SotW Voting Signature of the Week #71 - The World Ends With You

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Misty, Sep 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Misty gimme kiss

[​IMG]
    no. 71
    [voting thread; votes due october 07, 2011]
    THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU

To celebrate Neku being added to the Dream Drop Distance cast, this week's theme features the video game The World Ends With You. Your signature can use any character from the series; if you'd like, you can make use of the screenshots of Neku in KH3D!

Happy sigging!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you are unsure of how to vote then check out this thread here, anyone is welcome to vote but entrants MUST vote.

€atastrophe
    [​IMG]

Misty
    [​IMG]

Marushi
    [​IMG]

Equa
    [​IMG]

DPWolf
    [​IMG]

Plums
    [​IMG]

2. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

DPWolf~ Wow, amazing job! I must say, after playing TWEWY for almost two weeks straight, I think you've captured the awesomeness of the game very well.
    Plums~ Again, great job! I especially like the background, but one thing I didn't like was how it sort of bleeds through Mr. H's shirt. I don't know if that was intentional or not, but I just didn't feel it.
    Misty~ Even though yours was pretty basic, I still really liked it. It was simple and understated, and I love Minamimoto. Major points for using the most imaginative Reaper on the crew.

3. Misty gimme kiss

1. Equa: I am... oddly attracted to this. It's very simple, perhaps overly, but I like that a lot. Some small texture/pattern in the background, and a bit of work with light, might have gone a long way in here, but there's something very compelling about the current state.
    2. Plums: A really big improvement from what I've seen from you. =] There are some problems with the render (little to no blending, feels a little slapped on, and it doesn't look like the best cut), but nice. o:
    3. DPWolf: I think this one has the most interesting effects of the bunch. I think the biggest problem, though, is the sharpening/quality. It looks like the stock was a bit low quality to begin with, and then things were oversharpened, to the point where it looks gritty, not in a good way. I'm unsure how much is your fault, though--I do like the kind of space-y feel it has, though.

4. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

Misty - I really love the outcome on this! It's very simple and it works well also the colours are awesome!

DPWolf - This is pretty awesome. I especially love the background and the position of Neku in conjunction to it, also the little sparks and such add a really nice touch.

Plums - The colours in the background on this one really seem to fit with the render and the render itself is pretty cool! Great job

5. Stella Nox Fleuret Hollow Bastion Committee

Misty ~ Because Sho rocks. :3 It just generally fits well together. Nice S in the background.

DPWolf ~ The background is really good, and so is the image, but the lightning effects around Neku's hands could have been minimized and the image does look a bit..well, his hair doesn't like the background, it seems, and it does look unmerged on the left side. But it's good.

Marushi ~ Although the image is quite blurry, I still think that the combination of all those images works well together.

6. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Wolfie~ God, you never cease to steal the show woman... it's just perfect. ;~;

Plums~ Well, Hankoma seems a bit out of place (the color scheme SCREAMS Shiki to me) but it's still a nice tag.

Misty~ The subtle "S" in the background for Sho is very cute, and it looks great.

7. Plums Wakanda Forever

Wolfie: The background looks like a giant psych Neku's about to use. And it's really crisp and just pretty much fantastic. ;~;

Equa:
    I don't know what it is about this one, but I really like it. It's simple, but it actually seems like alternate artwork you would see for the beginning/end of that part in the game.

Misty: no circles my body is not ready I liked the S in the background, and the smudging was really good. I think Sho was a bit to bright around his hat, but the lighting is coming down onto Sho so that is probably me just being picky. xD

8. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Misty: I love the color scheme you used for him, if I've gathered right, his name is Sho? Anyway, the border doesn't detract from anything like it usually does for me.

Wolfie: Neku blends into this so well, the color purple, although it's everywhere, doesn't look overused because all of the other colors go well with it too.

Plumsy: Although it's kinda big, I like the beige that's in here. I don't know the guy's name, but the fractals behind him are pretty great and the reversal of the words tickles me.

Good job you guys.

9. Sumi suicidé

Misty ~ Ohhh this makes me feel things! The colours are so gorgeous. I just can't. <3
    DPWolf ~ This was really hard to put in second! ;-; The background, colours, and overall energy are so great! I felt like Neku off placement somehow, though.
    Plums ~ The only really irking thing was the text. It's really gorgeous otherwise. You're improving so quickly! <3

10. Chevalier Crystal Princess

NoOoOoO, I totally forgot about this. And I had something for it too T_______T

[​IMG]

I.Misty: It's not your best. But it's not bad, it has nice smudging, it has some good light and it's overall a proper tag. it still needs some flair, because it fails to deliver it. It gets first place because you got everything correct and the skill with what you know was used correctly.

II.Catastrophe: Actually, technically speaking, there are those who sort of did better. However, this one gets second place for me because of the creativity surrounding it. There's color everywhere and you tried to place shapes to compliment the stock, shapes always go well with 2D stocks. I believe this deserves a second spot merely because of that.

III.DPWolf: I see what you were trying to do with the effects, but for some reason, I feel it fails to completely come together. Overall, the effects surround the stock very well, but the similar sharpness between objects makes it feel somewhat flat. Really nice, regardless.

11. Misty gimme kiss

[​IMG]

This one was really close! Nice work from everyone, but DPWolf is the winner this time around. Congrats!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.