SotW Voting Signature of the Week #74- Legend of Zelda

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ienzo, Nov 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

[​IMG]
    no. 74
    [voting thread; voting ends December 1st, 2011]
    Legend of Zelda

As suggested by DPWolf , this week's theme is Legend of Zelda to celebrate it's 25th Anniversary AND Skyward sword release. EXCITING STUFF! You can use any stock, render or still from Legend of Zelda.

Happy voting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you are unsure of how to vote then check out this thread here, anyone is welcome to vote but entrants MUST vote.

Noroz
    [​IMG]

Chevalier
    [​IMG]

Nerdy Ninja
    [​IMG]

2. Noroz I Wish Happiness Always Be With You

1) Chev. Even though I don't really like the proportions, (I like sigs to be more dragged out), Most of this is gorgeous. I feel like it misses an element though, top left center feels a little bit empty. Besides from that, its gorgeous.

2) NN. It seems somewhat messy. There is a lot going on in the picture, and I think you could have done more to make it flow together properly. However, the colors match the render (I'm guessing you've used the render to colorize?), and the render blends fairly well.

3. I'm not going to vote for myself.

3. Stella Nox Fleuret Hollow Bastion Committee

1) Chevalier.
    A beautiful mix of effects makes this beautiful. It feels like flares.

2) Noroz.
    What I said on the forum you made for this Signature. I like the lack of text.

3) Nerdy Ninja.
    The Image goes well with the background. Well done.

4. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

1. Noroz- Out of everyone your sig is the one I would probably use. I like the picture and the background is pretty cool. I would have put some kind of text though.
    2. NN: I like how the picture really fits well with the background.
    3. Cheve- I don't know... For something reason it just doesn't appeal to me... The picture looks good but... I guess I don't like it not stretched out..

5. Chevalier Crystal Princess

Noroz: It's a decent signature. But I feel that it would benefit more from actually putting some more thought into the lighting and depth. Also, the focal point is positioned far too much to the side. It leaves an empty gap.

NN: It's a good use of green, but using links face in the background seems a bit creepy. The text and overall effects could use a little bit of work.

3.Yeah, no. Lol.

6. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

1) Chevalier: I like this because of the lack of text, the effects and high quality image is just amazing. Text would have ruined it I think.
    2) Noroz: I like the effects but I feel the stock is a bit too blended in, I think it's good that you took away the text as I think it looks better without
    3) Nerdy Ninja: I do quite like this, the greens blend well together and the stock is also blended in well. I like the text and the flow is nice. I think the render should take up more of the signature though.

7. Misty gimme kiss

1. Chevalier: I think I mentioned this to you on MSN but my major gripe with this tag is how grainy/gritty it feels, and not in a good way. I'm not sure if it's due to oversharpening or that's just how the stock is, but it bothers me. The other thing is the stock placement, it just feels very off. Otherwise, the effects are quite lovely and I'm liking that Greentunic fractal down there, haha.
    2. Noroz: I like to see that you are kind of playing around with different effects and styles, but this lacks two things: interesting effects and composition. Link is squished kind of off to the side, which is difficult to pull off in itself, but it also leaves a great deal of negative space, which is not to your advantage in this tag. Which brings me to my next point: you have a pretty nice background going, but it needs something more, to me. Still, not a bad job! I think it could just use a bit more work.
    3. Nerdy Ninja: Try to pull back a little; I know Photoshop/Gimp has a lot of cool filters & effects and it's good to play around with them, but it looks like you slapped three or four quite dominating ones on that it draws away from the sig itself.

8. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

This week was very close! Everyone did great! But this week's winner was Chevalier!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.