SotW Voting Signature of the week #79- Remix

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ienzo, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

[​IMG]
    no. 79
    [voting thread; votes due March 8th, 2012]
    REMIX

This is an idea from ye olde days (and by that I mean 2010) originally suggested by Jade where you take one of your old signatures and remake it however you want as long as some elements are the same. Please post both old and new signatures so we can compare.

Happy sigging!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you are unsure of how to vote then check out this thread here, anyone is welcome to vote but entrants MUST vote.

Plums
    Before:
    [​IMG]
    After:
    [​IMG]

Droid
    Before:
    [​IMG]
    After:
    [​IMG]

Misty
    Before:
    [​IMG]
    Aftrer:
    [​IMG]

Mixt
    Before:
    [​IMG]
    After:
    [​IMG]

Jade
    Before:
    [​IMG]
    After:
    [​IMG]

Llave de Espada
    Before:
    [​IMG]
    After:
    [​IMG]

Saxima
    Before:
    [​IMG]
    After:
    [​IMG]

Nights
    Before:
    [​IMG]
    After:
    [​IMG]

Dinny Grayson
    Before:
    [​IMG]
    After:
    [​IMG]

You are judging on both the second piece and how well they've improved it.

2. Llave Superless Moderator

Jade:
    The piece itself: I like the position of the character. Normally it would never look good to have them in the middle, but you tilted him and added complimentary flow on both sides which make it look satisfactory.
    The improvement: I really like what you did with the entity on the left of him. Cutting it down to more focused circles and blurring them to give movement in stillness. I also like what you did with the highlights, you gave more color. The original one was very monotone in color, mainly comprised of black and blues and then the gent sticks out being the only part with orange in it. But adding that orange tint in the second one really gave good flow. I also like how you sharpened him, gives more focus on him and makes him seem more powerful.

Misty:
    The piece itself:
    I really like the faded feel about this piece. It gives it a vintage feel, and almost in a candid manner. The word bubble with the heart in it is really cute.
    The improvement:
    Making the second piece bigger was a good idea, it gives more room for the stock. I think the things that really make it better are the improvements. The original had a sort of distortion in the background, and it just wouldn't work with the remix. The original had text, and you did the same thing only it looks like you used a PS brush for that. I like how subtle it is, contrasting completely from the original.

Saxima:
    The piece itself:
    It is very basic, but I think that's why I like it so much. very clean and distinct lines, and yet, the blurs really work well with it. It has flow, makes my eyes move and and the bright spot just takes me back to make my eyes flow over the piece all over again. A huge kudos there.
    The improvement:
    This is very evident. I see such a huge improvement, in color, clean lines, composition, and yet it's just about the same as the remix, but it looks like a whole new piece in itself! The original was a deadpan for the eyes, they just stay there, but the remix makes them zoom around everywhere. This was a huge improvement and it's really fun to see the progression of your skill.

3. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

1. Jade
    Initial piece : I absolutely love the composition, how it kind of plays with perspective in a way with the background. I also love the placement of the stock. I also love the colours and the play with the light-like effects. Very strong piece to begin with.
    Remixed : Only gets better. The colours are totally amped up and it's just gorgeous. It's a lot more sharp than the original and this signature brings more life - as compared to the original. Fantastic, minimal changes to a strong piece totally won me over.

2. Misty
    Initial piece : Can I just say, I absolutely adore your stock? Haha. Very high quality and nice to look at. I love the black and white - very strong. However, I'm not to keen on the text though, it's quite out of place for me but not too much. I still really do like it. I love the solid colours.
    Remixed : In love with it the moment I saw this. Holy crud, this is just adorable beyond reason. I love everything about it: enlarged stock, explosion of colours, speech bubble with the heart, the text and ugh. Everything. Absolutely gorgeous. The improvement is really great. I had such a hard time deciding for my votes. This was just so incredible.

3. Droid
    Initial piece : You know (at least i think so... D: /fail) I loved this very signature when you first made it. Ciely is just adorable and the stock is amazing. Love the simplicity.
    Remixed : Improvement is also stunning. I love how you enlarged the stock and I love the colours - they seem more vibrant. I love the play on the text on Ciel's back. That was clever. I also like how the border isn't as defined - I think it looks nicer c:

4. Jade Traverse Town Homebody

1. Misty
    Original: I remember this! hahahah. I like it a lot. That style of smudging is really something you did quite often and it was never a bad thing.
    Remix: I'm a sucker for minimalism. Vector shapes also get to me hahaha. The colouring is really nice too. The best thing though is seeing a completely different style. That's something that really wins me over in themes like these is seeing a different style with the same piece.

2. Plums
    Original: It's not my favourite, but it's why I'm voting for this second because...
    Remix: Bamph! It just shows a lot of improvement in colouring and composition. Totally different style and it's pretty cool. :)

3. Espada
    Original:
    I really like the washed out tones, and the faded contrast.
    remix:
    I love how you keep those washed out tones, and just do different things entirely. It's a pretty nice result. :)

5. Daxa~ #stalker

Ohh,all of these are ever so very pretty <3~

Llave de Espada
    Before:The colours are lovely,the whole piece has a very smooth feel to it,ever so much love.
    After:The backgound is just beautiful. The colours,the lighting,it just really draws attention to the main stock,and just...yes. Lovely.

Plums
    Before:The smudge effect is rather nice,adds a sense of mystery to the piece.
    After:I just adore this. Everything looks great,and that little purple thingy is just adorable.

Droid
    Before:Woof. Oh Ciel,how I love you. The whole thing looks wonderful,text perfect,just..omnomnom.
    After:I really like what you have done with the lighting (?) here,making the whole thing brighter. And seeing a close up of Ciel is always nice. c:

6. Misty gimme kiss

1. Plums: The remixed version isn't (imo) the best tag up there, but I think your two pieces show the greatest amount of improvement. The composition of the first tag was pretty off (though I believe this was one of your first tags so all is forgiven), so this one is a vast improvement. I think right now what you're missing is a focus and flow, but still, nice revision!
    2. Jade: A really close second, but I put Plums first because yours was more minor adjustments--which is fine, as the original tag was really good too, and the adjustments you made are really nice! I think my favorite bit is that the colors are more vivid, and the much needed sharpening.
    3. Mixt: Big improvement from the last! The text is much subtler, which is good, and the colors are more unified.

7. Droid Hollow Bastion Committee

1. Llave de Espada

Before: I liked this one the first time you showed it off, the darkness and stock was nice.
    After: You really improved this piece allot, I love the...whoosh thing around the stock and that the empty part of the piece is filled enough to blance. Excellent work Llave~

2. Saxima

I'm judging this on the vast improvement, you really took this and transformed into a very nice piece. Even the text is much nicer, and the swooshes and stuff are cool. Great remix dear.

3. Plums

Before: I like the before version okay, it's very simple, but a nice tag.
    After: The after piece is a testament to ZOOM OUT. xD I love the colors and the sparks, the stock is also really good. A great improvement indeed.

8. Plums Wakanda Forever

1. Droid

This is one of the ones that stuck out to me the most. I really liked the faded border you had around the image, and dat glowing effect on the text on her back. <3 Overall, I feel like this was the most improved piece. The render was sized much better, and the text works far better than it did in the original. All in all, it's really great. c:

2. Jade

I really liked the bichromatic lighting you had on the sig. It gave the bubbles a real depth to them as opposed to how they were in the first piece, and it quickly draws your eye to the focal easier/quicker.

3. Dinny Grayson

I thought that the fractal in the remix added some very noice composition there, and it gave it quite a bit more depth than the original. Though I do think that the smudgy curvy line around Marceline's arm could use a tad bit more blending into the sig, but overall I thought it was really good.

9. Saxima [screams geometrically]

There were some really nice changes in here, everyone did a lovely job ~

Droid ~ It looks like you've got a better handle on textures and knowing that using to much contrasting color could look . . . pretty eh. The remix looks great, and surely if I were into Kuroshitsuji, I'd use it. The brighter colors look nicer, t and your movement of the text to blend more and look less out there was a nice move. Nice job.

Misty ~ Not that the sig wasn't great at first, because I'm particularly fond of color splash the the text was kinda eh. In the remix, my favorite part of it was the pastel-feel of it. Not doing anything to the background as you had before looks nice and simple, and the speech bubble with the hear was a nice touch. Putting that word on the background, making it behind him was lovely. Very nice job.

Jade ~ Really, there's not much change, both of them look very nice, but I can see the changes, not matter how small they are. I'm partial to the original myself, mostly because I like darker colors, but by making it lighter in the remix, you made the original stock stand out nicely. I also like the orange-y tinge of the whole thing. Nice job.

10. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

It was incredibly close this week but the winnder goes to.... Jade! So well done, you win a pin :D

~Thank you to everyone who participated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.