SotW Voting Signature of the Week #72- Birth by Sleep

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ienzo, Oct 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

[​IMG]
    no. 72
    [voting thread; entries due October 23rd, 2011]
    BIRTH BY SLEEP

As suggested by Ms. Riss (or Shiek), this week's theme is Birth by Sleep to celebrate it's birthday (that was last month but oh well). You can use any stock or render from Birth by Sleep.

Happy sigging!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you are unsure of how to vote then check out this thread here, anyone is welcome to vote but entrants MUST vote.

Equa
    [​IMG]

Nerdy Ninja
    [​IMG]

€atastrophe
    [​IMG]

Misty
    [​IMG]

Plums
    [​IMG]

Stearinlys
    [​IMG]

Day~Dream
    [​IMG]

glamergal234
    [​IMG]

2. Stella Nox Fleuret Hollow Bastion Committee

Plums ~ I just love it.
    Misty ~ The same - I just love it.
    €atastrophe ~ The quote has a lot of meaning to it. I just love it.

3. Glen Returned from the dead

Day~Dream- Loved the small circles everywhere. Colours blended well together. A truly touching piece of work.
    Equa- Absolutely love the effect you used on Aqua. Colours go well together, great work :P
    €atastrophe- Shatter effect got to me. It looks amazing. Only negative point i could find about it was that part of it looks like Ven's got something shoved through his head.

4. Sumi suicidé

Misty - that's gorgeous. seriously. the colours especially are nice and I have no clue what you did basically but i like it.
    Equa - simple, yet refreshing and telling.
    Plums - love the blue!

5. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Oh wow. I got votes...

Also, just look at some of the shards of glass and the "K" in broken. Those little details took me like three hours to figure out and perfect.

Misty~Do I need to explain?
    Equa~It's simple, yet it has this charm to it. Yiu style just appeals to me.
    Ploo-Hems~Broski! It looks so GOOD!

6. Plums Wakanda Forever

Misty: If you are not proud of this one my brain can't process of what you are proud of. ._. That being said, dat smudging was sexy, and I liked the lightning effect you had coming off of Ven's arm.

Equa: The red and blue on Terra/Aqua really stood out to me.

Day~Dream: dem circles <3 Sora and Riku looked a bit overly blurred tome, but it actually worked well with the circles/shooting ven star

7. Misty gimme kiss

1. Equa: Once again, something about this just gets me. The colors are so vibrant and lovely, and it just has this ethereal feeling to it. I would like to see you perhaps branch out some more, but for now, gorgeous.
    2. Stearinlys: I think the start you have has very good potential, but there doesn't appear to be much going on, and the darkness of the tag sort of reads as an attempt to cover that up. Negative space is a powerful tool, but too much of it can make the tag feel empty.
    3. Plums: My biggest issue is the colors. Try not to drown out your colors completely, unless you're doing a B&W tag. The whole thing just feels quite monotone.

8. Day~Dream Kingdom Keeper

Misty- I LOVE the colors and smudging you've got going on, on Ventus. It really gives off this dark yet peaceful dormant feeling.

Catastrophe- That shatter effect is amazing combined w/ Ven's anger, really gives it that power and emotion, also the text, it's really fitting and just hits home with me.

Equa- It's simple, yet there's something about it that really jumps out at you. The light and vibrant colors is what makes this extraordinary and so mesmerizing and just down right calming.

9. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

1. Misty - Just beautiful. Very nice work with everything. I would use it if I were you.
    2. Stearinlys - Another beautiful tag, but I think the background color does not mix with the render well. Too much contrast and not enough chiaroscuro to make up for it.
    3. Equa - The least annoying of the remaining works.

10. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

1) glamergirl234- I really liked this one, the bright colours were sort of in contrast to Vanitas which amuses me xD I love it, keep it up. I also love the shapes and how he's not standing straight. ^^
    2) Misty- What can I say? I just love the circles xD The electrical bit coming our Ven's arm looks a little out of place yet for some reason I think it's fine.. alright that sounded odd but what I mean is I think it's beautiful <3 Like a stormy sky.
    3) Equa- Sometimes simple is just better, I think this was very nice... it may have worked better just using one of them but still, much love.

11. Roaringflames Merlin's Housekeeper

Wow It's getting easier to judge SoTW apperantly.

Misty- Utter perfection, I just love how you blended the circle into the smudging and how my eyes are just drawn to the render. The lightning looks a bit out of place, but the rest of the sig balances it out, This is a true master piece. Please make a tut of this because it's perfect.

Plums- I like how in some places it's just colorful and different from the tag, I also like that it is grayscaled and different from the rest of hauls. If Misty Didn't compete, this would be first for me.

Equa- So simple yet so over-gaidanted, I think you should work on backgrounds a bit, but this is a type of Eye-candy, keep up the good work.

12. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Congratulations Misty! You win a dashing pin

[​IMG]

Thank you to all the entrants too, amazing work!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.