Shuffled off this musical coil

Discussion in 'Music' started by Misty, May 7, 2015.

1. Misty gimme kiss

A game for the music section, because I love it and I miss it -- &, back in the day, I was the queen of shuffle memes.

Nothing terribly innovative here, or complex. Place your entire library on shuffle, give us the results, and tell us about them. No skips; that's cheating. I'll place the recommendation for each post at ten, but repeat much as you like.

01. Yoko Shimomura - Song of Mana ~Orchestral Version~

From the memória! collection, which I downloaded mostly for the (gorgeous) version of Vector to the Heavens. I've never played Legend of Mana, but this is a pretty track -- definitely has the Shimomura charm.

02. Bloc Party - Biko
    Once my favorite Bloc Party song (and album), but more recently I've warmed to the simple charms of Silent Alarm. Intimacy remains a favorite album cover.

03. Koji Haishima - Atonement
    Never in my life have I played a Resident Evil game. A few semesters back, I took a communications class and it involved group work -- I was friendly with one of the guys in my regular group, and he at one point gave me a flash drive filled with some of his favorite video game soundtracks. I didn't listen to most of them but haven't had the heart to delete them. They turn up in my shuffles quite often and make me appear more of a soundtrack person than I really am.

04. Grouper - I'm Dragging a Dead Deer Up A Hill

Grouper is unique. Very quiet, very atmospheric -- Heavy Water/I'd Rather Be Sleeping off this album has an enchanting melody. good for when you need to just space for a bit.

05. Lullaby for the Working Class - Boar's Nest
    A byproduct of a Bright Eyes obsession back in the day (they're signed to Saddle Creek). There are a few good tracks here, but the era/sound here hasn't aged well for me.

06. alex trimmer - The Last Thing I Do
    Oh boy. Remember when a member here released an album? I don't know if any traces remain of it on the net. I still listen, Alex. To this, and to your new(er) stuff.

07. Vitamin String Quartet - One-Eighty By Summer
    who doesn't love VSQ, really? This is from their Taking Back Sunday collection. I once went on a big VSQ binge and downloaded all their tributes to groups I recognized. TBS has always had good melodies, they make for great orchestral material.

08. Parenthetical Girls - Here's to Forgetting
    Off the debut album, which remains the best (((GRRRLS))) album as I cannot count the Privilege collection as just an album.

09. Die Antwoord - Hey Sexy
    A new addition to my library. I saw Chappie weeks ago and it had a sort of weird charm, and urged me to finally check out Die Antwoord -- which I didn't do until a few days ago. I've not listened to their entire catalogue yet, but everything I'm fond off hails from Donker Mag.

10. blink-182 - Stockholm Syndrome
    I don't think about this song enough. I had my blink era, probably on the tail end of 2008 -- late by most standards considering they were long broken up by then. And truthfully, I love all their albums in different ways (at least, all those up to and including the self-titled). I remember this song being big for me, but today I can't remember the last time I properly listened to it. I still love Hoppus's last verse.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  2. Karuta Reborn

1. Nujabes - Homeward Journey (House Edit)
    From my massive Nujabes library. Homeward Journey is a great track but I haven't actually listened to this edit much.

2. Neutral Milk Hotel - Avery Island/April First
    On Avery Island is one of my favourite albums of all time, and this instrumental track is really soothing. Serves as a great "calm down" track between Where You'll Find Me Now and Gardenhead/Leave Me Alone

3. Bones - RazorRamone (Feat. Himself The Majestic)
    Decent track from my obsession with Bones from a while ago that I've kind of grown out of recently. 1MillionBlunts isn't a great album overall, but has a few nice tracks, like this one, on it.

4. Bladee - Bladeecity ft. Yung Lean (Prod. Josh Diamond)
    Very catchy. Not much to say about it. Haven't listened to GTBSG in a while but I'll occasionally throw on the compilation and this track is one of my favourites.

5. Goreshit - Kemibu Dance!
    This track is something else. It's the track I play when people ask me "what's goreshit?". Fun to listen to on long car rides just for the "wtf is going on" factor.

6. Godspeed You! Black Emperor - The Dead Flag Blues

F♯A♯∞ is a pretty damn amazing release. Makes me think of school because I use this album for study all the time, along with GY!BE's other releases too, which all make for great study music.

7. Tyler, The Creator - Partyisntover / Capfire / Bimmer ft. Lætitia Sadier & Frank Ocean
    I actually enjoyed Wolf a lot and this is probably one of my favourite tracks on the album. I really loved the whole story-telling experience of the whole thing. Pity Wolf the movie never happened

8. NicolArmarfi - School Days

From the Katawa Shoujo Enigmatic Box of Sound. Some of you probably know of my obsession with this game a few years ago (See: "Daily Katawa Shoujo thread" I - IV). This whole soundtrack is spectacular and this song in particular is great.

9. Nujabes - Feather (ft. Cise Starr & Akin)
    This songgggg omg. This is my go to "I'm really happy for some reason and need to illustrate that by playing a song really loudly" song.

10. Goreshit - Henrietta (Girls W/ Bombs original track)
    This little collab thingy Goreshit did with Girls W/ Bombs is pretty great. Very upbeat and happy and I'm pretty fond of this track in particular.

3. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

1. Captain Hook's Pirate Ship (Yoko Shimomura, Kingdom Hearts 1 Original Sountrack)
    Brings me back to those olden days, flying around Captain Hook's ship in Neverland. It's kind of eerie, like you know something's just going to come at you at any moment.

2. Gaston (Richard White and Jesse Corti, From Beauty and The Beast)
    I wish I could sing this song for my vocals class but I don't think I could have as much arrogance as Gaston. I really like this version of the song since they had to write up an ending, since in the movie the reprise almost right up next. I always liked that.

3. Pulled (Krysta Rodriguez, From the The Addams Family Musical)
    I had to sing this one for vocals a couple years ago and listening to it now makes me cringe, but it's just so catchy I can't stop myself, and the lyrics are really relateable.

4. It Makes Me Ill ('N Sync)
    Today on "Things I forgot about". I remember really liking this 'N Sync song because the main 'character' just sounds like he's so cool, and the beat is really nice.

5. Track 07, CD 6 (Mirai Nikki Soundtrack)
    This sounds really summerish and has served me well as good romantic writing music. It's calming and sort of what you'd have in the background if you were going to confess to someone you liked them.

6. Find My Way/Finale (Laura Bell Bundy, Legally Blonde Ensemble & Orfeh, From Legally Blonde the Musical)
    This is so kick-ass because the first part of the song really shows how the character has grown from the beginning of the Musical, and then ties up all the lose ends. It starts out slow but near the ending it goes back into the same tune from the beginning of the show and it's just so cute.

7. My Lullaby (Suzanne Pleshette, From Lion King 2)

I'm so embarrassed. This is the most badass song I've ever heard a female Disney Villain sing. Zira is such a great character, and they lyrics are really dark/bloodthirsty.

8. Any Moment / Moments In the Woods (Joanna Gleason, Robert Westenberg & Paul Gemignani, From Into the Woods (2007))

The Ultimate affair song. The second part is really telling and it has a much better message then the first, basically saying if life were made of good things you'd never know a good thing happened to you. It's really floaty and goes through a lot of emotions.

9. Who Am I? (Alfie Boe, Les Mis 25th Anniversary concert)

Alfie Boe's voice is so powerful and I love the whole Les Mis 25th Ann soundtrack, but I can't listen to it without thinking of the person who introduced me to the musical so I can't always enjoy it. There's such character vs self conflict and it goes through the question of "Who Am I?" which I feel is asked by ourselves, to ourselves a lot when we're making decisions.

10. Answer (Lee and Lie, Vocaloid)

THIS SONG BREAKS MY HEART but at the same time it sounds so cheerful. It isn't. Don't let it trick you. I love it but it makes me cry. Also Lee and Lie is such a great singer, all of her covers are fanastic.

4. muff monkey Twilight Town Denizen

01. all i ever wanted by the airborne toxic event
    forever and always my favorite band. i think this song explains so well why i'm terrified of relationships and marriage and all of that kind of stuff. it puts into words so well that we all fear that one day we're going to wake up and realize that we're alone and who we thought was going to be by our side forever actually isn't.

02. hate me by blue october
    this song is just sad and i've always loved it ever since it came out.

03. the clockwise witness by devotchka
    seriously i have too much music on my playlist and i thought this song had an amazing instrumental part to it and it DOES but it wasn't the one that i thought it was, lol.

04. wake me up by avicii
    i like to dance and this song will always be a song i can dance to. <3

05. jesus loves me by cocorosie
    cocorosie is seriously the best. i don't have anything else to say about this song except that when it comes on and i don't have headphones in people stare at me :c

06. red by tyler ward
    i absolutely LOVE taylor swift. but this cover, oh my goddddd. his voice is so beautiful. so adding this beautiful voice with a song i already love, it's so pretty. :'3

07. the only one by manchester orchestra
    HIS VOICE. i only ever started listening to manchester orchestra because of colly strings. and it was way different than what i expected, but i absolutely adore his voice and i find myself listening to them more and more often

08. body electric by lana del rey
    i actually don't think i like this song that much. but lana del rey is queen so it goes in my playlist.

09. sing by ed sheeran.
    literally it's ed sheeran. everything he sings is like a god singing. love.

10. (fork and knife) by brand new
    everything by brand new is absolutely fantastic.

5. 61 No. B

sweet

1. So Long Solider by All Time Low
    I kind of hate ATL. They have some catchy tunes, such as a lot of songs from this album (Don't Panic), but as people they're not a band I have any respect for. The song itself is okay but not one of my favorites from the album

2. Green Day by Green Day
    Weird that I just finished listening to this song and it's the second one that comes up on shuffle. I'm not hugely familiar with GD's early early stuff though I have been exploring it recently. This isn't one that I latched onto. I'll keep listening to it though.

3. If You're Quiet I'll Show You a Dinosaur by The Fall of Troy
    Gee I wish some songs I care about would start playing soon. I like this band and love this album but this is probably the one I come back to the least.

4. Ain't Got Nobody by Weezer
    Everything Will Be Alright in the End is perfect. This song is perfect.

5. Proof by Paramore
    I love this song. Next to Part 2 it's probably my favorite by them. This song has such an uplifting tone and I'm not sure if that was intentional. Listening to it immediately puts me in a better mood.

6. Let Us Burn One by Chiodos
    Oh man it's been years since I've listened to this album. I don't like Chiodos but this album's pretty sweet. Not much to say on the song itself since, again, it's not one of the ones I care for.

7. Choke by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
    I've been contemplating deleting this band from my library.

8. Mad-Nug by Hiroyuki Sawano
    I was hoping something from one of these scores would come up. I'm not much of a recreational soundtrack listener, but this stuff is amazing. I've not heard any of his other stuff but I image it'd be hard to top what he did with Unicorn.

9. Here We Are by Breaking Benjamin
    Oh, Breaking Benjamin. My feelings toward them are so mixed. This is one of my favorite songs by the band. Phobia was one of the big albums from my later childhood. I didn't like this one much as a kid but these days it's impossible for me to not see it as one of their best songs, if only for how much it deviates from their other stuff.

10. Charles Atlas by AFI
    I was hoping an AFI song would play so I could talk about how much I love AFI, but I've only heard this song once when I listened through the album. oops.

this was fun i want to do it again
    1. Hum Hallelujah by Fall Out Boy
    Infinity on High is one of those major albums of my middle school years that dramatically influenced my tastes in ways that can not be understated. I would like to say this is my favorite on the album, but as soon as I say that I think of 5 other songs I like just as much. Still, this song was always one that I latched onto for some reason and felt more personal than others. I'm not sure why.

2. Protex Blue by The Clash
    Even after exploring punk and finding classic bands that I like a lot in the genre, The Clash was never one that I was able to get into. Never listened to this song before.

3. Two as One by From First to Last.
    One of the two albums by this band I'm willing to listen to. If Matt Good's not singing, I want nothing to do with it. Song's pretty good. It's good for getting me excited to listen to the rest.

4. I Want to Master Life and Death by Drop Dead Gorgeous
    I used to be a fairly big DDG fan but never liked the album this song came from. This coming up has me wanting to go back and give it another shot. This song is pretty fantastic though. Catchy vocals.

5. Warning by Green Day
    Fine song. Nice little tune that's easy to listen to and walk away from calm and content.

6. Stinkfist by Tool
    I love this song. Not as much as I love Rosetta Stoned. Tool's a band that I like but find dull if I'm not in the right mood, however this song is good regardless.

7. Break Out by All Time Low
    i'm not talking about this band again

8. The Embrace by AFI
    Oh, good. AFI. And from one of my very favorite albums this time. Burials is such a spectacular album. It elevated the band from one that I have a passing interest in, to one of my top 5 favorites.

9. State Funeral by Anti-Flag
    that reminds me, I need to delete this. This band is so disgustingly political. I don't mind some politics in music but this is too much for me.

10. Sympathy by [japanese name] from Metropolis Soundtrack
    I don't have anything to say on this other than the music in this movie is so nice.

Last edited: May 10, 2015
  6. Misty gimme kiss

@Karuta , I need to get into Nujabes I think. Yung Lean, also.
    @Calxiyn establishing her soundtrack & musical cred over here.
    what a great song! CocoRosie is tops.
    I'm going to assume this is one of their newer songs? I'm enormously into the devil & god but don't listen to much outside of it for whatever reason.
    okay but have you heard carpal tunnel?

Re-rolling...

01. Ten in the Swear Jar - Sad Girl
    XITSJ is a byproduct of a Xiu Xiu obsession I had to abandon for mental stability, but I still indulge every now and then. Sad Pony Guerrilla Girl was always a favorite and this is like an easier to listen to version. Just don't think too much about the lyrics, or get sucked back in. Danger awaits. Tread lightly.

02. Bonobo - Solid Steel Intro
    I put on Bonobo in the background when I need to get things done sometimes. I don't recognize anything by title.

03. Sabrepulse - I <3 Voltage
    Sabrepulse is, effectively, the essential chiptune artist. Such a vast discography with songs for any mood. This isn't my favorite or the most memorable but Famicon Connection is very in your face -- it's nice to have a calmer track.

04. Gregoy and the Hawk - Kill the Turkey

I've not listened to much of the Gregory and the Hawk I have, but her voice is so quiet and sweet and whispery.

05. Lullatone - Stars on the Ceiling of a Planetarium
    Lullatone makes music for babies to listen to as they fall asleep, but adults can listen too I think. If you ever need to chill out & calm down, I highly recommend checking them out -- this is from one of their purely instrumental albums, I believe, but they do have songs with vocals (Plays Pajama Pop Pour Vous is a favorite -- and it's available NYP from Bandcamp!).

06. Clap Your Hands Say Yeah! - Upon This Tidal Wave Of Young Blood

I've been meaning to get into Clap Your Hands. For years I have loved The Skin Of My Yellow Country Teeth because it played in the background of an episode of The Office (one of the best, too), and it recently re-entered my playlists. They're playing near me too in August and I may go see them.

07. Paramore - Hello Hello

I got back into Paramore a few months ago and caught up on the majority of their discography (I didn't listen to anything beyond Riot, previously). I can't say I've memorized all the Demos, though, which this is. Not really digging the sound, a bit too strung out for me.

08. New Found Glory - Dressed to Kill

Oh man, this song. Remember when mall punk was super cool and desirable? I listened to this a lot and I am only a little ashamed most days.

09. Harry and the Potters - Problem Solving Skillz

Wizard rock is an essential addition to any music library/collection.

10. Casiotone for the Painfully Alone - Calloused Fingers Won't Make You Strong, Edith Wong
    I have neglected CFTPA for far too long, but for some reason I can only ever compel myself to listen to them in the wintertime, if then (with the exception of some songs, like Scattered Pearls and White Corolla). I may have to pay them the attention they deserve sometime soon.

7. 61 No. B

8. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

1. Five Minutes To Midnight - Boys Like Girls
    I probably got this song after my friend made me listen to all the Boys Like Girls songs. I really like it though. It makes me wanna dance around and sing, which I suck at.

2. I'd Hate to Be You When People Find Out What This Song is About - Mayday Parade
    Really Long Title. I really love this song, I could just listen to it again and again. I think I got this song after my first break up. This song also led me to my Mayday Parade listening spree.

3. If This Is The End (The Sound of Belief) - Greek Fire
    I got this after hearing On Top of The World in Big Hero 6. For some reason though, this song makes me want to hope for something, beyond all this.

4. Back Home - Yellowcard
    Yellowcard is seriously one of my favorite bands ever. The violin here is pretty good too. I've never left home though, so I don't really think much of this song. I can imagine how much it means to some people though. Especially those, who are feeling homesick.

5. High of 75 - Relient K
    Another one of my favorite bands. It's a nice song. Not sure what to say about it though.

6. Like We Used To - A Rocket To The Moon
    This song is just so sad. It break my heart every time I listen to it. Basically it's about wondering if the person who's dating your ex cares about them just as much as you used to.

7. Uma Thurman - Fall Out Boy
    Easily one of my favorite songs from this album. It's really catchy, and I love the beat.

8. Topics - Nevertheless
    Not sure when I got this, or when I last listened to this. I don't remember much from this song though.

9. Crazy Train (cover) - Forever The Sickest Kids
    This song makes me feel so hyper. I'm pretty sure I've listened to the original before, but this cover's all I have.

10. Grapevine - Wander
    Just recently found his band. I don't think much of them. They're not mindblowingly good, but they're not that bad either.

11. Attention - We Are The In The Crowd
    I know I was supposed to stop at 10, but I love this song so much I wanted to put it in. The song itself is really good. It's one of those songs I'd never ever skip. It sounds beautiful, plus the lyrics sound like some thing me and my friends would yell

9. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    I like this game! I'm excited to be a part of it:

1: "Poet and the Pendulum" - Nightwish
    Well, we're off to a GREAT start, aren't we? Not a huge Nightwish fan, but I do like a few of their albums, including this one. Anette is a great rock singer, but not a good fit for power metal. Still, this is a fun, epic track. Also, long. 13 minutes.

2: "Keep Your Dream Alive" - Masterplan
    What the hell happened to Masterplan? After some pretty solid work with Jorne Lande on Aeronautics and Time to Be King (and a brief time with Mike DiMeo on the boring as hell MK II), they fired him due to him being impossible to reliably keep in touch with, but it was not for the better. Nova Infinitum sucks. The best songs are boring and generic, while the worst is hideously overblown title track that feels like four or five demos got tied together as one "song." This song, luckily, fits the boring category. It doesn't stand out and there's absolutely no life to it.

3: "March of Mephisto" - Kamelot
    Now that's more like it. Wonderful song. At the time of release, it was Kamelot's heaviest and darkest song. That title was taken by "The Great Pandemonium" and later "Revolution," but "March of Mephisto" is still a fantastic track. It's heavy, grim and, in the context of the album's story being an adaptation of Faust, basically Mephisto (the stand in for Satan) gloating over Ariel (the stand in for Faust) over the success of his plans in the last album, Epica, that culminated in the death of Helena, the one person Ariel loves above anyone else. The solos, both keys and guitar, are great. Roy Khan's vocals are top notch. There's a reason Kamelot closes theirs shows with this song.

4: "Mary-Lou" - Sonata Arctica
    I wonder if I'll hit something that isn't power metal in this list. I haven't seriously listened to Sonata Arctica in quite a while, with the exception of briefly last year when trying to decide if I should pay to see them live (I kinda regret not going). This song was before they decided they wanted to be a prog metal band, way before. Ecliptica's a rough album. It really sounds like a generic power metal band trying and largely failing to break out of the mold. Even Tony Kakko, who's actually a great singer, is straining on this song, showing his lack of experience. It's not bad, just that Sonata would move on to better things.

5: "Eifursucht" - Rammstein
    Finally something that isn't power metal. I wonder if when Germans call Rammstein generic, this is the kind of stuff they're taking about. I like the song, but it's easily not one of Rammstein's standout songs. They have a lot of great songs, but this? Eh, I'll take "Du Hast," "Links 2 3 4" or "Amerika" over it anyday.

6: "Hammer to Fall" - Queen
    Good Queen is fantastic, mediocre Queen is great, bad Queen is good. Queen can do no wrong. This song isn't going to stick out in anyone's heads when they think of Queen, but it's still a fun song. It is Queen, after all.

7: "First Signs" - Children of Nova
    What ever happened to this band? They released two albums and then fell off the face of the Earth. It was weird. This band is some pretty fun prog rock with lyrics that make no sense unless you're tripping on acid. They took The Mars Volta, added some indie sensibilities and called it a day. If you like complex music, you can't go wrong with this band. If you play Rock Band, their entire first album and a song from their second album are up on the Rock Band Network.

8: "Burn My Heart" - Galneryus
    Oh, Galneryus, what happened to you? You used to be one of my favorite bands, but then you changed singers and decided to abandon what put you on the map in the first place. What we have is one of the few bands I've heard that I will legitimately call sell-outs. Luckily, this isn't one of their worst songs. It's from probably their last good album. This album has the same problem All for One, One for All did. It's not Galneryus. At least, not mostly. It's a solid power metal album that just frustrates me.

It frustrates me because in the same way All for One came off of Beyond the End of Despair, one of my favorite neo-classical metal albums of all time, this came off of Reincarnation, which was a great compromise between where vocalist Yama-B wanted to go and where guitarist Syu wanted to go. Then I think Syu snapped at some point because they've outright abandoned power metal altogether and now play some terrible pop/hard rock hybrid with power metal guitar solos that is just plain terrible.

Syu's a great guitarist, but commercial success got in the way of the band and that just hurts.

9: "Metal Meltdown" - Judas Priest
    A quick history lesson: In the 80s, Judas Priest went through a marketability phase where they tried to be a hair band, resulting in their worst work. Then 1990 came, they saw the writing on the walls and realize that hair metal was going to die. In response, they released Painkiller as if they were apologizing for what they did in the 80s. They dropped their mind blowingly mediocre drummer in favor of Scott Travis, who is easily one of the greatest drummers to ever sit behind a kit.

On any other album, "Metal Meltdown" would have probably been the fan favorite, but on Painkiller? It's just there. That's the quality of what we're working with this album. It's not Priest's best, but it's still fantastic.

10: "The Trees" - Rush
    What do you mean this isn't based on Neil Peart's at the time Objectivist views?

In all seriousness, "The Trees" is almost a parody of political lyrics. While I prefer the "Vault" version that made it into Rock Band 2, this song is a staple of Rush's live shows for a reason. It's a great track with the band's signature complexity and Peart's usual mastery of his exploded drum factory.

10. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

01. I'm Not That Girl - Idina Menzel
    Wicked has a wonderful soundtrack. This isn't the strongest song from the show, but it is a good one and Idina does a good job with it.

02. To Build A Home (feat. Patrick Watson) - The Cinematic Orchestra
    I first heard this song in a Harry Potter AMV that made me cry. So of course, I had to buy it.

03. Shooting Arrows at the Sky - Santigold
    One of the songs from the soundtrack for Catching Fire. I'm still surprised by how much I like this one.

04. One Thing - Jayn
    ...Okay, let's be real here, it's Jayn. We all love her to pieces. She's straight-up angelic, and her voice is far from an exception.

05. If I Knew Then - Lady Antebellum
    I can only take so much country, but I really do like Lady Antebellum. This is one of my favorites by them, if not my favorite.

06. Remember the Enemy - Sam Cushion
    From a fan soundtrack for...one of the Hunger Games books. I downloaded the full collection album for all three soundtracks, so I'm not sure. I'd guess Catching Fire, though, given the title.

07. Ever After - Yoko Shimomura
    Gorgeous violin piece, though I admit it's not my favorite from the game.

08. Wild Blue - Yoko Shimomura
    I quite liked this boss theme from Dream Drop Distance. I mean, it's not one of the best boss themes from the series (Rinzler Recompiled is probably the best one from this game), but it is a good one. Wargoyle gave me so much trouble in Riku's story...

09. Gonna Get Over You - Sara Bareilles
    The upbeat tune paired with the longing lyrics makes for a nice dichotomy. ...Besides the fact that it's super catchy, and it's Sara Bareilles.

10. Supercalifragilisticexpealidocious - Julie Andrews

Even though the sound of it is something quite atrocious!~

11. Misty gimme kiss

Someone really likes metal, huh?

Rolling again because this is fun (please every one repeat to your heart's content)

01. Rise Against - Wait For Me
    I was a big Rise Against fan for years, but I stopped keeping up with them around Appeal to Reason (which was alright). I finally checked out Endgame a few months ago. I don't have a very high opinion of it. Just felt kind of... tired. I'll always have a special place in my heart for Rise Against and will always support them, but I think they've probably overstayed their welcome with Endgame. Give me Revolutions or The Unraveling or give me death.

02. Aladdin OST - A Whole New World

Oops I love Disney music. I've never been a fan of this one, though, nor of Aladdin in general -- I was terrified of it as a child (Jafar scarred me). I rewatched it recently and didn't find it very special. I do like Aladdin's first song, though.

03. Shinedown - Call Me
    I downloaded this album for my mom's boyfriend. I have never listened to it.

04. St. Vincent - Hysterical Strength
    I really wanted to like St. Vincent but I found this album rather dull. This song has kind of a Björk vibe going and I appreciate that, but I'd rather just, well, listen to Björk.

05. Grimes - Colour of Moonlight (Antiochus)
    Grimes! Grimes is phenomenal and massive and essential. After hearing the track she dropped from her lost album, I'm even more excited to hear what she puts out next. Visions is definitely her most put together release and I highly recommend it to anyone looking to get into Grimes.

06. Linkin Park - Breaking the Habit
    Hey **** you guys I still like this song. Not only is it possibly my favorite music video ever, it's just altogether a cool song and imo Linkin Park's best. Yeah I know it's been in roughly six hundred million Kingdom Hearts fanvids. I don't care. It's a good song.

08. The Knife - Crake

I'm interested in The Knife. I only downloaded them recently and haven't really given them a proper listen. This track seems like it's entirely feedback.

09. German Error Message - We Arose
    I don't remember how I found this band but this is a nice little song.

10. The Oh Hellos - The Lament of Eustace Scrub
    I like The Oh Hellos. Bonus points for a song about Narnia.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  12. 61 No. B

1. The Old Number 7 by Bleach Blonde
    This is a band my friend likes and I think is kind of okay. Haven't listened to this in a year or so. Not really my thing.

2. Kings by Chasing Victory
    I used to like these guys a lot more than I do now, but this album remains very interesting to me. It's very.. odd and crafts a unique sound without blatantly changing their sound. I enjoyed listening to this quite a lot.

3. Goodbye by Slipknot
    too sad. can't take it.

4. Injection by Rise Against
    I have totally exhausted everything I could say on this album throughout these forums and don't care to repeat myself.

5. 100 Suns by 30 Seconds to Mars
    This is pretty much everything that I don't like about this band. They're clearly capable of writing good tunes, but a lot of their stuff is painfully dull and boring to listen to.

6. Keep Your Shoulders Cold by Hey Vanity
    I didn't like this much when it came out and I still don't love it, but hearing it within the context of the album does improve it somewhat for being one of the few energetic songs on the album.

7. Behind the Sea by Panic! at the Disco
    One of my favorite songs from Pretty. Odd. I don't think Ryan Ross has a voice powerful enough to lead, but he does very well here as a.. dual lead.. I guess?

8. Holiday by Fireworks
    Too catchy. Again, one of my favorite songs from the album it's from. In fact, it's probably the only one I like from their debut.

9. The Puppeteer by Alesana
    Oh, man. This album totally blew me away when it came out and both restored my love for the band and my confidence in their ability to continue to make good music. Not only is this probably my favorite on the album, but it has real potential to be my favorite song by the band after I've sat with it for a couple years. It's so perfect.

10. Lying from You by Linkin Park
    I've come to a place where this is maybe the only song of theirs I care at all about pre-Midnight.

13. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    1. "Spring Dance" - Korpiklaani:
    Hey, look, it's the first folk metal band that anyone ever gets into. And for good reason! Korpiklaani is basically music to drink to. They're a good time and always fun to hear. Would love to see them live some time.

2. "The Sunk'n Norwegian (acoustic version)" - Alestorm:
    When I think of acoustic Alestorm, I would normally expect a flat out sea shanty. This, however? This shows many of the problems I have with Alestorm. This is already a rather meh album that shits itself halfway through (seriously, there's a song on this album called "Wooden Leg" that is basically the band screaming "WOODEN LEG" over and over), but take a boring Alestorm song and take away the fury and power behind it? You get a very boring Alestorm song.

If you want Alestorm, go listen to their first two albums and only touch the highlights from Back Through Time and Sunset on the Golden Age.

3. "New Legend" - Galneryus:
    See my last post about Galneryus, keeping in mind that this song is from One for All, All for One. Pretty much everything I said there applies here, only the singing is better as Yama-B easily blows Sho out of the water.

4 "Sweat" - Tool:
    It's Tool. I really don't what to say about it.

5 "Fallen Angels" - Dio:
    If someone gave me a time machine and told me that I could go see one musician live in any time period, I would, without hesitation, say Ronnie James Dio. He may not have invented metal or even laid all of the foundations, but there is a reason Dio is considered the Father of Heavy Metal. His work with Elf and Rainbow are invaluable to the formation of metal and he was one of the most prolific singers in the genre.

This song may not be a big hit of his, but it's still Dio and Dio at his average was still better than many bands at their best.

6 "The Theory of Everything, Phase II: Symmetry - XIII: Diagnosis" - Ayreon
    Here's a weird one for you. I can't really talk about this individually because it's the second part of the second scene, as well as the 13th track on the album. And that makes no sense whatsoever for anyone unfamiliar with Ayreon.

Ayreon is less a band and more a progressive metal project conceived by Arjen Anthony Lucassen. Every album is a concept album that normally explores a strange sci-fi storyline that has to do with humankind's future and fish aliens with music that, while mostly sticking to prog metal, touches areas like folk rock or electric rock. It's weird ****. However, two albums don't fit that mold, The Human Equation (which does fit into the greater story... somewhere), which is actually being turned into a stage musical set to premiere in The Netherlands in the fall, and this album, The Theory of Everything, which is, as of this writing, a completely standalone album.

It is easier to compare an Ayreon album to something like Jesus Christ Superstar or Les Miserable than almost any other metal album. It's not an album of individual songs, it's a sung-through musical without the stage performance. It's also really ****ing good. Seriously, The Theory of Everything is one of my favorite albums of all time.

This album in particular stars Kamelot and Seventh Wonder vocalist Tommy Karevik as "The Prodigy" and features Tarot and Nightwish's Marco Hietala as "The Rival," Lacuna Coil's Christina Scabbia as "The Mother" and Grand Magus's Janne "JB" Christoffersson as "The Teacher," so there's serious vocal talent on display here.

The story is about a highly autistic teenager and how the people around him see him, especially after his father starts giving him an experimental drug so he can use his incredible mind. While the cliche of the autistic savant is on display, it's a fascinating and heart wrenching story. I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who enjoys deep, complex music or stage musicals.

7 "Last Five" - Archive:
    Speaking of weird songs, early Archive is nothing like what I would normally listen to. Hell, even though I love newer Archive, I still don't listen to old Archive that often because I find their prog rock more interesting than their trip hop. This song definitely has shades of both, but is still very much a trip hop song with the rap vocals and dark, minimalist instrumentation.

Hip hop fans and prog rock fans interested in trip hop should definitely look into this band as a starting point.

8 "No One Loves Me and Neither Do I" - Them Crooked Vultures:
    If anyone tries to tell you that 70s style rock is dead, show them Them Crooked Vultures. A superband comprised of Queens of the Stone Age's Josh Homme, Nirvana and Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl and Led Zeppelin's John Paul Jones, Them Crooked Vultures was a surprise.

I don't care for most of Dave Grohl's work (can't stand grunge and I am not impressed by Foo Fighters), but I can definitely get into this kind of 70s style hard rock. This isn't the best song on the album, but the album is solid enough that there really isn't a bad song on it anywhere.

9 "Summertime Blues (R30 Live) - Rush:
    I love Rush. Even their less noteworthy albums (and the album of covers) have great tracks. They're like Queen, good Rush is fantastic, mediocre Rush is great and bad Rush is good. While this song is one of their less noteworthy tracks, the live setting does help as, despite Geddy Lee's range leaving a lot to be desired in the last fifteen years or so, their passion and love of being on stage playing this music just oozes off their live performances.

10 "The Final Sacrifice" - Avantasia:
    Like with Ayreon, it's not entirely accurate to call Avantasia a band as much as a project, though Tobias Sammet is nowhere near as ambitious as Arjen Lucassen's pinky. But that's alright because Avantasia is a series of mostly great power metal albums.

This song is from The Metal Opera Part II, when Sammet was still trying to emulate Rhapsody of Fire's concept cycle, for better or worse. It's not the most noteworthy stuff and The Wicked Trilogy (consisting of The Scarecrow, The Wicked Symphony and Angel of Babylon) is better, it's still a fun listen.

Also, Michael Kiske won't stop guesting on Avantasia, despite claiming that he hates metal and wants nothing to do with it.

You have no idea.

14. Hiro ✩ Guardian

1- "Wings (feat. Casey Lee Williams)" - Jeff Williams
    From the RWBY soundtrack. Honestly even if you dislike the show as a whole the music is really well done and one of the strong points. Plus Casey has an amazing voice, and I was surprised to learn she was only 15 when the first RWBY season came out because she sings really professionally.

2- "Sail" - AWOLNATION
    Cliché but I really just like the sound of this one. It's a lot more easy going than I'm used to in music, and when it rains I love how well it fits.

3- "Sacrifice" - J
    eff Williams and Casey Lee Williams
    From the RWBY Volume 2 soundtrack. The hardcore rock is great because it's not too overbearing like most hard rock songs, and it's not too gentle. The music this year was a lot better than last year's and I got it as soon as it was released.

4- "Battle (Champion/Cynthia)" - Manaka Kataoka

As soon as my Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS CDs came in the mail, I knew I had to have them available at all times. I'm still super upset that the 3DS version got like, less than half the songs the Wii U got, but that's tje way the world rolls I guess.

5- "We're Not Gonna Take It" - Twisted Sister
    Because everyone needs rebellion in their lives. Aaaaand I was just sick of how some people treated me so I just kinda downloaded this as a mood lifter and fell in love with it. Help.

5- "Dark Paradise" - Lana Del Rey
    Before I found Marina I found Lana and let me tell you they were the first "real" music I listened to in a long time and I didn't regret it at all. Lana has a constant sound compared to all my other favorite singers, and it's nice to keep consistency.

6- "Can't Pin Me Down" - Marina and the Diamonds
    LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY QUEEN.
    Every single one of her songs describes my life perfectly. They always fit and so far due to scary councidences, new moments have ended up being from previous songs of hers. Odd coincidences, yeah, but even then I just love her songs. She experiments with sound a lot and thus far none of her songs have disappointed.

7- "VAMOLA! Kyoryuger" - Kamata Shogo
    I really love Japanese Power Rangers okay. Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger is my favorite. The theme song just gets you pumped up, and I have really fond memories of singing it badly with my friend Izzy when we stayed up late marathoning Kyoryuger.

8- "Choushinka! Western Kyoryu Beat" - Kamata Shogo
    Another Kyoryuger theme. It plays when the main character, Kyoryu Red, equips his Zakutor (Velociraptor) Claw and Parasagun (Parasaurolophus) Blaster like how his T-Rex robot can do the same with the Zakutor and Prasagun robots.

Anyway, the individual remixes for every combo he can do are really cool. This Sentai series has the best music of all 39 of them.

9- "Dance Through the Danger" - Christina Vee
    The theme from Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero. The Shantae series is really obscure but it's wonderful. It plays similar to Metroid. The music is really great and this one is my favorite thine of all the games, with Pirate's Curse coming up closely behind. I really recommend getting the games on the 3DS eShop if you're looking for fun.

10- "Iron" - Within Temptation
    Everyone had that middle school phase with an edge, except mine is incredibly recent. This band came up on Pandora and the songs were too cool to pass up. They're my guilty pleasure.

15. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

BUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP.

1. Losing My Religion - Lacuna Coil
    A remake of an old song, it's basically the bad a$$ version. I like it for the female vocalist's voice and the electric guitars, but I don't like the way the song abruptly starts without leading in. It's also extremely hard to find in decent quality.

2. One More Day -10 Years
    10 years has a way of writing poetic lyrics with a deep meaning, and this song is no different. It's middling between fast and slow paced. It's nice to listen to and relax after a long day.

3. A*ss Back Home - Secrets
    Another remake. I'm not sure of the origins of the song, but being that this is on the Punk Goes Pop #5, I couldn't pass it up. The lyrics alternate between screaming and singing, so if you don't like the heavier stuff, this isn't for you.

4. Runnin - Adam Lambert
    I'm not a huge fan of the artist, but this is the one song I will listen to. It's a typical pop song with an easy beat, stereotypical lyrics and forgettable music, but it's a break up song I can't seem to stop listening to.

5. Wrecking Ball - Christina Gimmie
    Yet another remake, but one that was sorely needed. Christina Gimmie has the voice to pretty much rock any song, and the up front guitar verses make what used to be an annoying has been on the radio to something much better. I would definitely recommend this.

6. Lights We Burn - Nine Lashes
    I'm not a fan of faith or religious music, but these guys pull it off right. They don't mention any specific themes, and the words are somewhat general in terms of religious meaning. They have some others that are similarly made and are just as good.

7. Not Strong Enough - Apocalyptica featuring Brent Smith from Shinedown
    One of my all time favorites. The strong quartet backed by Brent's voice is a powerful combination. It isn't exactly heavy, considering there are no guitars, but the cello and violin can rock just as hard, as shown in this song.

8. Miss the Misery - Halestorm
    My favorite band since Evanescence, they have a gritty sense to their music. The strong female vocals and hard rock music make it easy to get into the song, and the words put a kind of ironic spin on an abusive relationship, which only serves to make it more unique.

9. Broken Pieces - Apocalyptica featuring Lacey Sturm from Flyleaf.
    If you've ever listened to Flyleaf, then you know that Lacey Sturm has a pretty unique voice. Flyleaf focuses mostly on religious themes in their music, but this one is good in its own right. The words are hard to understand without reading the lyrics, and the meaning is somewhat ambiguous, but it's fun to sing along to and work out with all the same.

10. Angels Fall - Breaking Benjamin
    Off their new album, I'm kind of surprised this song isn't a bigger hit. It's quite similar to their single "Failure", and the lyrics are typical and loyal to Breaking Benjamin's past themes, but you can't help but love the song.

16. Midnight Star Master of Physics

So I'm really nervous about doing this, I barely ever update my ipod so it's not really been updated in ages and I have like zero confidence in my taste in music.

Here goes nothing (after my oh **** where did I put my ipod moment)

1. We are Champions - Queen
    Well, you can't go wrong with a bit of queen. Not my favourite of their songs but I still enjoy it, it reminds me of school when I was the leader of a quiz team called the champions and I seem to recall we did pretty damn well.

2. Town Called Malice - The Jam
    brb dancing ^,^ A very lively tune that makes me want to get up and dance and yeah, very upbeat.

3. Carwash - Rose Royce
    Pretty sure this is off Shark Tale, but I actually got it from an album I bought for my mum for Mothers Day then ended up putting all the ones I liked on my ipod xD But yeah, again quite a upbeat song.

3. Turning Japanese - The Vapors
    Can you tell I like older music?? I've also been able to sing most of these word for word. But yeah, fast beat and something i can dance to.

4. Vanilla Twilight - Owl City
    Bit of a change of pace, this was my favourite song for quite a while. I love the lyrics and the tune and yeah, I really like this song.

5. Your Song - Elton John
    Don't judge, it's actually a really nice song, that's nice to just listen to sometimes.

6. Reward - The Teardrop Explodes
    Huh, third song off the Teenage Kicks compilation album. Not my favourite but it's lively and fun to listen to.

7. Thank You - Dido
    Not really listened to this one as much as the others (still can sing along?) but I like it, nice tune and yeah, I'm not good at this commentary thing.

8. One Better Day - Madness
    I was wondering if any Madness was going to come up, I have one of their albums on here and it's been coming up a lot recently. I really like their music though this is one of the ones that I'm not so bothered about.

9. You're still the one - Shania Twain
    A bit more relaxing(ish) and it's nice. Yeah.

10. Jimmy Jimmy - Madonna
    Oh my god, I used to love this song. Still can sing along word for word. (Though as you should be able to tell by now I'm rubbish at explaining why I like songs) I really liked most of her True Blue album, though I'm not as bothered about her more recent stuff.

Yeah, I suck at doing this.

17. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

A lot of what I listen to comes from Soundtracks or stuff I heard in TV shows. I like to think I have a broad sense of taste, but I know that's not entirely true.

1. Monster - Skillet
    So much nostalgia with this song. It's just a great song to get you pumped up. I've seen Skillet live twice, and both times they played this. I can still feel the strain in my voice from singing along with them.

2. What Would We Do Without You - Company (2006)
    I'm a huge fan of Sondheim. He's creative in his vocal arrangements as well as with his lyrics. This song, along with the song that comes before this (Side by Side) really shows off his craftsmanship as a writer.

3. Crossing Fields - Lisa
    I've gone on record by saying this is probably the best thing of Sword Art Online, which I still stand by. This song is just pure energy, end of story!

4. Carnival of Rust - Poets of the Fall
    I love the sense of tragedy in this song. It's a love song, but not a love that should be idolized.

5. Epiphany - Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street Film Soundtrack
    My favorite of Sondheim's musicals, and a great number. As much as the film gets a lot of hate, I really think it's okay. Depp may not be musically trained, but he perfectly captures Sweeney's struggle, and he is great here.

6. Take Me or Leave Me - Rent Film Soundtrack
    Ahh, Rent. I really like how this works as a fight song between two people. There's no holding back, and you know both characters are just done with each other.

7. Fly Me to the Moon- Frank Sinatra
    Just a nice smooth song, nothing more, nothing less.

8. Boulevard of Broken Dreams -Green Day
    I got into Green Day through the American Idiot musical. It's a great character song and sets up the journey that the main trio will be going through.

9. The Rant Song - Scrubs The Musical
    Bumper buddies! I love how it is just pure Cox from beginning to end.

10. They're Only Human - Death Note: The Musical (NY Demo)
    One of my favorite songs from the demo! The say Rem and Ryuk play off each other is really great. Just in a short about of time, you understand both characters and what they bring to the story!

18. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

My music library is pretty freaking massive with 366gb of files in total. God only knows what music I am going to draw, but for my sake I hope it is good.

1. The Pick of Destiny (Album Version) - Tenacious D

Dear lord, where can I even begin... To me this song represents the start of both a fun album and movie. Nothing about this or any of Tenacious D's songs are serious, and that is where the magic comes in. No complaints on my end lol.

2. Silence Unbroken - TES V: Skyrim
    Skyrim's OST has got to be the best OST I know of where you can just go out, walk around, and think. Nothing else matters because you are just in that moment. For sure any song from this OST is going to give you chills if you like both music and Skyrim the way I do.

3. A Farewell to Kings - Rush
    Man as soon as I heard that intro, all of those feelings just went through my body. Bits and pieces of this song remind me of "The Trees" by Rush, mostly the opening though. As a bassist, Rush being in my library should come as no surprise. Music like this reminds me of my father, who more or less indirectly influenced my entire taste of music. Not dictating what I like or don't like, but exposing me to things that I stuck to like my life depended on it.

4. Mammoth - The Devil Wears Prada
    I love this band, this song wouldn't be my first choice when it comes to other stuff they have made. However, I don't have many complaints.

5. Saints and Sinners - Bullet for My Valentine
    To me this song feels like a good "road trip" or "car" song. Not that my headphones aren't high quality, but it wouldn't almost feel better listening to this on the road. Then again I do also like cars, so that might be influencing my mood. Who knows.

6. Before the Dawn - Judas Priest
    Ah Judas Priest. I've been a huge fan of theirs ever since I was a kid. This is another one of those "my dad listened to them" examples. Good stuff.

7. Wither - Dream Theater
    Ohohoho we got a good one. This song to me has always been very emotional. We've all gone through some tough times, such is life. I am not trying to fight against that, instead I find it best to just cope and move on. That is what this song represents to me. Instead of the overly complicated things that Dream Theater normally does (which I effing love by the way), they decided to slows things down and just work on making our hearts "feel" the song. Boy oh boy, they did a great job of that. It also wouldn't be a Dream Theater song without an excellent display of MIND BLOWING talent. The solo in this song is one of the best I have heard, and I am 100% fine if there aren't many others that top this. It doesn't have to be overly complicated, but in the category of "solos that make you feel", this one gets a 10. Good job, John Petrucci.

8. Betrayed - Avenged Sevenfold
    Good lord, I was getting worried that these guys wouldn't appear on this. It should come to no surprise that I am a huge Avenged Sevenfold fan (especially considering the Rev has been my avatar since I came back to KHV). I know a lot of people like to hate these guys, and you know what? That's okay. We all don't have to like the same stuff, so with that in mind I just love this album as well as this song specifically. It's not one of the more popular songs that you see on YouTube or the radio. However I have always loved this one, and I wish they played it live a little bit more. Hell I wished they did another tour playing most of this album. Specifically seeing them play MIA live would be lovely. foREVer

9. A Sky Full of Stars - Persona 4: Golden OST
    I will admit that I am somewhat late to the whole "Persona 4" bandwagon. When I was a kid, my ps2 library was a bit "restricted", so my only real exposure to this particular story line is P4G that I've played countless times on my Vita, and the anime. For the longest time, KH2 was untouchable. The game was perfect to me (minus Atlantic, fk that) and the OST was just perfection. This was until I played Persona 4: Golden. This game, this song, everything about this title just screams "feel good". Thank you Atlus for making my perfect game, and perfect soundtrack. Cheers to all the work you do in the future.

10. Dammit - Blink 182
    DID SOMEBODY SAY DRUMS? My main two instruments in my lifetime are the trumpet which I played in almost every music program my school district had, and the bass. However there were several years during middle school into highschool where drums were my SH1T. During the summers I would play for 6-8 hours until my forearms were having muscle spasms. I've torn muscles, got dehydrated, etc, AND I DO NOT REGRET A SINGLE MOMENT. Songs like these remind me of how fun drumming were. I always loved playing this song as one of my last for that day, because it was something I could just put every ounce of energy I had left into and it was amazing. I wish I had the free time/space I did in the past because I would love to get back into it. Alas, it is just a happy memory now. Thanks for the fun times, Blink.

19. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

@Misty do not get into Yung Lean plz

01. Conversations With God - Charles Hamilton
    Man, this dude used to be my favorite rapper from like 2009 to 2013 but then he went insane and started releasing extremely lo-fi music that was completely unlistenable and also he's kind of a shitty human who insulted one of my friends so I then started a riot on his facebook page. Good times. He made an apology video after that and mentioned me by name. This used to be one of my early favorites of his actually.. Such a heartfelt song. Haven't heard it in years and it brings back memories of my teenage years. Fuck dat shit.

02. Responsible - Lyle Horowitz
    A beat on a beat-tape made by a good friend of mine who I met on the internet and then met in real life last year and have hung out with in NYC and LA having great adventures with. I have lots of random beats in my iTunes.

03. Wild'n Cuz I'm Young - Kid Cudi
    One of my least favorite songs from my favorite Kid Cudi album. I don't listen to Cudi anymore because he's a fucking ass who also insulted one of my friends last year on twitter and then deleted the tweets BUT WE GOT DEM SCREENS CUDI. Fuck em.

04. in the air - Lux Natura
    Another instrumental. This dude has been one of my favorite producers as of late cause he makes beats that sounds like being lost in the woods and I take my favorite ones and write songs to them

[​IMG]

05. LevelUp - Samuel Truth
    Another beat. I'm starting to think I have more beats than songs in my library man dis shit brazy. My friend and I used one of this guy's beats and made a dope song and video and then a few months later Hypebeast used the beat for a Rae Sremmurd promo and we were just like

[​IMG]

06. Monster Zero - King Geedorah
    I have never heard this song/instrumental in my life it came in the MF Doom complete discography I pirated

07. 12 AM (The Text) - K1ng Eljay
    An instrumental my friend sent me as a reference for a song he's working on. Wow I really have more instrumentals than songs, its official. Someone airdrop my some music with words plz

08. Do Somethin' - CRASHprez
    A song my friend made back in 2013 about the continual murder of unarmed african american youth. Dis shit real mane he was ahead of his time, gon peep that video and also I think I have more music from my friends than I do music from other people I've never met.

09. I'm In It - Kanye West Ft. Assassin & Justin Vernon
    THE LORD YEEZUS BLESSES MY SHUFFLE AW MAN ITS LIT. This song so vulgar its insane but the production and vocal effects and flows on this are so wild that I don't care. You heard this beat? YOU HEAR THIS BEAT FAM? THIS PRODUCTION IS MENACING AND THE SAMPLE THEY FLIPPED FOR IT JUST MAKES IT EVEN MORE CRAZY! AND THE JAMAICAN DUDE THAT COMES IN SPITTING THEM ISMS!?!? AND JUSTIN VERNON OF BON IVER SINGING ON IT!?!?!?! FAM! THIS SHIT BRAZY! THE CHOPPED UP SCREAM????? WHEN I FIRST HEARD THAT I LOST MY MIND MAN GON PLAY THIS LOUD ONE TIME FOR THE ONE TIME IF YOU NEVER HEARD IT, ITS A JOURNEY.

10. Pipe Dream (Demo) - @Melvin Burch
    Oh look another instrumental. Melvin is one of my best friends and worst enemies and it would be his damn beat demo that comes in to f
    uck up that hype after hearing I'm In It peace y'all I'm out

20. 61 No. B

done on my phone so there will prob be a lot of repeat bands

green day - minority
    good song. not my favorite from Warning but solid nonetheless. i've heard cynical people say it's the last good they released and i could not disagree more.

fall out boy - she's my winona
    it's hard for me to think about fob these days. their first 4 albums are legendary and instrumental in defining my tastes at a musically impressionable age, but man have they murdered it now.

the all american rejects - fallin' apart
    best song on their worst album. nice little unoffensive tune.

breaking benjamin - lady bug
    buying this ep was a huge effin deal as a kid. ep's have always had this mystical air about them for me for some reason, so buying this bizare thing online and getting it in the mail and listening to brbe i'd never heard before was quite the experience. good song too.

green day - worry rock
    my feelings on nimrod are as fuzzy and this album is incoherent. i love it, i think it's one of their best albums, but it doesn't play like a cohesive piece. which is not necessarily a bad thing in this case but this song stops the first part of the album dead and i don't think it fully picks back up until jinx. and i don't know why that is. this is a good song. just odd placing on the track list.

afi - the nephilim
    **** yeah, afi.

misfits - i turned into a martian
    misfits after afi. how convenient.

green day - i was there
    this song sucks. this album sucks except for the first song.

foo fighters - come back
    huh i had never heard this song. sounds good.

protest the hero - drumhead trial
    amazing song. super amazing. i wish everyone would listen to this song. i bought the cd a couple days ago and have been playing this in my car a lot.