SotW Voting Signature of the Week #87- Black and White

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ienzo, Oct 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

[​IMG]
    no. 87
    [voting thread; votes due October 10th, 2012]
    Black and White

For this week, you can do any signature but the whole thing must be black and white in the end.
    Happy sigging!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If you are unsure of how to vote then check out this thread here, anyone is welcome to vote but entrants MUST vote.​

Misty
    [​IMG]
    AndrewTemari101
    [​IMG]

Cat~
    [​IMG]
    HeartIess
    [​IMG]

Rissy
    [​IMG]

Hayabusa
    [​IMG]

Feenie
    [​IMG]
    мσησ¢няσмє

[​IMG]

2. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Monochrome ~ Though the left seems a bit empty, it just looks great overall. Absolutely love it.

Heartless ~ The linear blur you used on the text and stock work pretty well with the creepy feeling that you're trying to convey. Though it's not really blended in or anything, I still think it was wonderfully executed.

Haya ~ It's simple, but it works here. The image of the colossus on the side makes it feel like a vast amount of space, and the way you blurred the text on top conveys a lonely feeling (though that might just be my impression since I've played the game). I like it. Well done.

3. Karuta Reborn

Cat - I really liked the render you used and the text goes nicely with the background.

Rissy - I loved the smoke effects and the way you put the text in, but it doesn't look like a black and white picture, it looks like a coloured image which was then made black and white. Good overall though.

Feenie - I loved the effects in the background and the text too, plus I just started playing Black 2 :3

4. Doukuro Chaser

Cat - I really liked the effects in this one. The text could have blended in better like the stock does, but standing out like they do is not all that bad especially since the placement of it is decent.

Misty - I often find details lost in BW pics but not in this one. It's all there and very eye appealing.

Rissy - It's small and simple which is nice, but also has complex looking 'clouds' I'll call them for lack of a better term. Neat text and nice lighting.

5. Beau Hollow Bastion Committee

Monochrome
    I really like the glowing effect you have there, almost like she's an angel illuminating the darkness. Very nice! c:
    Misty
    I like yours because it's very clean, and I love the flower background and the text!
    Rissy
    That smoke effect is brilliant, I absolutely adore it. So, so nice. *o*

6. Chevalier Crystal Princess

Rissy - I like the attempt at depth in this one. While some of the others don't make much use of the different shades to create depth, yours does. Plus the smudging is really nice.

Andrew - I really like your attempt in this. It captures black and white fairly well. I also like the slightly gritty look that serves to accentuate the stock's expression. It's like she's falling into the abbyss.

Misty - I like the text placement and the textures used. It's an okay tag.

7. Rissy Queen of the Clouds

Hayabusa - I really like the overall depth you have with the text, and I really like the feeling it brings. Great job. c:

Andrew - The darkness of it really keeps my eyes on it. I really like how far you've come since you've started graphics, or at least how long I've seen you post them on here. Wonderful work!

Misty - The only problem I have with your tag this time, is it looks a little stretched in my opinion. Normally your tags are really high in quality and look really nice, which made me take a double take at this one. The effects behind the render really look... fuzzy to me. Maybe it's my computer, but I feel like it could be resized and it would be perfect then. Other than that, I really like yours. You know you're great, I don't need to tell you otherwise. d:

8. Hayabusa Venomous

1. Feenie - Like all the action going on behind N. Really looks as though the image was optimized for the theme of monochrome. Think N could have been better blended though, and the font could be less generic in my opinion.

2. Rissy - Love the effects on the lady and the text a lot. Also love the variety of shades and the overall depth. Wish it were bigger though.

3. Misty - Like the text blending and the effects around the Warrior. However, there's just soooooo muuuuuuuch empty space. I wanna like stick another character in there.

9. Misty gimme kiss

1. Andrew: this is a bit of an odd piece for me, there are some things fundamentally strange here (composition-wise especially), but it seems to be a bit of an exception to the rule. I quite like the action you have going here and while it's a rather simple piece, that works in your favor. I also like that you fade from the dark middle to the white, which is an uncommon choice. Nice work.
    2. Rissy: I like what you have going here but I wish it were larger; not just because this is quite small but because I'd like to see more detail in the smudging. But yours was one of the best, stylistically.
    3. Monochrome: Not much to say here. Simple but nice.

10. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

Oh, I should probably vote c:

1. Andrew: As I've said before, you are coming along really well with your Graphic Art. This entry is no exception to your great progress. It just looks great in every way, and there's a nice contrast between the black and white.
    2. Misty: This looks really quite nice. You have some nice effects going on around the render that make it stand out quite a fair bit. As others have said, it does seem to be a bit too elongated, but it's not much of a major gripe for me. Good job!
    3. Monochrome: It's very simple, but it works really well.

11. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Wow, this one was very close! But the winner is Rissy! Well done to everyone who entered : )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.