Site News Short downtime, post counts, and roleplaying!

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Misty, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

I was mostly asking for the reputation counters because of a negative reputation I got once, which, for some odd reason, completely disappeared from my User CP, but the points remained. I messaged Wolfie about it, and she said that it was there, it just wasn't displaying for me or something.

2. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Did it perhaps just get pushed off the bottom of the list, or did it vanish from the middle? Either way, if staff can see it then it is in the database and refreshing the counters wouldn't give that rep back.

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

It was nowhere near the end of the lineup.

4. Mixt The dude that does the thing

An odd glitch then, but that's all it is. Maybe you'll see it again at the next nostalgia rep weekend, maybe you're stuck with an invisible derep. I don't know. But I'm fairly sure Wolfie wasn't just messing with you so the rep is in the database that a counter refresh would look at.

5. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

It was down? I haven't noticed. x_x

6. Amaury Legendary Hero

It was a planned downtime, and it was probably because you weren't on when it happened. It happened the night of June 16th going by Pacific time.

7. Misty gimme kiss

It wasn't really "planned," I told Jayn we'd do this all that weekend but the exact time/date was never decided. It was rather short (maybe an hour) and during an off-time, so many of you probably did not notice it.

8. What? 『 music is freedom 』

Well this is quite good for heavy roleplayers as they will at least have a superior chance at getting their lost posts back!

9. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

has the message count been affected at all by this new site update? i noticed that posts that were counting for me before on the old site for kh-vids, are no longer giving me credit. [in the RP-Arena] or was the character count just increased or something? before i noticed it was about 1000 characters/250 words, but now even my 300+ words aren't enough to raise the post count. which i'm assuming is the new MESSAGE COUNT display.

Edit: i just noticed that Bushy posted something about it on the Xenforo issue Page. sorry to be a bother. at least it was brought to attention i guess. =]

10. Jayn

News on this was updated briefly here. The RP mod is up and running and should work. I tested it out and Bushy Brow also confirmed it was working for him. The character limit on VB was never 1000 characters.

Either way, nothing should have changed and the mod is definitely working. Going to double check everything though.