SotW Voting Signature of the Week #73 - Freestyle

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Misty, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Misty gimme kiss

[​IMG]
    no. 73
    [voting thread; votes counted 8 november 2011]
    FREESTYLE

This week we're due up for our Freestyle theme! In this round, anything goes--enter whatever type of signature you'd like! (also ienzo and i are doing such a great job coordinating rite)

Happy voting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you are unsure of how to vote then check out this thread here, anyone is welcome to vote but entrants MUST vote.

Feenie
    [​IMG]

Bushy Brow
    [​IMG]

Equa
    [​IMG]

Ienzo
    [​IMG]

Droid4Productions
    [​IMG]

miaulement
    [​IMG]

Misty
    [​IMG]

DPWolf
    [​IMG]

Chevalier
    [​IMG]

Roaringflames
    [​IMG]

Laplace
    [​IMG]

Destiny's hand
    [​IMG]

Suzuha Amane
    [​IMG]

Rоxаs
    [​IMG]

Nerdy Ninja
    [​IMG]

Beyond Birthday
    [​IMG]

Jade
    [​IMG]

Trigger
    [​IMG]

2. Stella Nox Fleuret Hollow Bastion Committee

This week is really difficult to choose from. Hm...

1) Chevalier - A beautiful blend. I love the effects and backgrounds.
    2) Jade - Beautiful effects and colours. Like Chevalier, it all works well together.
    3) Laplace - Very colourful. Like the others, it blends well.

3. Plums Wakanda Forever

misty you betch raise the voting limit to five

1. Trigger
    This is beyond gorgeous. I really really like the black and white over the stock, and the red on the side of it (cannot tell if that is a fractal or a stock image) really works alongside the black and white. I also really love the text placement, and the lighting is excellent.

2. miaulement
    It's simple, but it's also reallyreally kyoot.

3. Roxas
    First of all, dat smudging. <3
    Anyway, I really liked the text; the colors were perfect with Captain America.
    The only thing I'm a bit iffy on is how blurred the backgroud is, but other than that it is pretty amazing.

4. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Chevalier - This was absolutely beautiful. I love the colours and lighting effect as well as quality of the stock. XD

Feenie - Mami! O_O *cough* This is amazing. It has a simple feel to it, but that shows off Mami well and I love again like I said with Chev's, the lighting and the colours.

Ienzo - This was also great, I love the scratchy effect and the circles and stuff :P The colours and overall feel and style of the piece suit the character of Ulquiorra well too.

5. Droid Hollow Bastion Committee

So many entrants..

1. Rоxаs ~ You got me with Captain America, plus it's got a great flow to it and the text works, excellent job.
    2. Misty ~ I like the soft feel it has, dunno about the border, but I really like it.
    3. Suzuha Amane ~ I'm not sure why, but I love this piece. The dark colors, effect, and flow just make it work for me.

6. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

Hnnnng. So.Many.CHOICES ;~;

Misty: I really like this, it's very nice to look at. Not to mention the colours go really well especially with that really nice, smooth flow you have going there.

Roxas: Really liking this one, especially the text and the smudging!

Ienzo: I love the contrast between the black and white and how much the render fits in with those colours. Also dem circles are nifty.

7. Chevalier Crystal Princess

Laplace: Colors look so great to me. And well, I'm a sucker for shapes with lots of colors. It's your standard fanfare, but it works.
    Roxas: I'm not particularly in love with this one, but I can tell you've improved so much just from seeing this signature. So I really believe you deserve some form of mention.
    Equa: This is a really unconventional looking signature. And while in terms of skill, others seem to be better, the text and feel of this one seems a bit less "forced" if that makes any sense.

why did I do all this customization for voting?

8. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

1) Roxas- I remember first seeing this and just gonig "Wow..." because I just loved the text, the blur of the background also makes the render (that is HQ) stand out. Good job!
    2) Equa- I just love this one, I can feel the emotion in this piece with the dominant red colours and the man's expression, very nice.
    3) Feenie- I think the flow in the signature is good and even though it's simpel it's a very nice piece as the colours go well together and the effects are lovely.

... Well that was hard >.< There were so many.

9. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

Yeah, this is indeed gonna be hard.

Chevalier: Loving the simplicity of the colors and effects.

Jade: Lovely, I enjoy the effects and overall feel, but the colors could improve a bit.

Roxas: Very nice depth and text, but the foreground and lightning have room for improvement.

10. Destiny's hand Traverse Town Homebody

Ooh, So hard...
    1. Trigger: I love love love the Roses in the right. It adds a bright splash of color, and a nice effect. I also like the bottom.
    2. Chevalier: Reeeally like the different tones of Blue, Purple and Pink. I also love the bubbles.
    3. Misty: Ooh, so Pretty~ and Riku~ I like what you did here with the text and the effect in the background. They fit in nicely.

11. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

1. Roxas
    I already gave my critique in your threat about it. Nice going.

2. Jade
    Beautiful. I'm surprised I haven't seen your work before if it is this pretty. My only complaint is that bright line coming down by her face; it is too straight and drags the eye away from the organic feeling of the rest of the image.

3. Equa
    The least flawed of the remaining works, after much deliberating. A little too simple, but you can't go wrong if you don't do anything.

If I may critique a few of these:

Chev: Your render is too faded, and I don't like how monotone your tag is. I understand that you may may have meant for it to be that way, but I dislike it. While it has depth, nothing is present, all of it is distant behind a cloud of lighting, and I can't tell what you were trying to do. Clarity should come with simplicity in my book.

Laplace: Your brushes are too hard. Your splatter brushes especially look slapped on and unfitting because they are so solid and shiny.

Plums: Your render is too ridged, or pixelated. Blending is important, and I tend to dislike true black even more if you don't blend with it.

Beyond Birthday: It lacks flow and could be made better simply by duplicating the stock layers and overlaying them with different layer filters at different opacities. It could easily be made better, and I can't see the effort that went into it other than adding C4Ds.

Trigger: Your orb in the center doesn't blend properly or else it would have gotten my vote. The edges of it are rugged and it doesn't look smooth.

12. miaulement Traverse Town Homebody

Ahhhh... so many great entries...!
    Jade - All I can say is... WOW! I absoloutely love the colors and all the effects!! It's really beautiful, very well done!
    Trigger - I just love the whole concept of this, honestly. Also, everything goes really well together!
    Destiny's hand - I really love the picture you used on this. I also believe there is some bokeh in this? I love it!

13. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

1-misty, thats nice, yhea, DDD looks cool, the purple effect is interesting
    2-Chev, its hard to clean up all the nose blood, iliked it, the centerized, starry-effect is interesting at lea=st
    3-Droid4, interesting, i like the frame and the text gave it "life" but its still just a frame with text, next time use some effects, like misty did

14. Sumi suicidé

Ohhh my goodness everyone's got such great entries. ;_; /quietly goes to cry

1.) Laplace - super smooth, super colourful, super lovely. it makes me happy when i see it!
    2.) Jade - amazing! there are parts that i felt were too bright or too dark but overally amazing. the text could use some improvement as well, but i like the font.
    3.) Suzuha Amane/Plums - i think something other than black could be used as a background but otherwise i really like all the fractally, broken up bits. you're getting so good in so little time!

also wanted to mention i lovelovelove Misty and DPWolf and Trigger's pieces.
    Misty: the colours and render and your text (as always) are mind blowing - i think Riku could be blended into the background a little more, though, and i felt like it wasn't complete
    DPWolf: i love how metallic it feels!
    Trigger: i couldn't get a good feel for what was going on but i thought it was pretty and you have a unique style for sure

15. Doukuro Chaser

Jade: I can't do text to save my life so commenting on it feels wrong, but it just stands out in a strange way. I suppose it's nice, like making it look like a card if that was intended, but... Besides that everything flows nicely and it is pleasant to look at.

DP Wolf: Smooth background, cool effects, and a nice touch of red to an otherwise cool colored scene. Maybe a bit too blurry though.

Laplace: Little on the bright side and some splatters seem...what's the word...grindy? Not a real word, but yeah. Out of place, sharp. Very colorful and fun though.

All of my focus and words are going to NaNo so excuse the choppy sentences here. Either way all of these were really nice, tough picks and close calls everywhere.

16. Glen Returned from the dead

1st for Trigger's because i just love the simplicity of it. The shape, the dull colours...awesome.

2nd for Miaulement's. The adorableness <3 i love the work with the image itself too!

and 3rd for..Droid4Productions' beccause it's a fitting thing for Riku, the image itself was worked nicely with the colours. Nice job.

17. Trigger hewwo uwu

Jade : This is honestly beautiful. The colors are great, the lighting is very nice and the way the stock blends in was done wonderfully. I'm not feeling the text so much, but it's still nice.

Roxas : The colors compliment each other, and the text is done well, coupled with great depth. Like Laplace said, though, the lighting could be improved upon.

Chevalier : I love this. The colors and depth are outstanding. The lighting really adds and keeps it from being too monotone.

18. Misty gimme kiss

oh god i forgot to vote

1. Chevalier: love love love. <3 how do you make this and say you are in a slump. The light is bootiful and that is some damn fine depth.
    2. Roxas: The only thing I think this sig could use is some light--it feels a little dark. Maybe some more effects, too, but that's not a big deal to me. I love the text, though!
    3. Jade: Really terrific flow, effects, and light... but dem colors. D: A little too sewer-y for my tastes. But still, a really nice job!

Aaaaaand Roxas is the winner!
    _LOCKED

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.