SotW Voting Signature of the Week #82 - Space

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Misty, Apr 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Misty gimme kiss

[​IMG]
    no. 82
    [voting thread; votes due May 2, 2012]
    SPACE

For this week, your signature must have something to do with space--some suggestions include using fictional characters that travel through space, space stocks, whatever! If you're unsure of what to use, try posting in our discussion thread. :)

Happy sigging!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you are unsure of how to vote then check out this thread here, anyone is welcome to vote but entrants MUST vote.

Plums
    [​IMG]

Midnight Star
    [​IMG]

Hayabusa
    [​IMG]

Misty
    [​IMG]

Rhyme
    [​IMG]

Ienzo
    [​IMG]

2. Midnight Star Master of Physics

1) Misty - I simply love what you've done there. I like all the effects you've got, the simply spash of colour works well and it's got a lovely sense of depth to it.

2) Plums - I like the simplicity to yours, it makes it quite pretty and myserious.

3) Hayabusa - Yours is a little different and cool. Although the left side is a little chaotic and I'm not sure if that's simply an effect or it's meant to be something.

3. Sumi suicidé

1. Hayabusa - love the effects and the flash of colour. it seems almost simple but not really and just has a great scheme all together. and obvious first, in my opinion.
    2. Plums - i dunno i think it is a little too plain but at the same time it is stylish. my big problem is the little white bits still on the render although that may just be a peeve to me haha.
    3. Ienzo - not my favourite, and i don't think it was executed particularly well but i like the idea behind it and i like seeing something different. :3 plus doctor who. <3

4. Plums Wakanda Forever

Misteh: I like the rainbow color wave in there. It worked very noice with the B/W of the tag, and brought out the depth (along with the sharpening of them arm and such). The bit on rainbow on the left of the tag feels a bit strange (which I think is because of the lump in the middle of it), but otherwise, it was v. great :B also ASTRONAUT

Enzy: I think the colors are a bit bright in some places (the "ht" and the "e" to be specific). I think this is just because I'm using the Lite skin though. xD Anyway, I thought the text tag format was really creative. The green ball in Smith's (?) hand contrasts a bit too much with the other colors of the tag for me.

Midnight Star: I really like the lighting you had on the background. o: While it does take away from the foreground a bit, it's not really the focal either, so it is all gud in the hood (and looks pretty to boot).~

5. Hayabusa Venomous

I had difficulty sorting my favorites into a specific order :<

1st - Plums
    Dat Deoxys. Nice placement of the render and great sense of flow and direction. Like the color palette of pinks, blues, and some purple. Quite easy on the eyes. Could maybe use a bit more activity.

2nd - Misty
    Really nice, detailed stock used. Great blending with the background and the rainbow. Text looks nice too. However, the rainbow near the center-left seems to like...come out of the person's crotch. Would look better to me if you erased that bit.

3rd - Rhyme
    Like the render with all its details and crispness, but it would look better to me if moved to one side or the other rather than the center. Really awesome looking background, and I like the text. Colors could contrast better to me I think, to fit with the character's render.

6. ShibuyaGato Transformation

/totally not just here for the Doctor Who

Misty~I like what you did with the rainbow contrasting with the black and white. Plus, dat smudging...

Hayabusa~It's definitely different from the other tags, and I like it.

Enzy~DW<3 But aside from that, it's alright for your first text tag. I was never very good at them anyway, but I like the incorporation of Eleven's sillhouette. Though I agree with Plums that the light from the sonic contrasts a bit too much, it might be better if it were toned down slightly.

Everyone here did a great job, though I'm a bit disappointed that there wasn't any SPAAAAAaaAaaAaAaAaAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!

7. Soap Hollow Bastion Committee

Misty - I like b/w rainbow tag. Great use of smudging in, I like the see threw of the astronaut where you can see the stars. Plus I recently just learned how to do b/w with color tags thanks to you and rhyme.

Plums - I like the color scheme of it all. The subtle colors mesh and blend great. Love the lighting and great stock placement.

Midnight Star - I like yours alot because it looks very simplistic. I love the effects and the colors you did, and really cool looking image.

8. Sacredlith Destiny Islands Resident

Hayabusa - The color composition is nice, and the contrast makes it stand out. The stripes are also a good add-on with the black bars; overall, modernistic and professional-looking. I absolutely love this.

Misty - Color splash! <3 Pretty rainbows. The image is very crisp, nice to look at. The soft colors you used for the rainbow blend very well with the background, and the smudging is smooooth.

Plums - Simple yet stunning. The coloring is very catchy <3

9. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

1) Misty: I laughed at Cosmonaut xD plus the rainbows make it seem so much less serious which is what I lvoe, the pastel of the rainbow contrasts well with the monchrome of the rest of it, plus everything is blended well.

2) Plums: Pokemon <3 I love the flow and the colours fit very well, plus the lights you've added work well with the whole effect, my main concern is the stock looks slightly grainy but not much. Still lovely.

3) Midnight Star: I love the colours and the picture itself is quite nice. My main concerns are the text doesn't seem that fitting but that isn't anything too major. I thought you did it well.

10. Misty gimme kiss

1. Ienzo: This one was actually my number two until I noticed the small silhouette of The Doctor. I think I would have liked to see that bigger and the text made around him, but I appreciate the experimentation! The complicated images you used as a clipping mask for the text are nice but they make the words a little hard to make out--I think a drop shadow and/or stroke on the text itself may help remedy this, though.
    2. Midnight Star: I am not a huge fan of the text or the colors, but I really love the concept here! The edits in the sky are very nicely done and feel quite natural as well.
    3. Plums: The effects in here are noice but the cut on the render is killing me babe. D: I wish there was a bit more blending on the render as well, particularly to the bottom left.

11. Krowley Moderator

Midnight Star - Enjoyed how the colors meshed here. The background was a nice addition.
    Misty - Both the rainbow and black and white motif played off each other very well. Also fond of the blending.
    Hayabusa - Not sure what I like about this picture, but the depiction and placement of everything is really great.

12. Misty gimme kiss

Oh gosh you guys should tell me when I'm this late. :L

But anyway, congratulations to... me?

Thanks to everyone for participating and voting!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.