SotW Voting Signature of the week #81- Superheroes

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ienzo, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

[​IMG]
    no. 81
    [voting thread; votes due April 16th, 2012]
    SUPERHEROES

This was suggested by Cat <3Sora, Midnight Star and Boy Wonder so I see that it is quite popular. You can basically use any superhero from any comic book, movie, story or whatever but please, in your entry, say who it is if they aren't well known.

Happy sigging!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you are unsure of how to vote then check out this thread here, anyone is welcome to vote but entrants MUST vote.

Dinny Grayson
    [​IMG]

Nights
    [​IMG]

Hayabusa
    [​IMG]

Rhyme
    [​IMG]

Scruffy
    [​IMG]

Chevalier
    [​IMG]

Midnight Star
    [​IMG]

Boy Wonder
    [​IMG]

Droid
    [​IMG]

2. Sumi suicidé

1- Chevalier. Obvious choice but I love the way it is all moving and I like the colours.
    2- Hayabusa. Not much to say on this one. I like the effects.
    3- Dinny. It's a nice sig. I like the effects and how you composed it.

3. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

Rhyme ~ I don't know why, but I love this simple piece. Plus, it's Spider-Man.
    Hayabusa ~ I like the effects/colours you've used on this one.
    Chevalier ~ Not too much to say, this one is just lovely.

4. Willis Traverse Town Homebody

1. Dinny Grayson - the colors and depth of the Sig make it for me.
    2. Hayabusa - the contrasting colors of batman and the fire effects make it look amazing.
    3. Rhyme - a little biased on this one, cuz Spiderman is my favorite. However, the simplicity of the sig, along with the heavily implied conflict between the characters (the positioning of them) makes it good. It also kinda inspires me to wanna start fooling around with gimp, or somehow get my hands on photoshop.

5. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I almost voted by which heroes I prefer
    1. Dinny Grayson - The background is gorgeous. You could have picked a better Robin, thoug*shot*. The render's a bit...off for me, but his expression goes perfectly with the quote. Once I realized that was the quote he used to propose to Oracle, this became so much better than it was (and it was great to begin with). Text color for his name should be something else, but oh my god, it's the perfect quote to use.

2. Hayabusa - The effects and background are wonderful. I mean, the flame effect goes perfectly with the render. The text is great, too. I think the biggest turn-off for me (and possibly the only one) is the choice of words. I don't think that describes Batman of all people. Also, the black "holes" over the render seem out of place and a couple of them are too round. I may just be wrong, but it looked to me like Batman was burning through the scene so the holes wouldn't be perfectly round and there wouldn't be any over him.

3. Chevalier - Once again, I realize how bad at graphics I am when I don't like something that someone so much better than me makes and/or uses techniques widely accepted as "good," but I don't like xD Wonder Woman, the often forgotten member of the Trinity. There's not really much I can say that I don't like here. I mean, the text goes perfectly with the render and so do the arrow placements. I'm not a fan, though, of this kind of...adjustment layer? (I don't know if it's saturation, exposure, or what), but the screen over it is too...strong, I guess? It's a bit too overly squarish for me, but it works with the design. Text is hard to read...but sexy.

Scruffy, I'm glad someone did Nova!

6. Hayabusa Venomous

1st - Chevalier
    Wonderful sense of flow and nice colors with a gorgeous render of Wonder Woman and stylish text. A bit too squarish though, and the...effect could be a lil lighter?

2nd - Dinny Grayson
    Very nice render that works well with the background, and effective text, though it is a little plain for my tastes. Could use more activity in my opinion, and Nightwing could be blended a little better with the surroundings.

3rd - Droid
    Good contrast of colors, though the overall image looks a bit too sharp to me. The border seems kinda unnecessary, and I think the render would look better being off-set from the center at least a little. Like the comicy text though, and the lightning effect.

I meant for the text to be, not Batman saying the words, but someone else saying them to him, like the Joker or something, like they're accusing him of making the world so crazy. Hope that clarifies.

7. Droid Hollow Bastion Committee

1. Dinny Grayson ~ Nightwing. Background. Quote. This is a grand piece Dinny, I love it. The image of Grayson is perfect for the sig. The only thing I'd suggest is to make the quote a little bigger, but great work.

2. Hayabusa ~ Batman on fire. I like the effects, fire, it's awesome. I agree with Boy Wonder on the choice of words, but the text looks really nice. And for once...I actually like the upper and lower border, it works with this piece.

3. Boy Wonder ~ Had trouble picking 3rd, but I like what you did with this one. Describes poor Aquaman well, the text on the triton was clever. The colors are bright, I like sigs that pop like that. The only thing I'd critique is making the entire sig a little bigger.

8. Yozora Archer

1. Hayabusa: I just freaking love this sig man. Can I use it? Lol. It haves it's own feel, and I like how you added the fire effect on Batman. I think it's really cool how well you blended in some effects to compliment the fire. Very nice.

2. Droid: I like this one, too lol. It's simple, yet it haves its own feel to it. Also, it sort of gives me an "old" vibe to it. Probably because of the contrast? Im not big when it comes to sigs, so. But yeah, nice background and border AND that "The Flash" sign. Cool stuff.

3. Chevalier: Your sig makes me think of vintage for some reason....but that's cool because it only makes me like it more. The only thing that puts me off a bit are the words. But yeah, it's cool and definitely comes out from the others.

9. Chevalier Crystal Princess

Mmmkay so...

Dinny Grayson: I think this one is most balanced one overall, but I can see a layer there which I'm guessing wasn't meant to be seen lol. The text is a good touch. but overall, the tag feels somewhat flat. The stock seems blurry, and the colors feel somewhat dull. But the idea is there and it works real well.

Scruffy: The effects don't really look all that natural or outstanding. They seem plastic. However, you managed to give your tag flow, which is something the rest are missing.

Hayabusa: I'm not really keen on this signature. It's flashy and tries to be dark and badass, but it lacks flow, the text is just to the side with nothing that really blends it. I feel like it didn't quite capture the dark look too well. But it gets my vote for the use of some nice effects.

You don't have to like it, lol. I just tossed it here because I had nothing better to put out.

Good luck gaiz ;3

10. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Hayabusa- I've heard people say batman is hot but I don't think that's what they meant ^_^ I like the scenery and the way everything came together.

Dinny Grayson- Aww, look, Robins all grown up. I like the choice of colors on this one, makes everything seem . . . right.

Midnight Star- Two words, teen superhero lol I always liked Kitty. The color scheme was a good pick but the design pattern was a bit iffy.

11. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

1. Hayabusa : Gorgeous to see those flames. It's just beautiful to look at. I really love the background as well, behind all the flames and even though there's not too much of a play with colours that I usually love this is very nicely done. I love it.

2. Chevalier : Okay, just wow. I'm a sucker for these types of graphics. I could see this on a shirt, on a wall, a notebook, etc. It's great. I love the colours and your stock is just gorgeous, Diana is totally looking at her best. The colours are totally just grasping me and not letting go and ugh, I love it.

3. Scruffy : I really love the composition of this. You've got the right flow here everything just looks like it's in the right place. I think the black bits are a little much though, but your stock is just outstanding and everything looks very smooth. Lovely job c:

12. Jⱥy King's Apprentice

Hayabusa: A completely different style that i haven't seem much of. The red and orange around Batman complete the signature. The only problem i have is with the text. It splits the signature into two which really distracts you from the main focal. Apart from that, good job.

Chevalier: An amazing signature. Everything from the stock placement to flow fits in so well. It's just hard to criticize. If I was to pick something out though it would about the curve you used. Maybe just lower it down so it doesn't hurt my eyes but that might just be my laptop screen.

Rhyme: Sometimes a minimal amount of effects works, especially on an image which already has so much going on inside it. I'm not sure why I'm voting for the piece as i feel some of the other entries might deserve a vote for the time they spent on their signature but I just can't stop looking at your entry.

13. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Congratulations Hayabusa! You get the SotW pin.

Thank you everyone for participating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.