SotW Voting Signature of the Week #80 - Organization XIII

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Misty, Mar 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Misty gimme kiss

[​IMG]
    no. 80
    [voting thread; votes due March 25th, 2012]
    ORGANIZATION XIII

Don't believe we've had one of these in some time! For this week, your signature must feature at least one member of Organization XIII (Xion is allowed!). Have fun and...

Happy sigging!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you are unsure of how to vote then check out this thread here, anyone is welcome to vote but entrants MUST vote.

miaulement
    [​IMG]

Cookiie
    [​IMG]

Krowley
    [​IMG]

Kingdom Hearts530
    [​IMG]

Saxima
    [​IMG]

Hayabusa
    [​IMG]

Sumi
    [​IMG]

Roaringflames
    [​IMG]

Droid
    [​IMG]

Boy Wonder
    [​IMG]

2. Cookiie Traverse Town Homebody

Saxima: I really liked how everything blended together, especially the text.

Sumi: I'm usually not a fan of something done in grayscale all the way through (I'm obsessed with colour), but I liked your piece. The thing I love the most about it is the texture in the background.

Droid: I liked the bit of colour, you put into the piece. There isn't too much going on, which is a good thing in this case.

3. Hayabusa Venomous

1st - Roaringflames
    Love the colors and contrast of reds, blacks, and whites. Brilliant looking flame effects. Main gripe is the "CHAOS FLARE" text on the outside sides looks kinda plain

2nd - Droid
    Great mood going on here, with the text, the heart, and Saix's appearance. Kinda empty-ish in the white areas though.

3rd - Sumi
    Really nice detail going on, and a fantastic shot of Axel, but the neutral colors and odd blending kinda make it mush together. Personally think it could use more color

4. Glen Returned from the dead

1st- Krowley: I love the effects used in it. A simple piece, but effective nonetheless
    2nd- Miaulement: Oh gosh where do i start? The colours used in it, the scene, the little sparkles, they all work so well together!
    3rd- Hayabusa: The text works brilliantly in that pic, and the background you used in it only adds to the awesomeness!

This was a difficult decision to be honest.

5. miaulement Traverse Town Homebody

Droid - Black & White, but the colored heart jumps out at me. Very nice work. :)

Roaringflames - The colors go well together, nothing really seems out of place. Awesome job!

Sumi - Honestly, I like the sparkliness the most out of the whole signature. Dunno why, just blends together nicely. XD Nice job!

6. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

1. Saxima - If the colors were more vibrant, it would be simply beautiful. The placement and blending are very good. ~
    2. Sumi - Again, I would like it if there were colors, but the effects are nice.
    3. Hayabusa - As an art enthusiast with no taste for being superficially polite, I feel that this is the signature of those left that would annoy me the least. If I had to view all of these signatures below posts every day, this one would be the easiest to look at over and over. That is all of the critique that I have... Other than perhaps that I feel this way because the composition is good and the image is not overly sharp like most of the others.

Staff will have to put up with that if they want a comment on my vote.

7. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Lovely, lovely ~

Sumi ~ I really like the sort of ripple effect that you have going on around the signature. It kind of gives the whole thing a fiery feel to it, and since the character's Axel, I think this fits just fine. I'm also particularly fond of the three squares that you have over there on the side, they look really nice.

Droid ~ I really like the font that you used for the text, it looks nice. Overall, the whole thing is very simplistic, and I like that, it's not overly worked like a few of the other pieces that are up for running. If you used at render, you did a pretty nice job on blending that as well. Nicely done.

Cookiie ~ I don't like Xion very much, but the render you used, she looks very pretty in it. I really love the sort of starry background you've got going on here, the night sky, etc . . . It's lovely. I'm not too thrilled with the font you used for the text, but the text itself is blended pretty nicely.

8. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Roaringflames- The Axel picture you used was awesome! I also really liked the effect that you did with the red, black , white ^^
    Boy Wonder- I really liked the concept of it and I really liked how you blurred Axel.
    Cookiie- I really liked the picture she was in! The Starryish background was really cool too.

Hope I did all the reasoning and stuff right... never voted before XD

9. Krowley Moderator

RoaringFlames: Really liked the blurred effect. Its a popular pose, but it works here.
    Sumi: Seeing Axel in black and White is a change but apparently effective.
    Boy Wonder: Seeing the young and old versions of Axel and Saix worked well together.

10. Sumi suicidé

Cookiie - I love what you did with the colours and the background! There are some things that could be fixed but I love it overall. :3

Saxima - Great placement <3 overall nice.

Hayabusa - Hard render to work with but an interesting outcome.

11. Droid Hollow Bastion Committee

1. Roaringflames ~ Fire, so eye catching. You worked a pretty basic stock of him into a very nice piece, well done.

2. Saxima ~ I love it's soft, simplest feel, even thought it looks rather intricate. The image of Axel is very nice, you did a good job of filling the voids in the image, lovely.

3. Sumi ~ Many different feelings about this one. I like the black and white, the image, and those square things..very well done. The only quibble I have is the border, a different kind or the absence of one might look better.

12. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Misty, you really opened the voting on St. Patrick's Day night? B|

The three Axel ones are <3
    Roaringflames - Oh my god. This is beautiful. The fire effects. The way Axel is burning his way into the tag. The text. Misty might kill you for putting the render dead center, but it works so much here. The only thing I don't like is Axel's image; not sure why, but it seems a bit too sharpened? Spritish? Not sure. Winner by far

2.Saxima - Perfect subject placement. Perfect shade of red. Perfect render. The only thing is that, to me, Axel needs a teensy bit less gradient over him.
    3. Sumi - Again, Axel<3 (And I'm a Luxord fan boy) Nice background, nice choice of render (Or maybe I'm just saying that because it's the same I used), the squares are nicely placed, but I don't like the lack of color. I know that's a popular thing when it comes to graphics, and I'm by far an amateur, but I don't like black and white tags too much. That's the only drawback though.

Also, honorable mention to Krowley: I really love the concept you're going for here.

13. Misty gimme kiss

Don't judge me. >:

1. Sumi: I like the effects (bonus points for using a stock with a nice flow), especially those squares (though I wish you could see them a bit better), I just think you need to pull back and establish a focus a little. Axel gets a bit lost in the mass distortion. Still, a nice job. =]
    2. Hayabusa: Despite not usually liking signatures with such a large stock, this one doesn't bother me much--it fits the theme. ;o The text is a bit gaudy imo, but I appreciate that you tried to do something more than just slap it on. It also looks like there's a fair attempt at light behind Axel which some of the others lacked.
    3. Roaringflames: This one initially caught my eye because I quite like the middle focal point you have going, but the white negative space feels very out of place and the white 'chaos flare' text needs some smoothing. I do very much like the C4D work.

14. Roaringflames Merlin's Housekeeper

1. Sumi: very nice tag. Axel blends in with the background, yet has more focus on him, I like that. One thing you did bad was the squares I just don't like them with this tag.

2. Saxima: Axel blends in the tag well with the colors and text, you could add more gaidants/C4Ds.

3. Cookiie: I love the focus on Xion and the way the text is blended, could use some more background effects and such.

15. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Droid~ I just think one is beautiful, I love Saix and the monochrome style works very well. The textures really add to it.

RoaringFlames~
    the colours are lovely, the contrast between the white and the blacks and reds works really well. Good job.

Saxima~ I think the whole tag just works nicely with the circle background and the stock. I do think some higher contrasting would look nice as well though.

16. Misty gimme kiss

This one was really close! Sorry for the delay though, I've been ill. :c A big congrats to Roaringflames!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.