SotW Voting Signature of the Week #85 - Dream Drop distance

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Peyton, Jul 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peyton Goddess Of Love ♥

[​IMG]
    no. 85
    [voting thread; votes due August 5th, 2012]
    Dream Drop Distance

Since this long awaited game appears to be coming out this week for Europeans and soon for North America I thought we'd celebrate with DDD being this week's theme. You can use any stock or render from the up and coming game.

Happy sigging!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If you are unsure of how to vote then check out this thread here, anyone is welcome to vote but entrants MUST vote.

Krowley
    [​IMG]
    Heartless
    [​IMG]
    Misty

[​IMG]

Amber
    [​IMG]
    Advent
    [​IMG]
    Envy
    [​IMG]
    Roaringflames
    [​IMG]
    muff monkey
    [​IMG]

2. Karuta Reborn

1) Krowley. I really like the text in this one and I think it goes really well with the background.
    2) Amber. I love the colours and the text and it all comes together really nicely.
    3) Roaringflames. I like the render used and the smudging but the colours are too dark. overall a nice piece though.

3. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

1. Roaringfmales - Beautiful colours and blending. it is not monotone or too bright. Lovely. Could do with a darker border.
    2. Advent - Great blending and contrast. The only improvement I suggest is making the text a bit less bland. Try something more stylistic. I like the simplicity but I don't think more details could hurt.
    3. Heartless - Clean and simplistic with great typography. Next time avoid nationalistic colours; go for something less recognizable. Maybe gold instead of white? They definitely hurt the initial impression.

4. Yozora Archer

1. Heartless - It's so simple and the color fits perfect with the title of the game imo. Pleasing to the eye and it's neither too much nor too not too much.
    2. Misty - Im not really a fan of too bright, but I think it goes perfectly with Sora since, you know, he's dropping down from the heavens.
    3. Advent - I don't really think Riku and the "dreaming" fit together, but it is a nice simple design. I like the fog effect you added to it.

5. Misty gimme kiss

1. Heartless: I have some problems with the overall composition here but there's something about it that I just really quite like. The colors of the text I wouldn't have thought of but they work very well. Nice work.
    2. Roaringflames: This was a very close second, I thought the idea and execution here were both really nice but what it needed to hinge it was some nice work with the depth, which is a really difficult concept to grasp and even more challenging to execute so I don't blame you. But overall, I like the colors and it's a very good job done.
    3. Advent: Like the concept here but something doesn't feel quite right to me. The circles seem a bit oddly placed and I would have liked to see some variation in them; the text is also very large (and the omission of the 'g' bothers me but that is very minor) and counters the flow. Otherwise, the blending is good and stylistically it's strong.

6. Roaringflames Merlin's Housekeeper

1st - Misty - love the smudging and how his hand seems to be blending in with the blue or flowing the blue( in my eyes). Think the text could have been smaller, but you could also remove it as well

2nd - Advent - I like the smuding and think you blended Riku in the tag goodly. Text is distracting, too big and takes away attention from Riku. Smudge the circles that Riku isn't holding and it would be a better tag.

3rd - muff monkey - love the textures you used, but flow wise it does nothing but add effects, put color on sora, because the text looks more interesting than the render.

7. muff monkey Twilight Town Denizen

advent- i really like this, but like others, i'm not that keen on the text. i think it might actually look a little bit better if the g wasn't almost invisible? but either way, i think it's really pretty.
    heartless- good lord i have no idea why i like this so much. it's rather plain, but everything just works so well together. i also really like the font for some reason. the colors fit well with the rest of the piece.
    misty- sore is so cute. *-* i really adore the background on this. i think it would have a completely different overall effect if the text was positioned differently, though.

8. Amber PLUR

Wow, so many amazing entries! It's hard to decide...

1. Heartless - It feels very clean. Normally I'd want a bit more in the background, but I feel like you made the white space work very nicely.

2. Envy - I like how the smudging makes Roxas look like he's on fire or surrounded by smoke. It feels very action-y, as if he's about to start charging at me.

3. Roaringflames - I love the smudging here. It looks like a painting. However, I feel like Sora blends in a little too well, especially near his face. I find myself being drawn more to the background than the focus point. But still, nice job.

9. Saxima [screams geometrically]

I wish I could have entered, but my internet was super crappy all week. •n•

Heartless : I really love how simplistic it is, and I like that all of the colors are nice and soft. The pattern that you overlaid on Sora is really subtle, but adds a good depth effect, as well as the gradient. Overall, this is a lovely piece.

Advent : It's just a tad small for my taste, but you used Tron!Riku in it, so yes. You did a nice job with the clouding effect off to the right, but because of it, the left looks just a little empty. My only other complaints is the text, and it looks too bold for the rest of the image, even though you have the dots to match it. So all in all, it looks fine.

Envy : Roxas ♥ The way you have him popping out of the flames like that is a really great effect, and I can totally tell he's the subject of the image. I'm not really sure what else to say other than that maybe the left looks a little plain. But lovely job.

10. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

A great effort from everybody! Thank you all for entering, the winner is HeartIess! Well done, you get a pin :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.