Shooting in Virginia

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Roxas is Hot, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. N Hollow Bastion Committee

That tells me he was angry about something, but I don't think it was about a woman.

2. HellKitten Kingdom Keeper

No it wasn't it. It was a story he had to write for class. It made the teacher's worried, and he just snapped about a week later.

3. ♥AL90♥ Hollow Bastion Committee

Why is it about where I live? Where do you live?
    Yeah I live really close to virginia tech and my school got the first info and everyone was shocked and some of the teachers kids went to the school. None of them were hurt. They we're just in shock. We had to wear orange on friday to represent "hookie nation" That day was kind of sad too

4. Spike H E R O

Again?! This is the fifth shooting I've heard about this year! Why does this keep happening? It just...it's not right. People's lives are constantly being thrown away, and for what?

5. ♥AL90♥ Hollow Bastion Committee

Why is it about where I live? Where do you live?
    It's the same about this stupid war! People dying in vain because of some stupid theory that has been proven not to be true

6. Roxas is Hot I'd lick his Sea Salt stick anytime. ♥

What I can't believe about things like these is that people actually have the GUTS to go out and commit sh!t like this.

I don't know if that aszhole of a shooter knew he had problems, but the least he could do was go and tell somebody about it, instead of being a prick and taking it out on any innocent student he could find.

Good thing he's dead, or I'd send hate mail to him until he drowned in it.

7. Laurence_Fox Chaser

He did tell someone about it. In fact he was admitted to a Mental Rehabilitation Clinic for Depression. If you would read the rest of the thread you would have seen this.

Guts likely had nothing to do with it. As I've stated before Cho was on AntiDepressants which usually take around 2 WEEKS to even START working. A Manic Depressive can have as many as 20-40 Manic Episodes in that amount of time. During those times, they don't really give a crap what they do, more of a 'I feel like complete **** and I'm taking people down with me' feeling.

So easy to write him off as a bad person. I'm reminded of the wise words of Atticus Finch in To Kill a Mockingbird 'Don't judge someone until you can put on their skin and spend a day as them.' {I messed that quote up lol but you get the idea} The point being you, me, or anyone else doesn't know what was going through his head and thusly we cannot judge him based on actions alone.

Yes I realize people died that day and it was a tragedy. But I remember reading that they were considering NOT burying him in sanctified ground because of the shooting spree AND because he killed himself in the end. If anything I feel that Cho Chang's tormented spirit should finally be at peace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.