^_^

9. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

muff monkey - there is no empty area, no matter where i look at it there is something nice (does that make sense?????)

amethyst - the render is placed nicely and i would not really think to put purple in an iron man sig but it pulls through

plums - while i look the general colors i feel like it is over saturated

10. Plums Wakanda Forever

i tHOUGHT I DID THIS OH NO

reptar: Dat smudging and color. <3 The cloud does seem to cover up a lot of the render's left shoulder/chest area, but I think if that was reduced a bit it would be super great.

muff monkey: I really like the colors here! I do think you cod go for a bit more depth, as of now it's mainly focused towards the upper left and the rest looks a bit flatter in comparison.

Doukuro: I really liked the background you had going on there! I thought it was a tad bright though, and the black border just seems to be there, so maybe try to use something that matches the color of the stock a bit?

11. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

So sorry for the lateness fo this :o I've been away but thank you all for voting, entering and being amazing! WEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I also hope you all had amazing christmas's and new year is yet to come :3

I'm glad this theme was so popular- I'll try and do it again at some point.

But alas, it was a close one but Muff Monkey is the winner this week/few weeks : D so congratulaitons. If you haven't already got the pin then you can go get it from Chev.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.